ADVERTISEMENT

Benet-Montini

Can one really overstate their dislike for a school more than I can about Benet? Iā€™d love to see 50 hung on them tonight. Go Broncos. šŸ“

Benet is the 2 point favorite. What is the dislike for Benet? For me back in the day it was them controlling the SCC conference but also by far had the largest enrollment in the conference.

They are a great school academically so there is some jealousy there. What about you?

Benet is the 2 point favorite. What is the dislike for Benet? For me back in the day it was them controlling the SCC conference but also by far had the largest enrollment in the conference.

They are a great school academically so there is some jealousy there. What about you?
Douche factor + beating up on smaller schools and proclaiming dominance. They were never in the SCC though!

Douche factor + beating up on smaller schools and proclaiming dominance. They were never in the SCC though!

Almost positive they were at least in the early 80s. Montini played them in every sport every year back then

Almost positive they were at least in the early 80s. Montini played them in every sport every year back then
Benet was in the West Suburban Catholic Conference (WSCC). After the 1987-1988 school year, all schools except Benet and Providence left the conference which effectively ended the WSCC.

Reactions: Wassup13
Benet was in the West Suburban Catholic Conference (WSCC). After the 1987-1988 school year, all schools except Benet and Providence left the conference which effectively ended the WSCC.

Thanks! Forgot about the name West Sububan Catholic Conference. Never did understand why Benet was in the conference since they were like double the enrollment size of all the other schools.

Why were they not playing in the CCL blue type conference with higher enrollment schools like MC, Loyola, BR and Provi?

Last edited:
Thanks! Forgot about the name West Sububan Catholic Conference. Never did understand why Benet was in the conference since they were like double the enrollment size of all the other schools.

Why were they not playing in the CCL blue type conference with higher enrollment schools like MC, Loyola, BR and Provi?
When the Suburban Catholic Conference split into East and West in the early 1970's, somehow Benet went to the West. Agree, did not make sense from an enrollment standpoint.

Benet 3 Montini 0 2nd Q

Don't think either team has a high quality win this year. Naz is having a down year.

10-0 Benet - is the mighty Montini going to lose to a team with a 5ā€™8ā€ QB?

Montini football has not been very good since before covid in 2018,

They do have 6 football state titles since year 2000.

Bronco victory!! 21-10, offense comes alive in the second half!

The play calling that resulted in the 3rd touchdown took balls of steel!

Broncos go to 4-0.

Montini 21 Benet 10

Montini defense surprising me this year.

In recent years they were not stopping anybody. What's different?

I am not crying , enjoy your football win - Benet top to bottom is best Catholic sports program in west suburbs - hoops volleyball soccer softball on down the line
Sure thing bud, enjoy that soccer title. And the L you took tonight.

• Wow
Reactions: colin2229
Well somebody shot their mouth off about tonight and laying 50 on Benet
I didnā€™t say they were going to, I said I hope they do, and trust me, it was straight hope. Reading is fundamental kid.

Johnny Always Wins

Coming up

@Marian Catholic
@Providence
Saint Viator

Shooting your mouth off before the game and nervously quiet when losing and talking loud now what a p*ssy

Benet kids have already won the game of life Friday game would have just been a bonus
I was on a flight with no wifi bud. Keep crying though. Iā€™ll make sure 3 of the Benet grads who report to me pay up on Monday.

Soccer, what's that? Real sports are football, wrestling and hockey.

Sincerely how is their hockey team? I remember they had good hockey teams.

I was on a flight with no wifi bud. Keep crying though. Iā€™ll make sure 3 of the Benet grads who report to me pay up on Monday.

I've come to know one graduate of Benet. He was friendly enough in every encounter I had with him. Nonetheless, it always struck me as peculiar how he mentioned he had attended Benet in just about every conversation I had with him in the workplace.

Though those conversations were rare, when I learned he had left the firm at which we became acquainted, I finally understood why the crown jewel of his life was matriculating through Benet.

A co-worker mentioned he had flunked out of EIU and eventually, and mercifully, completed his degree at NEIU.

Johnny Always Wins

Coming up

@Marian Catholic
@Providence
Saint Viator
This is Catholic League football, no easy games remaining. Need to avoid turnovers and stay healthy. Receivers dropped a couple passes last night that should of been caught.

I always knew Benet had a bit of an air of superiority to it. But some of those posts in this thread to another level! Academically, it is behind Ignatius, Loyola and probably Fenwick. And let's be real, Naperville is no Kenilworth!

I'm shocked some Benet parent Karen in Naperville hasn't pressed the school to secede from Lisle and become part of Naperville. So brave of those parents to send their children to attend school in the mean streets of Lisle.
It is the Arboretum village.

Reactions: ESCC fan

Graduated from SFHS in the mid-80s. When I was at SF, Benet had about 1,400 kids. The avergae enrollment of other old WSCC schools was about 600. SF and Montini were the next biggest schools at around 800.

I forgot all about Benet the day after I graduated high school, but every now and again I see some post here saying Benet got beat and it makes me laugh a little.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT