ADVERTISEMENT

Brother Rice 42 Benet 0 3Q (nm)

This is one of the weakest Benet teams I've seen in a long time. They don't have any depth. Very few athletes. Their TE is a stud and plays both ways. Don't see them winning many games this year.

Rice was missing 2 starters on the DL - Frazier and Pierce are big losses

Other than the outcome and an injury, knew it was going to be an uphill battle even with a couple of BR players out. I will say that last night was one the best environment for a high school game I’ve ever been too. First Responder night was perfect and a flyover by the CPD chopper. Until the second series last night was better than the three state championships I played in a long long time ago and far away from CCL/ESCC but still appreciated the opportunity to experience it before my son graduates

Other than the outcome and an injury, knew it was going to be an uphill battle even with a couple of BR players out. I will say that last night was one the best environment for a high school game I’ve ever been too. First Responder night was perfect and a flyover by the CPD chopper. Until the second series last night was better than the three state championships I played in a long long time ago and far away from CCL/ESCC but still appreciated the opportunity to experience it before my son graduates
I’ll remember last night’s atmosphere for years to come.

Here’s to a quick recovery for #40. Tough sledding for Benet’s offense without him in the game after that second series.

BR does a great job honoring the first responders as many of their alum have given the ultimate sacrifice for our City. Let’s remember them today!!
On the game side, why do you guys keep saying uphill battle? Seems like you were in control most of the game...I wasn’t there but Twitter scoring updates were plentiful.

Reactions: Bowie50
BR does a great job honoring the first responders as many of their alum have given the ultimate sacrifice for our city. Let’s remember them today!!
On the game side, why do you guys keep saying uphill battle? Seems like you were in control most of the game...I wasn’t there but Twitter scoring updates were plentiful.
I think the “uphill battle” reference was about Benet as his son plays for the Redwings.

BR was in total control from the kick.

I think the “uphill battle” reference was about Benet as his son plays for the Redwings.

BR was in total control from the kick.
Yes and Yes wasn’t anything different than what was expected. We just needed to survive the first four weeks to gave a chance it is not going well. Down 5 starters on offense from start of camp.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Without Pierce and Frazier up front, BR will have a difficult time defending LA next week.

Loyola will be able to run and pass at will since there will be no pressure. If BR plays with the same front four as yesterday, LA will score 28-35 points next week.

On the defensive side, I expect BR to use a variety of packages, but they will struggle.

When you have the best players in every position, everything looks great.

On offense, BR has a talent advantage, but the LA defensive staff will make up for it.

A lot of questions concerning BR today will be answered next week.

I'd say 28-17 LA with the BR team and scheme from this week.

BR 17-14 with Pierce and Frazier healthy.

This is one of the weakest Benet teams I've seen in a long time. They don't have any depth. Very few athletes. Their TE is a stud and plays both ways. Don't see them winning many games this year.
This has to be one of the worst Benet teams in at least a decade - Numbers are small, not a lot of speed or size.

Whatever momentum the Benet football program had from the back-to-back semi-final appearances a couple of years ago has been forfeited. Since then they have continued to slide backwards. Maybe the new AD can fix it, but in a school where other sports teams are competing for state championships, football is becoming more and more irrelevant.

Congrats to Brother Rice they played a very good game.

Can we buy a few more transfers to fill in the gaps, per us.? Half the starters are already mercenaries
Thank you in advance for your support!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT