ADVERTISEMENT

Best Second Round Games?

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
In 7A, my beloved SR Mustangs are traveling to SCN Saturday at 2pm to take on the Stars and I think it's going to be an exciting game. What are the other games that I should know about?

In 7A, my beloved SR Mustangs are traveling to SCN Saturday at 2pm to take on the Stars and I think it's going to be an exciting game. What are the other games that I should know about?
If SR is down to the 3rd string QB with the freshman on the bench SCN should win. Even if the #2 guy plays SCN has home field advantage. SCN by a TD.

Wheaton North vs. Batavia....two very good defenses. Should be a very physical game. IMO, the winner will go to the 7A title game.

Reactions: FalconPadre
Alton and LWW will be a battle.

Alton has a big-boy tackle - 6/4 385. Watch his tape against Lincoln Park to see him against overmatched people - this was a pancake highlight film, which I greatly enjoyed.

Watch the clips against East Side and you can see he's damn good against other bog boys. (Though best not to post an "outside of network" link here - let them develop their own traffic!)

I think Plainfield North-LZ will be a good game. I wouldn't count out Warren-Maine South either but I think LZ will be the best game.

GW vs Oswego should be good. Same with Willowbrook vs Dekalb.
By the looks of it the beloved Hitters have their hands full with Oswego. Hoping the Hitters are dialing up the right game plan. Not that I looking forward to being “exposed” by LWE, but I am looking forward to a much better game than our friends at Bloom brought.

Speaking of, I have to get one dig in on the Bloom coaching staff. Maybe next time when you win the toss as 40 point road dogs, you take the ball first. Deferring might seem like the right football choice in a vacuum, but the context of the situation suggested an extra first half drive would have been the prudent choice. .

Pick a game in 3A north bracket...no upsets round 1...IC @ Peotone is the "worst" game, both 9-1...

The I-8 Small can prove itself as having its best season in ages...On turf, IC's speed would likely vanquish Peotone...but Peotone's power run game on grass at home instead of turf might have a chance...The Devils were 3-0 against 4A opponents and 1-0 against 5A, all playoff teams (Manteno, Coal City, Herscher, Streator).

Wilmington @ Farmington is a clash of styles...power run v. passing...Wildcats shut down Elmwood-Brimfield's offense, now get the Farmers' passing attack...

If it's at Solorio, what's their concession game like? If it's blah or non-existent, they are wasting their location.
If it’s at solorio it’s a good field and tucked away...concessions are indeed non-existent even in a playoff atmosphere. Went there for round 2 a few years ago

most competitive i think is WN/ Batavia at least among the larger classes. Philips/ Solario might be the most entertaining.

Reactions: FalconPadre
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT