ADVERTISEMENT

Best program that has not won state yet?

Yes they are the Marv Levy of the Blue, but Marist has won state a couple of times in boys volleyball which is their signature sport.
Real question topiary, what happened to you that you are so obsessed with marist? Everything you say comes back to marist. I’ll take volleyball being their sport. State titles are nice. Or maybe wrestling, few state titles as well. What is Rices sport? You talk a big game, but you’ve won one state title about 40 years ago. You talk like your MC or JCA. Get real. You act like it’s baseball, but usually bow out well earlier than Rita and Providence. You talk big on football, right after Rice pushed out the best coach and best thing to happen to rice since Mitchell. Nice job keeping it in family. Maybe marist is just an academic school. I’m fine with that too. Badke obviously believes it’s a pretty good academic school since he’s sending two children there.

Reactions: ESCC Alum
Real question topiary, what happened to you that you are so obsessed with marist? Everything you say comes back to marist. I’ll take volleyball being their sport. State titles are nice. Or maybe wrestling, few state titles as well. What is Rices sport? You talk a big game, but you’ve won one state title about 40 years ago. You talk like your MC or JCA. Get real. You act like it’s baseball, but usually bow out well earlier than Rita and Providence. You talk big on football, right after Rice pushed out the best coach and best thing to happen to rice since Mitchell. Nice job keeping it in family. Maybe marist is just an academic school. I’m fine with that too. Badke obviously believes it’s a pretty good academic school since he’s sending two children there.
Wasn’t pushed out at all, actually the opposite.
Two children are both females so mute point

It’s not mute, it’s moot. And it isn’t moot. He wouldn’t send his daughters there if he didn’t think it was a very good education. He had numerous options for his daughters, and chose Marist.
Once again hence the joke
You must be new

Reactions: Blue Ruin
It’s not mute, it’s moot. And it isn’t moot. He wouldn’t send his daughters there if he didn’t think it was a very good education. He had numerous options for his daughters, and chose Marist.
Once again hence the joke
You must be new
Sorry, missed that. Anyways, the real question is what did Marist do to topiary that he has this much of a complex.

Few things
-girls have maybe 1/4 of the choices boys do. Basically between Marist or McAuley unlike numerous choices for boys

Of course he did they are all good schools with people in the building that really care.
if families are fortunate enough to be able to have their children choose what school they want to attend, God bless.

Reactions: Gene K.
putting aside your personal feelings and allowing your children to pick the school they liked best/felt most comforter at really says something in my opinion.

putting aside your personal feelings and allowing your children to pick the school they liked best/felt most comforter at really says something in my opinion.
You are 100% correct. Huge credit to parents that put their personal feelings aside to do what is best for you their children. Sometimes we miss that point.

No. STN has only been around 20 years and they only have 1 10 win season.
Prior to the split, St. Charles was amazing in the 90s but with the playoffs done by region they would run into one of the top teams in the state in the first or second round.

SCN missed the playoffs the last two year and will be lucky to make it anytime soon as long as they are in the DuKane conference.

Great example of a traditionally overhyped team because of its social media loving coach.

SCN missed the playoffs the last two year and will be lucky to make it anytime soon as long as they are in the DuKane conference.

Great example of a traditionally overhyped team because of its social media loving coach.
To be fair they would have made the playoffs in '20 had there been a season but they really do have a ton of hype which I just don't get.

…and endlessly self-entitled fanbase.

Yes they are the Marv Levy of the Blue, but Marist has won state a couple of times in boys volleyball which is their signature sport.

And you're a water polo school. Stay hot

Reactions: MC2023
You’re very passionate about where Badke sends his daughters to school. Any chance they might be your nieces?

To be fair they would have made the playoffs in '20 had there been a season but they really do have a ton of hype which I just don't get
IMHO I think it’s coaching. They have big, fast, strong, physical kids. How can they not win more? The head coach has a big Twitter game but on the field I just don’t see the results.

Reactions: ClownBaby
To be fair they would have made the playoffs in '20 had there been a season but they really do have a ton of hype which I just don't get.

They may not win that many games, but their coach has a podcast and creates great online post-game summaries.

Well this is a football board AND a thread on best program that has NEVER won state in its history. SO at least I'm giving you props for being one of the best. Bringing up a fact that in your 58 year history you've yet to win at least one (which you'd agree is better than 0) is something that puts your Redhawks in the distinguished "close but no cigar" category. This year you had extraordinary Senior year talent (2 power 5 guys and 2 other D1 guys) and had 6 home games. Anyway there's always next year. But until then you'll still have volleyball.

Actually don’t care at all where Badke sends his kids. Just used that as an example of Marist academics for topiary because of his obsession with marist. It’s easier for him to understand. A lot of good schools out there for Catholic kids to go to. As for onto volleyball, it’s wrestling season now. Marist has a tough team this year. Then it’ll be baseball season. Marist has bested rice for a couple of years now. Then we can concentrate on volleyball. Good thing rice is a football school. It’ll make up for a slow winter and spring.

Surprisingly enough (to me at least), no MSL West team has ever won it all. Barrington, Palatine, and Schaumburg have each come in 2nd though.

The reason those schools left the DVC was, because they couldn’t win conference titles… well hello they still can’t win conference titles.. Batavia played NN, NC and they won’t play again. NV, WV, won’t play Batavia.

The reason those schools left the DVC was, because they couldn’t win conference titles… well hello they still can’t win conference titles.. Batavia played NN, NC and they won’t play again. NV, WV, won’t play Batavia.
Yes, of course, everyone is scared to play
Batavia. :p
Teams shouldn’t have the right to declare themselves as state champs unless they’ve beaten Batavia, correct?
You sound like a DePaul basketball/NIU football fan.

Actually don’t care at all where Badke sends his kids. Just used that as an example of Marist academics for topiary because of his obsession with marist. It’s easier for him to understand. A lot of good schools out there for Catholic kids to go to. As for onto volleyball, it’s wrestling season now. Marist has a tough team this year. Then it’ll be baseball season. Marist has bested rice for a couple of years now. Then we can concentrate on volleyball. Good thing rice is a football school. It’ll make up for a slow winter and spring.
Look Marist will always be our natural rival. One of the best men I ever met was a Marist alum named Jim Tyree (RIP). I had been trying to get our software into Mesirow for a long while and then I read in Crain's that Jim broke his foot. So I bought an XL Vito and Nick's pizza and brought it over and had a guy I knew who worked there run it up to his assistant who gave it to Jim - when he opened up the box I wrote on the cover "Jim - hoping you're foot feels better and that we can demo our risk management software to you. PS - Marist sucks (hey I figured letting you know I'm a Rice grad would be full disclosure). Anyway he called me laughing and said he'd meet only if I wore a Marist hat. And I did. He liked what he saw and got us in the door which ended up leading to Mesirow being a customer (still are) - we then ran into each other 2 months later at original Blue Frog (our office used to be in same building and what was his favorite dive bar) and had a couple of beers which we then made a regular occurrence one a quarter and we'd rib each other all the time on Marist and Rice . One of best.

Look Marist will always be our natural rival. One of the best men I ever met was a Marist alum named Jim Tyree (RIP). I had been trying to get our software into Mesirow for a long while and then I read in Crain's that Jim broke his foot. So I bought an XL Vito and Nick's pizza and brought it over and had a guy I knew who worked there run it up to his assistant who gave it to Jim - when he opened up the box I wrote on the cover "Jim - hoping you're foot feels better and that we can demo our risk management software to you. PS - Marist sucks (hey I figured letting you know I'm a Rice grad would be full disclosure). Anyway he called me laughing and said he'd meet only if I wore a Marist hat. And I did. He liked what he saw and got us in the door which ended up leading to Mesirow being a customer (still are) - we then ran into each other 2 months later at original Blue Frog (our office used to be in same building and what was his favorite dive bar) and had a couple of beers which we then made a regular occurrence one a quarter and we'd rib each other all the time on Marist and Rice . One of best.
Jim was one of my uncles best friends. Absolute legend and all around great guy. RIP

Reactions: Topiary
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT