ADVERTISEMENT

Best Top...of the conference

Mateesen14

Nov 14, 2003
halfway through this season I have a question.
For the last 2 decades it's been Blue vs DVC as top conference; which is legit because you have an absolute battle week in and week out.
Even if a Rice team, for example, went 0-4 in conference, they would probably go 4-1 or 3-2 in most other conferences.
My question is...Which conference has the best top 3? Almost want to exclude SW since they have 13 teams, but a lot of options out there...thoughts?

Last edited:
halfway through this season I have a question.
For the last 2 decades it's been Blue vs DVC as top conference; which is legit because you have an absolute battle week in and week out.
Even if a Rice team, for example, went 0-4 in conference, they would probably go 4-1 or 3-2 in most other conferences.
My question is...Which conference has the best top 3? Almost want to exclude SW since they have 13 teams, but a lot of options out there...thoughts?

It's funny because it was in the context of ripping on them in another thread as a " hot mess" but given the nature of your question as the "Top 3" the West Suburban Silver is at least in the discussion at at this point with Glenbard West, Lyons Township and Hinsdale Central, correct?

Reactions: Cross Bones
North Suburban: Stevenson, lake Zurich Warren
MSL West: Barrington, Hoffman Estates, Palatine
MSL East: Buffalo Grove, Hersey, Rolling Meadows
Fox Valley: Prairie Ridge, Huntley, Cary-Grove

North Suburban: Stevenson, lake Zurich Warren
MSL West: Barrington, Hoffman Estates, Palatine
MSL East: Buffalo Grove, Hersey, Rolling Meadows
Fox Valley: Prairie Ridge, Huntley, Cary-Grove

So they're all just in the North/Northwest Suburbs of Chicago?

Hard to beat LWE-HF-Brook as a top three over the past few years.

Hard to beat LWE-HF-Brook as a top three over the past few years.
That would get my vote I think, just don't like that there are now 13 teams in the conference. Even if it was split into 2; LWE,LWC,HF and Brook would be on the same side I would think.
There is no definitive answer. I just have scratched my head growing up around MS and CSL how GBS, Evanston and NT rarely field something resembling a top 25 team when they have 3,000-4,000 kids and vast resources

Reactions: PRokie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT