ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Games

Illgold22

Sep 5, 2005
So I said it before, but maybe start a new convo now. If there’s not going to be IHSA playoffs(not saying there won’t be, just going off rumors of none), then why not mirror college football and play single bowl games? Try and create a certain number of sponsored bowl games and let the bowls select who they want. Could be a lot of fun seeing Rochester vs Glenbard West, LWE vs East St. Louis, Naz vs Edwardsville, Mt Carmel vs Warren. Fills the void of not playing for a championship and not having to play 5 extra weeks?? Thoughts? Dream match-ups?

but personally the Pepsi Joliet Bowl of LWE vs East side would be great!!!

So I said it before, but maybe start a new convo now. If there’s not going to be IHSA playoffs(not saying there won’t be, just going off rumors of none), then why not mirror college football and play single bowl games? Try and create a certain number of sponsored bowl games and let the bowls select who they want. Could be a lot of fun seeing Rochester vs Glenbard West, LWE vs East St. Louis, Naz vs Edwardsville, Mt Carmel vs Warren. Fills the void of not playing for a championship and not having to play 5 extra weeks?? Thoughts? Dream match-ups?

Suggested this a while back...and I happily volunteer to be on the Bowl Selection committee

Suggested this a while back...and I happily volunteer to be on the Bowl Selection committee

get it done! This really is not even hard to get done. 1 extra game, big time selections, enrollment means nothing. I’ll give some other good ones

HF vs Chi Phillips
Marist vs Minooka
Bro Rice vs Naperville C.
Huntley vs Brook
Providence vs LIncoln Way West

so many options! And your right. Get guys like you, Soucie, Mike O, maybe some old retired coaches.
Gosh I should run IHSA football. Jk!

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
get it done! This really is not even hard to get done. 1 extra game, big time selections, enrollment means nothing. I’ll give some other good ones

HF vs Chi Phillips
Marist vs Minooka
Huntley vs Brook

so many options! And your right. Get guys like you, Soucie, Mike O, maybe some old retired coaches.
Prov c’s. LWW??? You mean LWE?

HF vs Chi Phillips
Marist vs Minooka
Huntley vs Brook

How about Huntley vs Huntley?

Sure after everyone transfers out.
I thought Naz would just reload, they have a good coach and program.. Why would Oswego want to play them if everyone transferred out?

Actually my son has been on the losing side twice and wanted another chance, that's all. I liked his suggestion, you wanna get after the folks in front of you..

I thought Naz would just reload, they have a good coach and program.. Why would Oswego want to play them if everyone transferred out?

Actually my son has been on the losing side twice and wanted another chance, that's all. I liked his suggestion, you wanna get after the folks in front of you..
I wanted to play them prior to them transferring out, however, the former OHS players still there would make it a fun game.

Last edited:
All.... The "Leonard Bowl!" Especially if SHG doesn't get an opportunity to play Rochester due to district scheduling. With what the Cyclones are going to put on the field this year it will sting if these two schools don't meet up. Ratsy

Actually, I'd love to see an Oswego/Batavia or Kaneland game.

At least two others, One (DL) is transferring and graduating early and another kid left right away to Iowa - C/LS

I like all your picks. These games would all be interesting and exciting to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT