ADVERTISEMENT

Class action lawsuit now filed

I didn't anticipate football getting going, but this should stop the football crowd from any more action. It's time winter sports start making sure their season happens, cause those I've tried to convince its in jeopardy, don't seem to believe it.
Basketball will play, IDPH Ezeke's daughter plays so theyll say its safe to play

Not so sure about that. She plays soccer and is being held out for the fall plus that sport can only do scrimmages
time will tell, but its very interesting that they had basketball put in the medium risk category when they reclassified sports.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT ADVOCATING THE BELOW, JUST CALLING IT OUT FROM A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE

For those asking about what type of lawsuit could win, here goes. Someone else either a school or private club team would need to play a game/tournament which violates the guidelines and get shut down by the IDPH. Then they could have a good chance to win since there are actual damages and it would reveal that the guidelines are non-binding. Reality is with all of the levels of liability involved, school districts, private organizations, this is quite unlikely. However, this would be the way to get these rules reversed in the quickest way.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT ADVOCATING THE BELOW, JUST CALLING IT OUT FROM A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE

For those asking about what type of lawsuit could win, here goes. Someone else either a school or private club team would need to play a game/tournament which violates the guidelines and get shut down by the IDPH. Then they could have a good chance to win since there are actual damages and it would reveal that the guidelines are non-binding. Reality is with all of the levels of liability involved, school districts, private organizations, this is quite unlikely. However, this would be the way to get these rules reversed in the quickest way.
How about a needy IL student-athlete being told on the record by a college staffer that no scholarship consideration would be forthcoming due to lack of Fall 2020 evaluation opportunities compared to states allowing play?

How about a needy IL student-athlete being told on the record by a college staffer that no scholarship consideration would be forthcoming due to lack of Fall 2020 evaluation opportunities compared to states allowing play?

would need to be more than consideration. would need to be no offer otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT