ADVERTISEMENT

Coach of the Year?

To be fair, most HS coaches actually have classroom responsibilities to some extent. Lynch is an "Admissions Associate."
Not like they used to though. Seems like a lot of football and basketball programs know that because of the visibility, it’s sometimes best not having the coach teaching 8th period history.

Not like they used to though. Seems like a lot of football and basketball programs know that because of the visibility, it’s sometimes best not having the coach teaching 8th period history.
Oh, I definitely agree. It's very difficult to pull off in public schools, but not impossible. Any time you can have a coach focus more on coaching than the school activity during the season is generally an advantage.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Ryan Wilkens of Glenbard North took and 0 - 9 team from last year to a 6 - 3 record this year in the tough DuKane conference. Only losses were early in the season against teams that all made the playoffs (Neuqua Valley, Warren and Batavia). Advanced to a second round playoff game against Mount Carmel that was anybody's game until the 4th quarter.

That is an amazing turnaround. I'm a St. Charles East fan that didn't give GBN much of a chance of doing anything meaningful this year and I ate some big crow. Hats off to Wilkens and the Panther players.
I agree and I'm a Mount Carmel Alum

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT