ADVERTISEMENT

Bucket List Game: Army v. Navy

Anyone ever gone? I would love to go xomeday!

I will go in the near future. My son is a class of '18 qb from Tolono Unity (3A/4A) and he will be playing for Army. Coach Monken is incredible and my son is honored for the opportunity to be a student at West Point and compete to play qb there. Pretty wild to think he could be playing in this game sometime in the next few years.

I had the honor of attending a few years ago when it was in Baltimore.

It was by far the coolest and best sporting event that I have ever attended. It's not a football game. It's so much more.

This is D1 football at it's purest. Guys that are playing for the love of the game, not because they think that the NFL is their next stop.

On a side note, is anyone watching the Showtime series:. A Season With Navy Football

This is the third time Showtime has done this. They did it with Notre Dame and Florida State in the past.

I had the honor of attending a few years ago when it was in Baltimore.

It was by far the coolest and best sporting event that I have ever attended. It's not a football game. It's so much more.

This is D1 football at it's purest. Guys that are playing for the love of the game, not because they think that the NFL is their next stop.

On a side note, is anyone watching the Showtime series:. A Season With Navy Football

This is the third time Showtime has done this. They did it with Notre Dame and Florida State in the past.
Started it a few days ago will hopefully finish it around Christmas is the goal...

What a great event. My son was at the game yesterday and said it was an awesome experience. I’m very jealous because this is very high on my bucket list.

As respects the game itself, it was a real treat watching the players battle it out and I admire their respect for the game and each other. Every school should have a rivalry like this one.

If you are looking for a good read, I highly recommend John Feinstein’s book, A Civil War. It fully embraces the Army/Navy rivalry.

Reactions: USD24 and mullin17
Outstanding game and really happy for CPS Brooks alum Qb Ahmad Bradshaw. 2 years in a row leading Army to victory over Navy and winning the Commander in Chief Trophy.

I've been to three Navy Army games. A son and grandson went the the Naval Academy and I have another family member who will be going there next year. The atmosphere at the game is electric and when they play the Star Spangled Banner and the jets fly over the stadium the hair raises on the back of my neck. I am sure I am not alone with that happening. Both teams play their hardest with few penalties and after the game the teams go to opposite sides and sing their school songs. Great traditional rivalries with future leaders of our countries military on both sides of the stadium.

DoS: You forgot they played it at Soldier Field in '26?

They shipped everyone out to the Rose Bowl a few years back. Caused a bit of a stir with the cost.

They had an Army/ Air Force game here in '63 ... I was a student at DePaul. at the time, and co-eds were being recruited as dance mates for a large ball that weekend.

The Army, Navy game is one college football game I pretty much never miss and the game Saturday was a barn burner. I would definitely love to attend one of those match ups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT