ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: IHSA approves all 8 Classes to be seeded 1-32

You mean you stopped when you realized SHG and/or Rochester get taken out by JCA before the title game....

All.... Actually after just working the rest of the 4A qualifiers (if done correctly) SHG would not of seen the Hilltoppers till the title game. The Rockets get JCA and RB (if the seeds held throughout) would have had a round three home game with the Cyclones. Fwiw Massey and Preps showing a narrow margin of victory for SHG over RB. Ratsy

Last edited:
Agreed. And the exact same complaints will still be there, only this time all the conspiracy theorists who follow will be claiming conspiracy. They already do now so imagine if the criteria was opinion.
The top 10 will be somewhat easy. The next 22 is where things will get crazy. Unfortunately those 22 will make or break everything. It's not as easy as some think.

All.... Can't confirm but read a posters comment on another board that Sam Knox yesterday at the IHSFCA clinic said the 1-32 will be revisited by the Ihsa board in April due to rising gas prices. Ratsy

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
All.... Can't confirm but read a posters comment on another board that Sam Knox yesterday at the IHSFCA clinic said the 1-32 will be revisited by the Ihsa board in April due to rising gas prices. Ratsy
YepI was sitting in the same talk.....basically made it sound like 1-32 isn't anywhere close to being set just yet....

YepI was sitting in the same talk.....basically made it sound like 1-32 isn't anywhere close to being set just
IHSA is ridiculous...

Maybe we should cancel football all together because of the costs of helmets, Pads, team meals, jerseys, other gear, hudle and all other expenses that have gone up 10 fold in the past decade.

Makes zero sense to not do 1-32 if the only reason is gas prices.

Edgy, is there another reason that has not been reported?

Reactions: cornerrat
IHSA is ridiculous...

Maybe we should cancel football all together because of the costs of helmets, Pads, team meals, jerseys, other gear, hudle and all other expenses that have gone up 10 fold in the past decade.

Makes zero sense to not do 1-32 if the only reason is gas prices.

Edgy, is there another reason that has not been reported?
"concerns from some member schools regarding rising travel costs including gas prices"

Can someone do the math for me, I have no idea how much fuel a bus trip uses??? However, it can't be that big a difference in the "big picture".

At $3 gallon, we're good, but at $4.50 the budgets don't work? Sure, there will be the occasional game where Galena could play Metropolis (don't know if that actually possible, just the 2 farthest apart towns that popped into my head). Overwhelming majority of games won't be that extreme.

Doesn’t the ihsa pay mileage for the visiting team’s travel during the playoffs?
I thought they did

Doesn’t the ihsa pay mileage for the visiting team’s travel during the playoffs?
I thought they did

If they we’re driving 100 miles each way? Just for example. The bus gets 7 miles per gallon? Just estimate not sure. 28 gallons round trip at $3.00g vs $4.50
It would be a difference of $42.85. This just simple estimate for a comparison. School bus range between 6.5 & 10 miles per gallon. It’s not a huge difference. I view the IHSA as using this as an excuse rather that giving a real reason. IMO

If they we’re driving 100 miles each way? Just for example. The bus gets 7 miles per gallon? Just estimate not sure. 28 gallons round trip at $3.00g vs $4.50
It would be a difference of $42.85. This just simple estimate for a comparison. School bus range between 6.5 & 10 miles per gallon. It’s not a huge difference. I view the IHSA as using this as an excuse rather that giving a real reason. IMO
It’s more of predicting what the price will be in November. Most school Districts don’t own buses therefore they are at the mercy of the Bus Companies. Charters used to be $900 a day and now before the rising gas prices you were looking at $1400 a day. The price can easily reach $2000 by November. If you get 2 buses it be potentially $1000 more per day.

It’s more of predicting what the price will be in November. Most school Districts don’t own buses therefore they are at the mercy of the Bus Companies. Charters used to be $900 a day and now before the rising gas prices you were looking at $1400 a day. The price can easily reach $2000 by November. If you get 2 buses it be potentially $1000 more per day.
Other costs might be associated with the rise in cost but blaming the gas is not justified. Yes it’s an increase but it’s not solely tied to a football game travel. I gave you the math for traveling further and the numbers don’t lie. Blame it on other things but to blame it on the gas to drive to a football game isn’t the main reason it’s the easy out reason.

Right now it’s nothing more than “this needs further discussion”. Yes, budgets will need to be adjusted because the rising costs of gas is a real thing that does effect budgets. Just need to figure out the logistics of it.

I’m ok with that. I think it will be all for not and 1-32 will happen. Maybe we see playoff games cost an extra $1.

IHSA could just pony up more $$$$ to the schools that have to travel more than say, 100 miles each direction.....but don't hold your breath on that.

Most districts in the state do own their own busses, many are cutting back on the number of new busses for next year because of the increased cost to buy them..

Most districts in the state do own their own busses, many are cutting back on the number of new busses for next year because of the increased cost to buy them..
But why? Seems like a total waste of money since on average schools districts that run their own busing pay 20-25% more per pupil to get them to and from school.

I was talking owning charter buses which is what most use for post season play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT