ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Freshman Scores

Yes. Right in the thread title that you clicked on.
Yep I did. Had to see what would want anyone to think this was that important.

I would think that the most important thing at the freshman level was to ensure that your school is playing and developing as many kids as possible.

You have obviously never spent time around CCL Frosh football.
Spent plenty of time around it. Coached youth football at a Catholic grammar school for 14 years. Had a kid play football in the ESCC.

Could care less who won. All I cared about was that the kids played and got better.

I can't tell you how many times I heard dads bragging about winning conference as a freshman. Then watch their teams go 3-6 or 2-7 as varsity teams.

Reactions: eireog and penlight

I would think that the most important thing at the freshman level was to ensure that your school is playing and developing as many kids as possible.
You have obviously never spent time around CCL Frosh football.
I’d agree mc14-0 but it’s more than that for him. It’s not the first time he’s popped in a CCL Frosh thread with his passive way of calling us idiots
Spent plenty of time around it. Coached youth football at a Catholic grammar school for 14 years. Had a kid play football in the ESCC.

Could care less who won. All I cared about was that the kids played and got better.

I can't tell you how many times I heard dads bragging about winning conference as a freshman. Then watch their teams go 3-6 or 2-7 as varsity teams.
And there it is. He finally gets to land his huge point. Problem is that, around here, we all know that about Frosh scores.

He thinks it’s a revelation to our side of town and our 9 mile radius of 4 (7?) very competitive schools. Yawn.

Reactions: dweise and eireog

I dont get this. This is a site dedicated to high school football. It only makes sense that people would discuss lower levels. If you dont have an interest in a thread, just move on.

I dont get this. This is a site dedicated to high school football. It only makes sense that people would discuss lower levels. If you dont have an interest in a thread, just move on.
Love CCL Freshman football. It’s a glimpse of the possible future of the program and some outstanding games to boot. These freshman are still in contact with the 7th/8th graders/Junior High players from their school teams or youth programs. Their freshman experience goes a very long way with getting these kids to come visit and hopefully test at the school. So yes, a Freshman CCL Championship goes a very long way....kids see those Championship shirts and hoody’s around the neighborhood, makes them want to be a part of it.

Love CCL Freshman football. It’s a glimpse of the possible future of the program and some outstanding games to boot. These freshman are still in contact with the 7th/8th graders/Junior High players from their school teams or youth programs. Their freshman experience goes a very long way with getting these kids to come visit and hopefully test at the school. So yes, a Freshman CCL Championship goes a very long way....kids see those Championship shirts and hoody’s around the neighborhood, makes them want to be a part of it.
The stable looks well stocked!!

And that was a miscalculation on my part. But you know from the SR Gaughan/Wilson/James year to the KB year that also saw Lausch at BR and AV at PC that the era of the piling up of dominant classes was over due to the explosion of social media and wanting early HUDL tape.

But for 3 years I was definitely wrong. It seems to have evened up a bit this year. In hindsight, I should’ve believed in the hoodie theory over my social-spread-out-playing-time theory 😂

And that was a miscalculation on my part. But you know from the SR Gaughan/Wilson/James year to the KB year that also saw Lausch at BR and AV at PC that the era of the piling up of dominant classes was over due to the explosion of social media and wanting early HUDL tape.

But for 3 years I was definitely wrong. It seems to have evened up a bit this year. In hindsight, I should’ve believed in the hoodie theory over my social-spread-out-playing-time theory 😂
They love the hoodies! Even in the summertime now it seems....

They love the hoodies! Even in the summertime now it seems....
Yeah, hopefully my laugh face doesn’t confuse anyone. I was laughing at myself for being wrong not laughing at the hoodie theory. Everything you said in your previous post was absolutely correct.

Reactions: McCaravan
I’d agree mc14-0 but it’s more than that for him. It’s not the first time he’s popped in a CCL Frosh thread with his passive way of calling us idiots

And there it is. He finally gets to land his huge point. Problem is that, around here, we all know that about Frosh scores.

He thinks it’s a revelation to our side of town and our 9 mile radius of 4 (7?) very competitive schools. Yawn.
Keep posting the scores, Soup!

Not sure why Quags looks down on us for this and express his superiority, but to each his own.

I'm so disappointed with the folks on this thread. Not one Freshman B score! What is this world coming to. 😞
Sorry. Still breaking down the tape. I’d post the area’s Southside Catholic Conference and River Valley Youth Football League scores of the 7th and 8th graders but this is a High School Football site and darn it, there’s just some lines I won’t cross.
Week 2
ND B 26
SP B 20
oh look at this high-achiever. Big B win Dons! That changes everything… Time to rework my 2025 algorithm

I'm so disappointed with the folks on this thread. Not one Freshman B score! What is this world coming to. 😞
Brings back memories for me regarding the "B" teams.

Began my teaching career at Waubonsie Valley as a student teacher. BJ Luke was kind to let me help out with the football program. This was the year after their great run with, I believe, seven D1 prospects and a semi-final loss to your Huskie in the mud.

In the end, I was the defensive coordinator of the Freshmen B team; we went 7-2 in the Upstate Eight. I also put together an extra-point and FG unit--unheard of at the Freshmen B level back then. Had a lefty for a kicker and went 0 - 3 in extra-point attempts. Results: wide right, block and a snap over the holder's head.

Brings back memories for me regarding the "B" teams.

Began my teaching career at Waubonsie Valley as a student teacher. BJ Luke was kind to let me help out with the football program. This was the year after their great run with, I believe, seven D1 prospects and a semi-final loss to your Huskie in the mud.

In the end, I was the defensive coordinator of the Freshmen B team; we went 7-2 in the Upstate Eight. I also put together an extra-point and FG unit--unheard of at the Freshmen B level back then. Had a lefty for a kicker and went 0 - 3 in extra-point attempts. Results: wide right, block and a snap over the holder's head.
So cool Witty... that would be 1993?? Waubonsie Valley's best team ever (1992) had all those studs you mentioned, led by QB Brock Kreitz. Waubonsie split four years later and Neuqua was born, fielding their first varsity team in 1998.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wittymoniker1
So cool Witty... that would be 1993?? Waubonsie Valley's best team ever (1992) had all those studs you mentioned, led by QB Brock Kreitz. Waubonsie split four years later and Neuqua was born, fielding their first varsity team in 1998.
I thought it was '94? Maybe I am off a year, but it was a great experience. BJ's son was a TE (Penn State bound?), and I believe he was a senior. They lost to Evanston on a two-point conversion in Round 1, I think.

Reactions: NNFAN
I thought it was '94? Maybe I am off a year, but it was a great experience. BJ's son was a TE (Penn State bound?), and I believe he was a senior. They lost to Evanston on a two-point conversion in Round 1, I think.
WV best team (12-1) was class of 1993. Class of 1995 team (9-3) lost in overtime (round 3) to Evanston. That was the 1994 season, just like you said. Sorry CCL peeps... back to freshman scores. How about a Chicago Leo frosh B score??

Reactions: Gene K.
WV best team (12-1) was class of 1993. Class of 1995 team (9-3) lost in overtime (round 3) to Evanston. That was the 1994 season, just like you said. Sorry CCL peeps... back to freshman scores. How about a Chicago Leo frosh B score?
Ok. I student taught fall of '94, which was the year after the great season with the seven D1 prospects. I'm guessing I went back to visit and went to that '95 game. Round 3, not Round 1. Thank you for clarification.

Reactions: NNFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT