ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoffs- IHSA version

brucealmighy

Apr 30, 2006
Tonight is the release of the first college football playoff rankings. What if the IHSA playoffs only included 4 teams? Who would you have in? Who are the next two?

1. ESL
2. LWE
3. Naz
4. MC

next two : NV, Warren

Oh boy! Here comes the wrath of the Six Flags faithful!

Personally, I think I would have Warren in front of Naz at this point. Naz has an on the field loss.

1. LWE
2. Warren
3. MC
4. ESL

Next in:
Naz, NV, GBW

Last edited:
Reactions: CaravanMan
The way college does it now is that the winners of the best conferences get in

ESL won their conference and the DVC.
LWE/MC won the two best conferences this year.
Naz is undefeated and played a tougher schedule than the rest.

If you’re doing it like college, undefeated doesn’t matter... conference championship doesn’t matter... they strive to get the 4 best teams. Those teams just so happen to often be undefeated conference champs.

GW
MC
LWE
ESL

NAZ
Idk... Neuqua?

Reactions: JVCoach1

Personally, I think I would have Warren in front of Naz at this point. Naz has an on the field loss.

1. LWE
2. Warren
3. MC
4. ESL

Next in:
Naz, NV, GBW
I think MC had 2 close calls to teams that just aren't that good. I'd have GW in Probably.

I think MC had 2 close calls to teams that just aren't that good. I'd have GW in Probably.

Good point. However, I think MC has better quality wins (MS, Montini, Marist, Rice, LA)

And after HC got rolled in first round of the playoffs, I question the strength of the WSS conference. GBW struggled with HC.

Rolling Meadows at 10-0 is not getting any recognition in this conversation or any others for that matter. Maybe much of their schedule is suspect, but they are the only team to take down the offensive juggernaut that is Hersey.

1. LWE
2. Warren
3. MC
4. ESL

Next in:
Naz, NV, GBW
I agree with your four, but I'd rank them like this:

1. ESL
2. LWE
3. Warren
4. MC

If you are saying IHSA it would be 4 unbeaten schools with most playoff points after tie breakers. Don’t ask them if you want the 4 BEST teams

My opinion
LWE
ESL
MC
Warren (by 6 flags)

GW gives me pause after their flat performance against HC who I was unimpressed with

Rolling Meadows at 10-0 is not getting any recognition in this conversation or any others for that matter. Maybe much of their schedule is suspect, but they are the only team to take down the offensive juggernaut that is Hersey.
I seen them twice. Not even in my top 10. Absolutely no defense played in that conference.

Reactions: Undercenter3rd1
Gonna want to shake up the regulars. Bring in the at-large team to spike viewership.

ESL
MC
That school near six flags
LWE

next up:
NAZ
GBW

And Hersey isn’t on anyone’s list either. Exact same 9-0 and 8-1 records as last season and both were losers in the 2nd round last year. Rolling Meadows barely survived round 1 with a 29-27 win over 5-4 Alton HS.

And Hersey isn’t on anyone’s list either. Exact same 9-0 and 8-1 records as last season and both were losers in the 2nd round last year. Rolling Meadows barely survived round 1 with a 29-27 win over 5-4 Alton HS.
Maybe Round 2 will be better this season for Rolling Meadows and Hersey. The former gets 8-2 Prospect for a 2nd time this year after beating them by 21 earlier. The latter has 7-3 Lake Zurich following their narrow escape last weekend.

Maybe Round 2 will be better this season for Rolling Meadows and Hersey. The former gets 8-2 Prospect for a 2nd time this year after beating them by 21 earlier. The latter has 7-3 Lake Zurich following their narrow escape last weekend.

No doubt. I would expect RM to be able to beat Prospect as they did in the regular season and I see no reason Hersey shouldn’t be a able to beat LZ. But I can see RM struggling with the winner of the DGN / WWS game even though their records aren’t as good. Assuming Hersey does beat LZ I’m not sure what to make of a potential match-up against Willowbrook.

No doubt. I would expect RM to be able to beat Prospect as they did in the regular season and I see no reason Hersey shouldn’t be a able to beat LZ. But I can see RM struggling with the winner of the DGN / WWS game even though their records aren’t as good. Assuming Hersey does beat LZ I’m not sure what to make of a potential match-up against Willowbrook.
Hersey might struggle with LZ now because they are healthy on offense.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT