ADVERTISEMENT

Best Gameday Atmosphere In Every State

Small town schools are drawing 10,000 fans for a big game?
That's not what I wrote. I said "But even better than the 5,000-10,000 at a large suburban game are the packed small town games."

The 5-10k was referencing the large suburban games played between blue blood 8A programs with large followings/student bodies. Although those numbers are certainly more infrequent to come by in the last decade or so. I was simply saying a small intimate facility with 2-5k packed in often makes for a better environment than the larger suburban stadiums with 7-10k.

That said, I am sure Metamora, Washington, Morris, Geneseo, etc have all packed in 5k or more for some of their big playoff games in the 90s and 2000s.

Reactions: Vincennes6410
Not hokey at all…. Don’t know much about Byron football I just hope they can back that type of entrance up on the field.
I’d say they’re doing well. In the last 5 seasons (not counting covid), Byron has won a state title, was state runner up twice, and made it to the semifinals the other two years.

Fall of 82. I was there for that beat down.

There was a play in the 82 Geneseo/Montini State Semifinal game that I never saw before and have not seen since then and it was flagged.

Do you or anyone remember that play?

There was a play in the 82 Geneseo/Montini State Semifinal game that I never saw before and have not seen since then and it was flagged.

Do you or anyone remember that play?
George Hyland made a tackle on a streaking Geneseo player. From the sideline. Never seen it before or since.

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT