ADVERTISEMENT

Big 2018 Pre Season Prep Bowl News

would be nice if MC SR could open vs each other
Would be nice if MC did not slither out of the Blue due to the failure to perform in a competent manner on the football field. How about sticking around in the Blue instead of begging for scraps like a non-conference game against a rival.

PC - Lockport @1pm
MC - Naz @4pm
LA - Phillips @7pm

Would anyone on the board not be up for a Friday that looked like this?

I would. The following week, rumor has it that LA and Bishop Amat are trying to coordinate playing in Italy rather than in Los Angeles. LA or Rome - either would be unreal for the kids and their families.

Not sure how the Soldier Field stuff works, but I have heard that De La Salle declined a matchup with Nazareth in place of us (Fenwick).

I’m not an AD but I’m pretty disappointed. Yes Nazareth is a solid program and yes they’re young but we aren’t talking about IMG here, maybe it’s a tough game but it’s winnable. Just the experience of playing at SF alone warrants it. I’m sure Fenwick-Raby at Triton will have a similar atmosphere...

Last edited:
I would. The following week, rumor has it that LA and Bishop Amat are trying to coordinate playing in Italy rather than in Los Angeles. LA or Rome - either would be unreal for the kids and their families.
That truly would be an amazing experience for the families at Loyola. Hopefully they can make it happen.

Not sure how the Soldier Field stuff works, but I have heard that De La Salle declined a matchup with Nazareth in place of us (Fenwick).

I’m not an AD but I’m pretty disappointed. Yes Nazareth is a solid program and yes they’re young but we aren’t talking about IMG here, maybe it’s a tough game but it’s winnable. Just the experience of playing at SF alone warrants it. I’m sure Fenwick-Raby at Triton will have a similar atmosphere...

You've been right on about this. As a SR fan, SR has had to play MC and BR each year and SL the last couple years. BR plays Marist frequently. All those schools are in each others' back yards. What neighborhood rivalries do is bring interest to BOTH programs. Trust me, other than the youngest brother, no 5th to 8th grader remembers the score, they remember the atmosphere.
Real life examples are MC owned SR in the 90s but in the 2000s, SR didn't shut its football program down, they got better and each MC/SR game was a classic during that time with SR winning half? of them. BR didn't lose any recruits by losing to Marist this year, they probably gained interest because kids want to play in that type of environment .

Win or lose, these natural rivalries enhance programs. So turning it down is probably more about scheduling an automatic W and that's a shame

Reactions: ESCC fan and TPF523
You've been right on about this. As a SR fan, SR has had to play MC and BR each year and SL the last couple years. BR plays Marist frequently. All those schools are in each others' back yards. What neighborhood rivalries do is bring interest to BOTH programs. Trust me, other than the youngest brother, no 5th to 8th grader remembers the score, they remember the atmosphere.
Real life examples are MC owned SR in the 90s but in the 2000s, SR didn't shut its football program down, they got better and each MC/SR game was a classic during that time with SR winning half? of them. BR didn't lose any recruits by losing to Marist this year, they probably gained interest because kids want to play in that type of environment .

Win or lose, these natural rivalries enhance programs. So turning it down is probably more about scheduling an automatic W and that's a shame
Excellent post, you’re 100% correct too.

That’s awesome!

Excellent post, you’re 100% correct too.

I remember last year when posters' here acted like there was seismic shift when SL beat SR on a tipped pass last year and SL's frosh beat SR's frosh 6-0. But what really happened this year was double digit wins by the SR frosh and Sophs. SL is better but that's because coach Blackmon is an excellent coach who knows how to run a program. Both varsity games (at SR last year, at SL this year) have been very cool events. Rivalries are better when your rivals are good. It don't help with the antacid intake but darn it, life is meant to be lived!

Reactions: TPF523
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT