ADVERTISEMENT

Carmel and Rice

Caravan TV does a great job. Their perch is too high though. Would almost like to see them broadcast from the vistor’s side. But, they would be bound by the new athletic center.

Awesome game. MC is obviously not going anywhere after their loss to Iggy. These two will probably meet in the second round of 7A if the IHSA folks have their way.

Arrington and Dowling are both great players. Every time I think that they should stick with Dowling, Arrington makes a magnificent play at QB.

Hats off to both. Lots of penalties on both sides, but a great game to watch. Really hoping they don’t meet again unless it is in DeKalb.

Fun game. Happy to escape with a W. And Arrington should be your QB. You guys were much more dangerous when he was taking snaps. Jack Lausch is a gamer!

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Quit complaining - you're winning, but it's 22 - 21 3Q 7 minutes left
That’s just me being frustrated in general with those types of calls at all levels

struggling to remember a crazier CCL game. really intense.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Anyone know what happened to Kinnard on BR on that PAT? MC announcers said it looked bad. Also, is Shaw out next game too?

It amazes me that 7 and 8a have a completely transparent seeding process and yet people still think the IHSA manipulates it against their team.
Some of the people on here wouldn’t recognize a bird if it shat on their head. Amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Amazing game. Bravo to Lausch, speechless to his performance. And to my Caravan, great job, they took a truck load of crap after last week and came out like I knew they would, played their ass off. I’m going away for the weekend with the family, I’ll chime in more on this later!

Anyone know what happened to Kinnard on BR on that PAT? MC announcers said it looked bad. Also, is Shaw out next game too?
Shaw definitely out next week. And should be longer after his antics on the game winning touchdown. Great game. Congrats

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good:

JACK LAUSCH.

Runs like a deer, and his ball placement on deep and mid-level throws has gotten better with each passing year. Putting himself in a position to be regarded as the best football player to ever play at BR. BR will be in every contest because they have #8.

The Bad:
My assessment last week on the MC quarterback position.

Dowling and Arrington performed admirably. Dowling hit the throws he missed against SI in 1 on 1 coverage last night, demonstrating that he is more than capable of leading the caravan to a deep postseason run this season and next.

The Ugly:
The defense of BR is terrible.

Eight starters return from a defense that was flying over the field last season but now appears to be lost.
Ryan Whelan and Myles Jones were significant losses, but the unit appears to be in disarray since the DC departed for Oak Forest.
This is exactly how the 2016 season went after viewing this game and Loyola.
8-1, with a shoot-out victory over MC. Allow any respectable offense to score 35-40 points and a first-round loss to Fremd.

My hopes of a deep play-off run have shifted after seeing BR's defense healthy and still looking like Matt Nagy's offense.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the second round of the playoffs if nothing changed.

Give me JCA next week.

Last edited:

The Good:

JACK LAUSCH.

Runs like a deer, and his ball placement on deep and mid-level throws has gotten better with each passing year. Putting himself in a position to be regarded as the best football player to ever play at BR. BR will be in every contest because they have #8.

The Bad:

Dowling and Arrington performed admirably. Dowling hit the throws he missed against SI in 1 on 1 coverage last night, demonstrating that he is more than capable of leading the caravan to a deep postseason run this season and next.

The Ugly:

Eight starters return from a defense that was flying over the field last season but now appears to be lost.
Ryan Whelan and Myles Jones were significant losses, but the unit appears to be in disarray since the DC departed for Oak Forest.
8-1, with a shoot-out victory over MC. Allow any respectable offense to score 35-40 points and a first-round loss to Fremd.

My expectations of a deep play-off run have shifted after seeing BR's defense healthy and still looking like Matt Nagy's offense. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the second round of the playoffs if nothing changed.

Give me JCA next week.next week against jca should be a great game!

The Good:

JACK LAUSCH.

The Bad:

The Ugly:

My hopes of a deep play-off run have shifted after seeing BR's defense healthy and still looking like Matt Nagy's offense.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost in the second round of the playoffs if nothing changed.

Give me JCA next week.
BR will have to score 50+ to win next week and I doubt they can do that against a solid JCA defense.

BR will likely be without multiple players (injuries/suspension) on an already suspect defense.

Lausch will have to carry them again like he did vs LA & MC. I wouldn’t be surprised if JCA wins by a couple scores.

Beat Marist, finish 7-2 and hopefully figure out the defense before November. There’s definitely talent there but a total mess right now. If they end up in 7A, they’ll be fine.

Reactions: Queen4

The Good:

JACK LAUSCH.

The Bad:

The Ugly:

Give me JCA next week.

Fun little fact from last night, Badke threw in Lausch at safety at the end of the game last night and he broke up MC’s last attempt at the end zone

Badke should be in the HOF. After all he logs more yards on the field than any Crusader in history 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT