ADVERTISEMENT

Best uniforms in Illinois? - for fun

Brett.Williams

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2022
There is no meaning to this, I just like talking about uniforms.

Last edited:
I love MC’s classic helmet. I love their throwbacks and happy they brought them back, it’s great to see the yellow pants back out there, but I agree they should be for homecoming and special games against long rivals only. I love the Brown Jersey and White pants. I don’t like the Brown on Brown look at all. I don’t like any same color pants and jersey on any team...SRs red on red, BRs Maroon on Maroon, no thanks.

Love the look Palatine got back to this season. Warren has some cool combos, and so does SR. LZ has a pretty clean look. Those Kenwood unis with the Ole Miss vibe are pretty sweet. I also liked the Baylor like design EG went with this season

I love MC’s classic helmet. I love their throwbacks and happy they brought them back, it’s great to see the yellow pants back out there, but I agree they should be for homecoming and special games against long rivals only. I love the Brown Jersey and White pants. I don’t like the Brown on Brown look at all. I don’t like any same color pants and jersey on any team...SRs red on red, BRs Maroon on Maroon, no thanks.
Of course...

Reactions: big daddy looch
@USD24 who approved the brief change to the black (or appeared to be black) helmets with the JC Hilltoppers written on it in the early 90’s?
The Franciscan Nuns. They wanted nothing to do with the victory light! I was actually reprimanded for wearing a JCHS jacket with a victory light on it while on the sidelines.

I am trying to convince Montini to go with a all black uniform with gold numbers. Their gold is more like a yellow color.

After the last 3 years they need some kind of a change.

JCA's helmet when they wear the road white on white is tough to beat.
DSC_0829-scaled.jpg

I hate the "gold" pants. I think the school got them on sale many years ago and wanted to save a buck. Unfortunately, this gold nonsense spread to tee-shirts, caps and other items. It got to the point where many people thought gold was one of our colors. (Our cheerleaders used to shout, "our colors, brown, white and gold.") An MC official appeared on an interview at the LA game wearing a dark brown cap with a gold MC logo. That hat should be burned. Brown and white have been our colors for 122 years. I hate to see anyone monkeying with them in an effort to be cute.

BTW, I agree with you on all one-color outfits -- except for white tops and pants. Our all white road outfits are beautiful. I can'st say the same for all-brown home outfits.

The worst all dark color uniforms are worn at home by Northwestern. It makes them look even slower and more plodding than they actually are.

I am down on any jersey color combo with low contrast between the colors of the numerals and the top. And the narrow light-colored outline of the the numerals just does not work. Of course, who really needs jersey numbers given the difficulty of easily accessing accurate and updated rosters, particularly those showing all of name, position, height/weight and year in school.

Reactions: RockSoup and USD24
I am an admitted homer and proud member of the posse so of course I have a special spot for those "Family" jerseys.

My non homer answer would be the JCA all Whites with the brown helmet. Mostly because that's what they wore when freshman Tuccs was standing on the ticket table watching them beat RB. Which leads me to my bonus answer of the most hated uniforms which would be RB from the same era....if you're sensing a theme or grudge....you're right!

Reactions: RockSoup
SR grad here and I hate all the combos. It’s an absurd waste of money. Go with a classic white helmet (no helmet stickers except for one SR decal on each side) and a pair of white pants and a pair of red pants. You can have 3 jersey options (red, blue, and white).

Prob my age (45), but I like MC’s yellow pants. MC grads tell me that is not an official school color though

• Wow
Reactions: RockSoup and USD24
SR grad here and I hate all the combos. It’s an absurd waste of money. Go with a classic white helmet (no helmet stickers except for one SR decal on each side) and a pair of white pants and a pair of red pants. You can have 3 jersey options (red, blue, and white).

Prob my age (45), but I like MC’s yellow pants. MC grads tell me that is not an official school color though

@USD24 who approved the brief change to the black (or appeared to be black) helmets with the JC Hilltoppers written on it in the early 90’s?
I remember even the last years of JCHS with the Victory Light had the black helmets. Those helmets were painted dark brown for a while and then we eventually just left them black. It wasn’t until Coach Sharp’s return did the brown helmets return.

I remember even the last years of JCHS with the Victory Light had the black helmets. Those helmets were painted dark brown for a while and then we eventually just left them black. It wasn’t until Coach Sharp’s return did the brown helmets return.
The Blue stripe in the uniforms definitely clashed with the Brown!

Reactions: JAYC14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT