ADVERTISEMENT

Caravan 35 - 3

Rock Recap:

I hope @MC63 don’t mind me just putting this here instead of a new thread since I don’t have much to recap.

Great facility. First time for me at Barda Dowling.

Very nice combined alumni event hosted by the Caravan.

Excellent adjustment to the passing game and great execution by Dowling and Co.

St. Rita will get back to work. Hopefully, they can show improvement vs Brother Rice.

Highlight of my night: meeting some edgy legends @DeanOfSelection and @MWittman Just great people and so damn intelligent. I mean I’m the best looking of the group but man those 2 know their stuff. DOS is like an encyclopedia

Good Luck the rest of way Caravan. Impressed

Scouting report on Cascia? Asking for a friend of course….😂
Their kicker is amazing.....their front 7 was good against the run. Manning broke a strong run around the end on a pitch but Dupree wasn’t able to break one. MC went to air and Dowling was outstanding tonight with 5 TDs.

MC defense was as advertised. They had 9 guys back and played amazing. They held SRs two horses in the backfield in check and I don’t know if they completed a pass...to the QBs credit it was his first varsity start in a very crowded and loud Barda Dowling. He took some hits and kept getting back up, so he’s tough, but if Collins is more mobile he might need to look.

Last edited:
Rock Recap:

I hope @MC63 don’t mind me just putting this here instead of a new thread since I don’t have much to recap.

St. Rita will get back to work. Hopefully, they can show improvement vs Brother Rice.

Highlight of my night: meeting some edgy legends @DeanOfSelection and @MWittman Just great people and so damn intelligent. I mean I’m the best looking of the group but man those 2 know their stuff. DOS is like an encyclopedia

I’d have been the fourth smartest guy in that group but by far the best looking.

Let me add to this… Caravan played lights out football.. Middleton and Stewart had a total of 10 carries combined.That is not going to cut it… Caravan had their best athletes on the field at all times… The mustangs need their best offensive weapons in on every down..

MC was so much faster in all facets - except kicking/punting (Rita better). MC vs Loyola in last regular season will be for all the marbles. Rice @ Rita will be close (Rita will be up for first home game). Rice D looked good - new O will still be rusty but should be able to pass on Rita (Rita lbs and dbs have pass coverage work to do)

Reactions: McCaravan
Scouting report on Cascia? Asking for a friend of course….😂
Rita had some success against the run. Early on, they stopped Dupree on 4th and short. Some of us cursed Lynch for the call, but credit to SR as well. Resulted in a field goal and an early lead.

Is this a down year or will Rita regroup? As long as Kuska is the coach, I wouldn't count them out. But the implicit question is this: Can Rita beat Rice next week at home? And the answer is that it should be a good game.

Dowling was brilliant, as were Furlong and Arrington, who picked up where they left off. Nolan O'Brien broke up a pass, while four or five different receivers made significant catches. Jack Elliott looked comfortable, and as Dowling said on Edgy's post-game interview, the defense played "balls out."

Last edited:
Rock Recap:

I got a laugh out of the “Catholics vs Catholics” shirts they were selling!

Let me add to this… Caravan played lights out football.. Middleton and Stewart had a total of 10 carries combined.That is not going to cut it… Caravan had their best athletes on the field at all times… The mustangs need their best offensive weapons in on every down..
MC was so much faster in all facets - except kicking/punting (Rita better). MC vs Loyola in last regular season will be for all the marbles. Rice @ Rita will be close (Rita will be up for first home game). Rice D looked good - new O will still be rusty but should be able to pass on Rita (Rita lbs and dbs have pass coverage work to do)
Their kicker is amazing.....their front 7 was good against the run. Manning broke a strong run around the end on a pitch but Dupree wasn’t able to break one. MC went to air and Dowling was outstanding tonight with 5 TDs.

MC defense was as advertised. They had 9 guys back and played amazing. They held SRs two horses in the backfield in check and I don’t know if they completed a pass...to the QBs credit it was his first varsity start in a very crowded and loud Barda Dowling. He took some hits and kept getting back up, so he’s tough, but if Collins is more mobile he might need to look.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

My interest is extremely piqued going forward. Like I said offline to a friend, I had the season going 1-2 or 0-3 to start but playing well enough to garner some hat tips and respect. Scrape out enough wins to get to the playoffs and have a shot going deep against the best tied to the playoff draw and to the extent the Mustangs improved over the year.

But, uh, I’m back to the reality of one week at a time because I’d say the BR new coach, Racki, Mertens, Henn at NND are licking their chops eventually when their week comes up.

All the points made are solid and worrisome. The good news was Coach Lynch saw after the first quarter that they'd probably eventually slug out an 11 on 11 win but said screw it, let’s just play one on one and Dowling and the WRs delivered emphatically. The good news being the front 7 is as solid as I thought.

The good news about starting out a round with a quad bogey is that you have the rest of the round to recover. We’ll see how the recovery goes, but being football, you start on the back nine and there are only 8 hazard-filled holes left to get the score you need to move on.

Heard Rita had a lot of key injuries.
not sure it would of matter with the end result but wanted to see both teams at full strength

Heard Rita had a lot of key injuries.
not sure it would of matter with the end result but wanted to see both teams at full strength
No. Not an issue last night. But I’m hearing everyone’s back week 3 but possibly next week also I heard.

Reactions: McCaravan
I know they were missing two starting linemen, think both have solid d1 offers, their te who is getting some ivy league looks and I’m not sure who that qb was, but dont remember seeing him play at the red white scrimmage. SRs dbs need to figure shit out real quick, that was an embarrassment. Most of the time yesterday their wasn’t a SR players within 5 yards of the receiver. If they can’t cover, might as well blitz them.

I know they were missing two starting linemen, think both have solid d1 offers, their te who is getting some ivy league looks and I’m not sure who that qb was, but dont remember seeing him play at the red white scrimmage. SRs dbs need to figure shit out real quick, that was an embarrassment. Most of the time yesterday their wasn’t a SR players within 5 yards of the receiver. If they can’t cover, might as well blitz them.
Maybe the next head coach should have a back round coaching or playing DB?

Rock Recap:

Highlight of my night: meeting some edgy legends @DeanOfSelection and @MWittman Just great people and so damn intelligent. I mean I’m the best looking of the group but man those 2 know their stuff. DOS is like an encyclopedia.
Rock:

Last evening was my third visit to Barda Dowling and with every return my experience is more fulfilling. Last night was no different: I'm obliged to offer the highest compliments to @RockSoup: Rock is a thoroughly respectable gentleman.

Maybe the next head coach should have a back round coaching or playing DB?
I don’t care if the head coach has db experience. But let’s have the db coach have some direct experience. Part of me hopes SR hires someone outside Rita and the new coach comes in and cleans house

Reactions: MonetaMitch
I don’t care if the head coach has db experience. But let’s have the db coach have some direct experience. Part of me hopes SR hires someone outside Rita and the new coach comes in and cleans house
I've heard that take before, doubtful. House cleaning must begin in December if it does happen. Might be a Rita person hired so it's easier to retain 30 staff members than replace them

Rock:

Last evening was my third visit to Barda Dowling and with every return my experience is more fulfilling. Last night was no different: I'm obliged to offer the highest compliments to @RockSoup: Rock is a thoroughly respectable gentleman.
I’m envious of @RockSoup . Meeting @DeanOfSelection and @MWittman is the Edgy equivalent of bumping into Lennon and McCartney!!

I’m envious of @RockSoup . Meeting @DeanOfSelection and @MWittman is the Edgy equivalent of bumping into Lennon and McCartney!!
@eireog lol. One doesn’t bump into a @MWittman or a @DeanOfSelection . In the case of Mwitt, one must call his people who then run you through a battery of vetting tests. Real weird. I had to answer the same question asked differently 4 times before setting the appointment to set an appointment to see him.

As far as DOS goes, it wasn’t as hard to meet him as it was Mwitt but you do have to fly to Vegas and contact him on the correct day of the week burner phone to get a chance of finding him.

But after all the hassle, they are a couple of damn fine Americans to spend a Friday evening with

You guys, stop it. MC is on a collision course with Batavia in 7A. Poke the bear after the deadline to request up passes.
Next week, LWE wins 24-7 or 21-3 over Batavia. The point differential could be greater than this.
The Caravan have a squad that might move up to play in 8A. If they let the kids vote, I believe the caravan faithful know the answer.

Next week, LWE wins 24-7 or 21-3 over Batavia. The point differential could be greater than this.
The Caravan have a squad that might move up to play in 8A. If they let the kids vote, I believe the caravan faithful know the answer.
Do it!! Double dog dare!!

Not sure who wins LWE-Batavia, but I would be surprised if it's by more than 7 points. Both teams are loaded. Should go down to the wire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT