ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A Title Game

Cat Box

Sep 23, 2012
Here we go...

Who do you have?
I don't know anything about these two teams but I have to take Forreston as a credit to the way they defeated Lena-Winslow in the semi-finals. That L-W team was on par with Bmac and IC. I am really impressed with the level of football being played at the 1A level.

In 1A, go with the representative from the NUIC. That’s all I know, but it seems to hold true every year.

Never heard of Camp Point Central. I like seeing new teams in there though.

Both teams defeated the semi-final favorite to get here. Interesting we have two underdogs squaring off in the championship game.

Forreston comes from a conference that put EPC into the 2A semis and 3 of the four in 1A North Quarters (L-W, Dakota)...Not a conference to mess with in football or wrestling...

Reactions: Cat Box
Forreston has a new head coach: Kyle Zick. Got knocked out of the playoffs last year by Le-Win, lost to them Week Two, then beat them in the Semis last week.
Central of Camp Point beat Greenfield, Carrollton, Concord (Triopia) during the season and then beat them again in the playoffs. 53 guys in uniform, about half the guys in the school.
Forreston has a guy named Boomgarden. Might be the best football name ever. All-Madden team on that alone.

I'll go with Gambletron's 31-28 prediction for Forreston.

I would like to see colors or nouns instead of numbers for these different levels,the quality of this 1a game is way better than people would think based on the numbering system.

What channel of Comcast is currently showing the 1A game?
Is it chan 201 / 109
Or possibly chan 285 / 102

I know different areas may be different, I am in the Coal City area.

What channel of Comcast is currently showing the 1A game?
Is it chan 201 / 109
Or possibly chan 285 / 102

I know different areas may be different, I am in the Coal City area.
I would just check for myself, but I never watch TV and my daughter has it hooked up to one of her Play Stations or whatever. She going to swap it over for me when she comes over. I am Tech Challenged.

I have Direct TV.
Channel 665
nbcsportschicago.com
At least @catbox did not have to go to that dump of Memorial Stadium again this year for the finals, maybe next year IHSA will move it to Northern IL so AC can play a home game......

If I heard the announcer correctly, he said that over the last ten years NUIC teams are 10-0 in the title game. That's impressive.

Stockton lost in 2012. Current 6-game win streak for NUIC teams.
Stockton also lost in 2004; NUIC teams then went on a 6-game finals winning streak.

Stockton lost in 2012. Current 6-game win streak for NUIC teams.
Stockton also lost in 2004; NUIC teams then went on a 6-game finals winning streak.

2A Lanark Eastland Pearl City had the daily double in '14 with 1A Forreston...

For those scratching their heads, the NUIC has two divisions for football...the Upstate with Milledgeville, Stockton & Freeport Aquin...the Northwest with Lanark EPC, L-W, Forreston, Dakota, Galena...either a NUIC or Lincoln Trail (Toulon Stark County, Aledo Mercer County) conference member has been 1A north winner forever...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT