ADVERTISEMENT

BR v. Minooka - Football Only

mchsalumni

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2008
Save the smack talk for your frienemies from the local Catholic schools BR fans.

What is the compelling facet to this game? Young QB vs. a stout Minooka D?

This is a cool matchup in that I think we know so little about Minolta. They play in relative obscurity but I can tell you when you add the name Belskis to the mix it gets my attention.

I would expect this game to close, hard fought and very physical.

This is a cool matchup in that I think we know so little about Minolta. They play in relative obscurity but I can tell you when you add the name Belskis to the mix it gets my attention.

I would expect this game to close, hard fought and very physical.

The Belskis Factor is a big part IMO. He’s got body bags loaded with CCL dreams from the past 20+ years. His teams have always been physical on D.

Reactions: vfl05
I know very little about BR, other than Warren, however, you can get to the edge, specifically the right side on Minooka's D.

I am watching the BR - SE game right now. I just don't see Rice threatening Minooka.
Rice fan here. Watching the first half of Minooka’s 10/25 game against Oswego against Rice’s last week’s game against South Elgin and it appears Rice will have their hands full and will have to play by far their best game of the year to have a chance. I have much more confidence in Belskis too as a coach and game planner. Calpreps has Minooka as a 2 point favorite on a neutral field but it’s been wrong before.

Rice fan here. Watching the first half of Minooka’s 10/25 game against Oswego against Rice’s last week’s game against South Elgin and it appears Rice will have their hands full and will have to play by far their best game of the year to have a chance. I have much more confidence in Belskis too as a coach and game planner. Calpreps has Minooka as a 2 point favorite on a neutral field but it’s been wrong before.

In all fairness, you can't tell what a team is from one half of football. 'To have a chance' makes it sound like they're practically unbeatable. Yes, BR will have to play well to win but it's not as if they don't belong on the same field as the Indians...

BR is ready. Team is coming together at the right time.

17-10 BR

I’m really eager to see the Lausch kid from Rice. By all accounts, it’s sounds like he really has a chance to be something special. Will be interesting to see how he reacts on a stage this big.

In all fairness, you can't tell what a team is from one half of football. 'To have a chance' makes it sound like they're practically unbeatable. Yes, BR will have to play well to win but it's not as if they don't belong on the same field as the Indians...

BR is ready. Team is coming together at the right time.

17-10 BR
Agree they’ve come together and it really showed after the safety last week. Let’s hope you’re right on the outcome.

I’m really eager to see the Lausch kid from Rice. By all accounts, it’s sounds like he really has a chance to be something special. Will be interesting to see how he reacts on a stage this big.

Lausch is a really nice player and will only get better with the more snaps he gets. I would not worry about how he reacts on the big stage. As a frosh, he pitched in the playoffs on the varsity and excelled. If he struggles, it wont be due to his nerves.

I'm watching the same Oswego game and Minooka looks very good against a quality opponent. I would say that Jefferson, Jones, and Warren are all on a different level than the DL and LBs I'm watching for Oswego.

We'll be a great matchup.

*receiver for oswego is a stud

Reactions: missingwalter
I'm watching the same Oswego game and Minooka looks very good against a quality opponent. I would say that Jefferson, Jones, and Warren are all on a different level than the DL and LBs I'm watching for Oswego.

We'll be a great matchup.

*receiver for oswego is a stud
I'll agree you on Oswego's LB'ers, but that Defensive line is legit. I'll be surprised if both DE's aren't playing D1, one of the DT's already will be and the other was 300lbs and probably played his best game of the season against Bolingbrook's 75.

I'll agree you on Oswego's LB'ers, but that Defensive line is legit. I'll be surprised if both DE's aren't playing D1, one of the DT's already will be and the other was 300lbs and probably played his best game of the season against Bolingbrook's 75.

I guess Minooka Oline are all going D1 then cause they’re whooping this Oswego Dline.

Glad the big guy turned it around against Bolingbrook.

Giving up 30+ points in a playoff game is hard for me to rate a Dline as legit. Put on some Warren film. Then you’ll see why they’re the pick out of this bracket. Front seven is nasty.

Rice from last year was the same way. Rarely gave up more than 10 points. In my eyes that’s legit.

Reactions: Gene K.
14 of those points came in OT and given the ball at the 10 yard line. Linebackers were an issue for Oswego in the Minooka game. They played much better in the Brook game.

And 3 of those points were off a fumble in which OHS stopped Brook from driving it any further.

As for Warren, nobody was comparing Oswego to Warren or even BR. Just saying the Dline was legit.

14 of those points came in OT and given the ball at the 10 yard line. Linebackers were an issue for Oswego in the Minooka game. They played much better in the Brook game.

And 3 of those points were off a fumble in which OHS stopped Brook from driving it any further.

As for Warren, nobody was comparing Oswego to Warren or even BR. Just saying the Dline was legit.

This receiver for Oswego going anywhere?

The last time Belskis faced Rice it was a blood bath. Rice had those two running backs, same last name, not brothers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT