ADVERTISEMENT

Br Rice got Feetoed

- Crete was considerably faster. Just something that really stood out to me. Didn't say that many times, if at all, over last 5 years for BR.

- Crete converted on multiple 4th downs during their scoring possessions.

- Crete did a fine job of controlling the game with the lead - grinding out first downs on the ground. 2 solid running backs. QB has a big arm and made some quality throws on 3rd and long.

- BR does not have the playmakers on offense it's had over last 5 years. Right now, a relatively predictable offense.

- BR has a small margin for error vs quality opponents - as most average teams do. A couple plays in both week 1 and 2 simply cannot happen vs good teams.

- I counted 16 juniors/1 soph that played offense/defense for BR last night. That does not include 2 junior "starters" that are out for season with knee injuries from fall camp/Marist game. As a poster mentioned on a previous thread - there will be growing pains. The JR QB showed some flashes last night with his mobility/physical running in spread option game. Need some other skill players on O to separate themselves now - they rotate a ton of players in and out in those groups. A junior receiver did have a 70 yard TD catch and showed some nice speed breaking away from secondary.

- I think Marist goes 9-0 and Crete goes 8-1. It would have been nice to get a W in one of these games on the road but I guess not all that surprising as these are two quality teams with some very talented seniors - and BR just not enough right now to beat a better team.

- The hope is to get "healthy" against Aurora Christian in first home game - although it appears they are much improved from last year and have a stud QB - and then have a critical game against Montini which basically will have any hopes of 5 wins on the line.

Congrats on your "upset" pick.

Last edited:
Considering how Crete got rolled last week against LWE (27-7), how good are the Griffins of LWE? Pretty scary. :eek: Class 8a loaded again with MS, LWE, Loyola, HF, Naper Central, etc.

- Crete was considerably faster. Just something that really stood out to me. Didn't say that many times, if at all, over last 5 years for BR.

- Crete converted on multiple 4th downs during their scoring possessions.

- Crete did a fine job of controlling the game with the lead - grinding out first downs on the ground. 2 solid running backs. QB has a big arm and made some quality throws on 3rd and long.

- BR does not have the playmakers on offense it's had over last 5 years. Right now, a relatively predictable offense.

- BR has a small margin for error vs quality opponents - as most average teams do. A couple plays in both week 1 and 2 simply cannot happen vs good teams.

- I counted 16 juniors/1 soph that played offense/defense for BR last night. That does not include 2 junior "starters" that are out for season with knee injuries from fall camp/Marist game. As a poster mentioned on a previous thread - there will be growing pains. The JR QB showed some flashes last night with his mobility/physical running in spread option game. Need some other skill players on O to separate themselves now - they rotate a ton of players in and out in those groups. A junior receiver did have a 70 yard TD catch and showed some nice speed breaking away from secondary.

- I think Marist goes 9-0 and Crete goes 8-1. It would have been nice to get a W in one of these games on the road but I guess not all that surprising as these are two quality teams with some very talented seniors - and BR just not enough right now to beat a better team.

- The hope is to get "healthy" against Aurora Christian in first home game - although it appears they are much improved from last year and have a stud QB - and then have a critical game against Montini which basically will have any hopes of 5 wins on the line.

Congrats on your "upset" pick.
Great recap. Thanks.

Wasn't able to make the game but after watching Marist game I didn't think Rice would beat Crete. Don't have the athletes as we did the past couple years. Still have to figure out defense as well as the playoffs...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT