ADVERTISEMENT

Brook 31 Oswego 30 2 OT FINAL

Lots and lots of flags in this game also, glad to see it wasn't only the JCA game.

Thanks for the update. I would guess it was something in the realm of targeting. Anything else would have likely been an unsportsmanlike penalty.
Just making an assumption, as I am not watching the game.

Refs and coaches on the thread, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think there’s a penalty for targeting in HS unless it changed this year
I did not know that. Even for a blatant helmet-to-helmet?

Thanks for the update. I would guess it was something in the realm of targeting. Anything else would have likely been an unsportsmanlike penalty.
Same here. I just remember being told that last year when I asked. I guess anything over the line can be called unsportsmanlike But now we just sound like two guys that didn’t see the play.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
One of the Bolingbrook players took a swing at an Oswego player earlier in the game. He missed and an official was having a conversation with him. I’m wondering if it is the same player. I can’t even read the numbers on the jerseys because the lack of pixels

Reactions: RD_Watcher
One of the Bolingbrook players took a swing at an Oswego player earlier in the game. He missed and an official was having a conversation with him. I’m wondering if it is the same player. I can’t even read the numbers on the jerseys because the lack of pixels
Yeah I saw that too. Wonder if it was the same player.

It was an OL who took the swing.

Refs and coaches on the thread, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think there’s a penalty for targeting in HS unless it changed this year
"In NFHS play, using the crown of the helmet to strike an opponent is a spearing foul (2-20-1c), while contacting any opponent by taking aim above the shoulders is a targeting foul (2-20-2). Disqualification is not a part of either penalty unless the foul is judged to be flagrant. Consequently, all players are protected from targeting and a defenseless player is primarily a point of emphasis. Officials need to recognize defenseless players and must be especially vigilant for fouls against them with consideration given to disqualification."

"In NFHS play, using the crown of the helmet to strike an opponent is a spearing foul (2-20-1c), while contacting any opponent by taking aim above the shoulders is a targeting foul (2-20-2). Disqualification is not a part of either penalty unless the foul is judged to be flagrant. Consequently, all players are protected from targeting and a defenseless player is primarily a point of emphasis. Officials need to recognize defenseless players and must be especially vigilant for fouls against them with consideration given to disqualification."
Thank you for the direct citation.

Kid in TN where I live ejected for it.Got lawyers & TSSAA reviewed it & overturned so he got to play the next game but missed 3 1/2 quarters of the game he was ejected

Brook having a very hard time moving the ball against Oswego. It's a good thing their defense is playing well.

WAS playing well, TD Oswego.

Now the Brook is moving the ball. 2:00 remaining.

2nd and 1 at the 17 yard line. 1:27 left

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT