Class 5A
Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 30, Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 28

Class 6A
Cary-Grove (Cary, IL) 40, Crete-Monee (Crete, IL) 27

Class 7A
Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 35, St. Charles North (St. Charles, IL) 17

Class 8A
Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 21, Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 12

Interesting, the total margin of victory is only 17 points in the first five title games. Excited to see some competitive matchups!

They nailed it with the CG/NND prediction last week. Let's hope they're right again. CM is on a roll and will be tough.

These manually input or the weekly ones? I think the database updates on Tuesday or Wednesday

Wait until CalPreps publishes their actual projections tomorrow night. Several of these projections will change.

Wait until CalPreps publishes their actual projections tomorrow night. Several of these projections will change.
Definitely. It takes a few days to gather scores from everyone, everywhere and then let everything iterate out. (and before anyone says anything about only 16 games in Illinois, they take into account all the interstate play to help weight wins and losses, so other states end up mattering)

Definitely. It takes a few days to gather scores from everyone, everywhere and then let everything iterate out. (and before anyone says anything about only 16 games in Illinois, they take into account all the interstate play to help weight wins and losses, so other states end up mattering)

I just checked 5A - 8A and no score changes...

Reactions: iamgroot
Bookie on john boat in Joliet has JCA a three point dog. Guy behind the OTB in Lombard is Montini -2

Yep. Might hang for 7A and 8A game. Contrary to what you may think, I will be rooting for Naz.
I'm now teetering in my ESCC allegiance. Some of the posts suggesting a running clock in Naz' favor are making me a bit nauseous. I've pulled for Naz four weeks in a row. I'm not sure I have the stomach for a fifth.

Reactions: Cat Box
I'm now teetering in my ESCC allegiance. Some of the posts suggesting a running clock in Naz' favor are making me a bit nauseous. I've pulled for Naz four weeks in a row. I'm not sure I have the stomach for a fifth.

@pjjp - I have to take some responsibility for the Naz running clock talk. I'm stirring the pot a bit. But I have a reason...

The recruiting Naz does is obnoxious. It makes other private schools look bad because public guys think we all do what Naz (and Montini) do. We don't.

My dream scenario is Naz clocks SCN and brings a tremendous amount of criticism to the program and its practices. I know from personal experience Naz was recruiting a kid on the west side of Aurora - willing to send a bus out to get him and what not. Kid did not end up attending Naz but he's a upper echelon D1 recruit who once played for the Naperville Patriots.

@pjjp - I have to take some responsibility for the Naz running clock talk. I'm stirring the pot a bit. But I have a reason...

The recruiting Naz does is obnoxious. It makes other private schools look bad because public guys think we all do what Naz (and Montini) do. We don't.

My dream scenario is Naz clocks SCN and brings a tremendous amount of criticism to the program and its practices. I know from personal experience Naz was recruiting a kid on the west side of Aurora - willing to send a bus out to get him and what not. Kid did not end up attending Naz but he's a upper echelon D1 recruit who once played for the Naperville Patriots.

Naz recruiting Naperville Pats kids isn't exactly new news here @Cat Box. It's also how private schools survive, including AC.

Reactions: godfthr53

Naz already runs a bus out that way for the kids with Custom Jerseys.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT