ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago cancels all games this week

Coach Percy

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2016
CPS cancelled all games due to Van Dyke trial. How will this affect the state playoffs?

Should be interesting to see what they do. I know some of the soccer playoffs were cancelled so we will see what the ihsa does with that too

If the proper "sensitivity" is not shown in this matter by the IHSA, I could believe some legal action by advocates of the CPS could result. These are litigious times!

Reactions: Coach Percy
Given the fact that it's the IHSA, I'm sure they will do the PC thing, whatever that happens to be. Also, the trial is over and Van Dyke was found guilty, so why the hesitation to play the games?

I have no clue. The teams in Chicago were all prepared to play and we got an email at 230pm saying all activities this weekend are cancelled

Given the fact that it's the IHSA, I'm sure they will do the PC thing, whatever that happens to be. Also, the trial is over and Van Dyke was found guilty, so why the hesitation to play the games?

The problem is that several groups vowed to riot whether he was found guilty or not guilty...So, what's the point of rioting in my view...

I assume that the IHSA will treat this like a teacher strike or other reason to cancel games...games against non-CPS schools will be forfeits, games between CPS schools will just be cancelled...I would guess that some CPS teams will attempt to make the games up if they have playoff implications, but the major playoff implication will the loss of playoff points for some schools...

Schools cant find buses. Monday is a holiday and all the bus companies are closed.

No buses Monday, no problem. Maybe they can return to the good old days of the playoffs and play the games on Tuesday and turn around and play the next opponent on Friday. After all, the post-season back when included the first round game on Wednesday and the second round that Saturday. Let's go ahead and toughen 'em up!!

CPS messed up by canceling everything without first seeing what happened first. They should have just moved Friday's games to Sunday on Friday. CPS overreacted as usual

Bus drivers welcome the extra hours. Lame excuse that the holiday causes buses not to be available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT