ADVERTISEMENT

Bigger upset if they lose 6a ESL or 4a JCA?

I get it yes I see other teams talking about their teams and I shake my head. I posted a thread way back at the beginning of the season that said this year their is more parity than any year I can remember. No team is that good that they can’t be beat. Yes their are front runners like ESL, Loyola, JCA that I feel have the best chance to win state IMO but even these teams are beatable. I was only responding to the original post that said.

“Esl nobody n the state will come close beating the flyers”

IMO I think all the teams I mentioned would give them a game maybe not win? But definitely give them a game.

If the poster meant in 6A he should of said that and not nobody in the state. 6A I agree 100%.
I get it yes I see other teams talking about their teams and I shake my head. I posted a thread way back at the beginning of the season that said this year their is more parity than any year I can remember. No team is that good that they can’t be beat. Yes their are front runners like ESL, Loyola, JCA that I feel have the best chance to win state IMO but even these teams are beatable. I was only responding to the original post that said.

“Esl nobody n the state will come close beating the flyers”

IMO I think all the teams I mentioned would give them a game maybe not win? But definitely give them a game.

If the poster meant in 6A he should of said that and not nobody in the state. 6A I agree 100%.
I’d venture to say ESL would lose at least two games in the Blue. Why! The arrogance to think you don’t need to develope a kicker would haunt you in close games. I’d also note scheduling teams that you have no business on the field with teaches those kids nada. Hence, there is no nobility in Leo scheduling the equivalent of Loyola. We may applaud this, but in the end there is no Sparta moment. Well, I digress… Leo did have a Sparta moment! Lol

Anyway, I use the CBC game as an accurate depiction of ESL’s skill set. And, before you people start your insults, or feeble key board attacks. Just remember I invited y’all to my tail gate; I’m so happy you didn’t come. : )

I’d venture to say ESL would lose at least two games in the Blue. Why! The arrogance to think you don’t need to develope a kicker would haunt you in close games. I’d also note scheduling teams that you have no business on the field with teaches those kids nada. Hence, there is no nobility in Leo scheduling the equivalent of Loyola. We may applaud this, but in the end there is no Sparta moment. Well, I digress… Leo did have a Sparta moment! Lol

Anyway, I use the CBC game as an accurate depiction of ESL’s skill set. And, before you people start your insults, or feeble key board attacks. Just remember I invited y’all to my tail gate; I’m so happy you didn’t come. : )
1. You’re entitled to your opinion.
2. You’re a confirmed dumb ass

1+2 = A dumbass opinion

You’re the reason cops get a bad rap.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyerforlife
I’m confused……… I actually had agreed with your post. Games are played on the field. Why are you attacking me?? Your comprehension could use a tune up. Apparently, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Chill Bro😎 …… lol
We can go back and forth. You said after my negative comment? All I was stating is they are not unbeatable. In any case I will continue to root for ESL, but the ESL fans sometimes make it difficult.

Reactions: playboymixx

1+2 = A dumbass opinion

1+2 = A dumbass opinion

Why the personal attacks? Just because you don’t like what he says.

I will say JCA! Carey Grove with the offense the run can control the clock on ESL! Defensively they can scheme to help keep tbem in the game. CG can have ESL TACKLING/chasing ghosts. The CG staff from what I know about them is very good. That’s a BIG factor.

All the potential state games that’s the finals I hope see. Again, keep in mind both teams need to get there.

sometines the best team doesn’t always win State. You have to play solid for 5 consecutive weeks… solid play, focus, and sometimes a little luck is all part of the winning formula…. I hope CH & ESLhave t both

Reactions: sivada2001

Let’s not get it confused, I personally don’t like that poster. He’s a POS. If you care to identify with him, you can be extended the same consideration.

1+2 = A dumbass opinion

Lol… so who should I blame the teachers union or you for …. Nevermind! You get my point!

1+2 = A dumbass opinion

Lol…. So should I blame you or the teachers union for those test scores. Nevermind! Only thing you’ve confirmed is that you can’t have me canceled : )

Lol… so who should I blame the teachers union or you for …. Nevermind! You get my point!

Lol…. So should I blame you or the teachers union for those test scores. Nevermind! Only thing you’ve confirmed is that you can’t have me canceled : )

I addressed YOU! My statements have no reflection on Mt. Carmel vs. ESL. This is about a grown man hiding behind a badge taunting kids in their locker room after a tough loss; and my disdain for him and any other person possessing those same characteristics.

I am a fine and very successful product of the ESL school system and I guarantee that you would not want to challenge me in any matter of intelligence.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyerforlife
Such a bad look for CPD to display - the “can’t cancel” comment is more than a toe over the line when you represent an honorable badge.
I’m a sports fan… and, my point is you can’t have someone canceled from the board that doesn’t support the narrative that ESL is the best in the state.

Hes an idiot because he chose to criticize esl without knowing much about them at all. Remember he said it was the esl admin that prevented them from petitioning up and sunkett was on the hot seat.

Esl hasnt had a kicker since they started playing football and it hasn't prevented them from being the winningest program in il. By most polls they are #1 in state regardless of class, so to predict they would lose 2 games in conf is idiotic, and uninformed, but also consistent with some of his other takes

I will say JCA! Carey Grove with the offense the run can control the clock on ESL! Defensively they can scheme to help keep tbem in the game. CG can have ESL TACKLING/chasing ghosts. The CG staff from what I know about them is very good. That’s a BIG factor.

All the potential state games that’s the finals I hope see. Again, keep in mind both teams need to get there.

sometines the best team doesn’t always win State. You have to play solid for 5 consecutive weeks… solid play, focus, and sometimes a little luck is all part of the winning formula…. I hope CH & ESLhave t both
Being a CG homer I like the considerations but it’s long road to the finals and many good teams to get through. No, I’m not sandbagging and I’m not ready to talk about a 6A final yet. Back to the original post, I have to go with ESL being a bigger upset purely on their talent level and nobody being able to shut down their offense.

Let’s not get it confused, I personally don’t like that poster. He’s a POS. If you care to identify with him, you can be extended the same consideration.
I don’t know him at all. I just don’t agree with the personal attacks no matter who they are. In my mind I have to be the bigger person and you got to be the bigger person.

I don’t know him at all. I just don’t agree with the personal attacks no matter who they are. In my mind I have to be the bigger person and you got to be the bigger person.

I usually share the same sentiment, but there are also times when an eye for an eye is appropriate. His bad character is what wars have been fought over.

I addressed YOU! My statements have no reflection on Mt. Carmel vs. ESL. This is about a grown man hiding behind a badge taunting kids in their locker room after a tough loss; and my disdain for him and any other person possessing those same characteristics.

I am a fine and very successful product of the ESL school system and I guarantee that you would not want to challenge me in any matter of intelligence.
More fake news…. Wow! You going back three years ago? Ok, before those buses headed north on 55 I predicted an L. And, trying to use a forum to deamonize a profession regardless of the context or topic is spineless. Boy!

More fake news…. Wow! You going back three years ago? Ok, before those buses headed north on 55 I predicted an L. And, trying to use a forum to deamonize a profession regardless of the context or topic is spineless. Boy!

So, you do in fact account for the incident?

Precisely. You are exactly what you’ve proven yourself to be.

Dude chill. Why the personal attacks? You have your opinion and he has his why can’t you let it go?

Sadly you don't understand 😕 you demonized your profession. And you still can't spell

Last edited:
Sadly you don't understand 😕 you demonize your profession. And you still can't spell
Lol… I was waiting on my son! Nah, you don’t get to my level without credentials. How about this! You don’t get to hoist the trophy you already claim you’ve won until every spells STATE CHAMPION!

Hes an idiot because he chose to criticize esl without knowing much about them at all. Remember he said it was the esl admin that prevented them from petitioning up and sunkett was on the hot seat.

Esl hasnt had a kicker since they started playing football and it hasn't prevented them from being the winningest program in il. By most polls they are #1 in state regardless of class, so to predict they would lose 2 games in conf is idiotic, and uninformed, but also consistent with some of his other takes
Uh just saying. Not that I care for this argument or who wins but you just said ESL is the winningest program in the state. Have you heard of JCA? That statement may be (may be) a bit of a more passionate statement about your team than one based in facts. Just maybe ? ESL has how many titles?

Reactions: rjjtwest
Uh just saying. Not that I care for this argument or who wins but you just said ESL is the winningest program in the state. Have you heard of JCA? That statement may be (may be) a bit of a more passionate statement about your team than one based in facts. Just maybe ? ESL has how many titles?
JCA most titles and ESL most wins

Reactions: jha618
Its not a passionate statement and based 100% in facts. Esl is the winningest program, as in most wins.

Also I am not sure lately but back 10 or so years ago when I was always on the board, ESL would always be the best team in the state until they played somebody. I think that happened pretty often if I remember correctly.
BY THE WAY, MY POSTS HAVE NO BEARING ON IF ESL IS #1 IN STATE THIS YEAR BECAUSE THEY WOULD GET MY MONEY IN A POOL.

Oh and ps... You really do need a kicker in HS football now. Ask Montini fans from 2018 and a missed extra point. Provi had a kicker a while back that went to Florida. That dude single handidly killed JCA. Every kickoff was endzone, every punt was a fricking mile high and would die on the 2 it seemed like and he could hit 40 yd field goals more often than miss. A great kicker could (could) help a team beat ESL by making them play a long field every time. I guess imagine a Provi kicker with the Warren defense.

I say once again tho, like this years JCA team, it maybe the ESL best ever. Just sit back and enjoy it. Why fight it out on a board where other peoples opinions are also respected and are just as right as yours until they are or are not. We will know by Thanksgiving weekend eh! Until then I am just watching my JCA team and thinking they are the most talented ( but it actually be the fewest weaknesses) than I remember and I saw the 1975 4 year crowning where one year in the 2nd highest class they did not give up a single playoff point. And I will think that until they are or are not. Sit back and relax man. ESL can't beat anybody on the board. Just the field and everyone's opinion seems to be in good faith. I don't see any trolls. And if you are picking fights with people who are not trolling you just to be asses, then you need to make sure you are not the troll.

pss... If you still believe ESL is the best team ever in the state, that's ok but please don't come back with wins and losses. Your conference is so weak it is meaningless. If they have the most playoff victories, I will bow my head to you and apologize. But if you go back to 1974 when playoffs started, you may find ESL behind many teams.

Also I am not sure lately but back 10 or so years ago when I was always on the board, ESL would always be the best team in the state until they played somebody. I think that happened pretty often if I remember correctly.
BY THE WAY, MY POSTS HAVE NO BEARING ON IF ESL IS #1 IN STATE THIS YEAR BECAUSE THEY WOULD GET MY MONEY IN A POOL.

Oh and ps... You really do need a kicker in HS football now. Ask Montini fans from 2018 and a missed extra point. Provi had a kicker a while back that went to Florida. That dude single handidly killed JCA. Every kickoff was endzone, every punt was a fricking mile high and would die on the 2 it seemed like and he could hit 40 yd field goals more often than miss. A great kicker could (could) help a team beat ESL by making them play a long field every time. I guess imagine a Provi kicker with the Warren defense.

I say once again tho, like this years JCA team, it maybe the ESL best ever. Just sit back and enjoy it. Why fight it out on a board where other peoples opinions are also respected and are just as right as yours until they are or are not. We will know by Thanksgiving weekend eh! Until then I am just watching my JCA team and thinking they are the most talented ( but it actually be the fewest weaknesses) than I remember and I saw the 1975 4 year crowning where one year in the 2nd highest class they did not give up a single playoff point. And I will think that until they are or are not. Sit back and relax man. ESL can't beat anybody on the board. Just the field and everyone's opinion seems to be in good faith. I don't see any trolls. And if you are picking fights with people who are not trolling you just to be asses, then you need to make sure you are not the troll.

pss... If you still believe ESL is the best team ever in the state, that's ok but please don't come back with wins and losses. Your conference is so weak it is meaningless. If they have the most playoff victories, I will bow my head to you and apologize. But if you go back to 1974 when playoffs started, you may find ESL behind many teams.
ESL is the winningest program in the state.

Its not a passionate statement and based 100% in facts. Esl is the winningest program, as in most wins.
Ok lets get real now.That was not sarcastic) How many playoff games have they won since 74 and then check 5 others for me. Again don't count conference records in that conference. Check JCA, Mount Carmel, Driscoll, Provi, and then add gosh I don't know another. Someone help me out.
If you have to check total wins then just check JCA who played in the Illini 8 which had JT central, West, and an East. St joes in the ESCC and Marist which believe it or not was one of our sub players game. You will see you are wrong with just JCA. And I would bet a grand that Mt Carmel and Provi also. I get the feeling you may be younger then lets say forty. There is a lot of history you are claiming you can speak of. Ask Bones or dean, there was a time when Deerfield, Carmel Mund., Marion Catholic and lets add Discoll. If they were in your bracket you probably were not winning State.

ESL is the winningest program in the state.
Penlight. You are adding conference records I am sure. There are no teams down there. Are you sure because I trust you. Are they the most wins in playoffs? How many Championships have they won. Maybe I am wrong and too focused on Chicagoland area. But I remember always saying they were #1 and they always fell apart against a well disciplined team. Am I wrong?

Penlight. You are adding conference records I am sure. There are no teams down there. Are you sure because I trust you. Are they the most wins in playoffs? How many Championships have they won. Maybe I am wrong and too focused on Chicagoland area. But I remember always saying they were #1 and they always fell apart against a well disciplined team. Am I wrong?
I mean can you imagine Mount Carmel playing that conference every year? They would be 9 and 0 for 95% of the years.

Some of the Flyer's "winningest record in IL" is due to being one of the oldest programs in the state and some, as you mentioned, is due to a weak conference, but the Flyers have had plenty of success in the playoffs including several state championships. The Flyers have also always done a good job of scheduling tough non-conference opponents. So however one might feel about the "winningest record in IL," when it all comes down to it, the Flyer program is and has been one of the best in the state, right up there with JCA, Mt Carmel and anyone else.

Last edited:
I mean can you imagine Mount Carmel playing that conference every year? They would be 9 and 0 for 95% of the years.
Thats neither here nor there. I dont count the wins. If you have an issue with it, maybe right a letter to the ihsa requesting they dock esl some wins because you said so. You had an issue with the statement initially because you said it wasnt a statement of fact. When you were proven wrong, you changed course and added a bunch of subjective opinions.

Esl is the winningest program in the state according to the same people who say jca has the most state titles. Neither of those facts are debatable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT