ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia @ Geneva

Sep 1, 2013
Batavia is 4-1 with their only defeat coming to 8A #1 LWE by 1 point on a failed 2pt conversion attempt. Minus this upcoming matchup, they have played the most difficult part of their schedule. Geneva is coming in 5-0 rolling through their schedule with a quality win over Lemont. Is this the year that Geneva gets over the hump in the Dukane? Does Batavia continue their winning ways in this rivalry? Who do you like and why?

I don't know much about Geneva other than once Boone took over they have steadily gotten better. And they have a big time WR.

This will be a great game....love both cities and programs.

Batavia is VERY good, but they are averaging over 100 penalty yards per game according to their TV crew. They need to clean that up or it will bite them eventually

This has to be the biggest game these schools have played one another in a decade. That's Geneva's fault as Batavia has become the team to beat in the DuKane conference in recent years.

Though I don't feel like Batavia is as dominant as some of the posters on here make them out to be. They're undoubtedly a program that doesn't rebuild but rather reloads each year. Exactly what everyone else wants to get to and for a some programs in this league have done it in the past (WWS) or are striving to get there (SCN, WN, Gen). Led by a 3 year starter at QB (my preseason Conf. POY btw) Ryan Boe and a plethora of talented skill position players and grunt workers on the line this game is shall we say is the norm for this program in terms of "Big Game"? Every week is their opponent's game of the year. Circled on the calendars the day the schedules are released. These kids are not going to be intimidated or shy when the whistle blows.

Geneva is the up and comer. Received a TON of preseason hype. I personally was scared for them but to date they've handled it well and imo exceeded what fans expected with some dominant wins ytd. Will the bright lights, a packed house, Edgy Tim in attendance and the pressure cooker of a game cause them to fold? They have their own 3 year starter behind center in ultra athlete Nate Stempkowski, who reminds me a bit of a Johnny Manziel because he's about 5' nothing and has to roll out a lot so he can see past the O Line. Geneva is led by ex-Kaneland legend Boone Thorgesen, who knows a little about coaching. He have his crew ready to bite back at the Bulldogs come Friday night.

PREDICTION: Batavia won't try to get cute. They'll basically say "come and beat us if you can." Geneva is going to need a HUGE effort and compete with Batavia's physicality and hope they can create a couple of turnovers in plus territory. That's a big ask. Batavia 28-14

Reactions: dapiech
How is Geneva’s OL? I think Batavia too big and strong at the LOS for Geneva to handle. Batavia did have a lot of penalties against WN, yet every time they were backed up 2nd and 15, etc., they immediately converted. All mental mistakes that I think they clean up. I like Batavia by 17 in this one.

Reactions: flyerforlife
This has to be the biggest game these schools have played one another in a decade. That's Geneva's fault as Batavia has become the team to beat in the DuKane conference in recent years.

Though I don't feel like Batavia is as dominant as some of the posters on here make them out to be. They're undoubtedly a program that doesn't rebuild but rather reloads each year. Exactly what everyone else wants to get to and for a some programs in this league have done it in the past (WWS) or are striving to get there (SCN, WN, Gen). Led by a 3 year starter at QB (my preseason Conf. POY btw) Ryan Boe and a plethora of talented skill position players and grunt workers on the line this game is shall we say is the norm for this program in terms of "Big Game"? Every week is their opponent's game of the year. Circled on the calendars the day the schedules are released. These kids are not going to be intimidated or shy when the whistle blows.

Geneva is the up and comer. Received a TON of preseason hype. I personally was scared for them but to date they've handled it well and imo exceeded what fans expected with some dominant wins ytd. Will the bright lights, a packed house, Edgy Tim in attendance and the pressure cooker of a game cause them to fold? They have their own 3 year starter behind center in ultra athlete Nate Stempkowski, who reminds me a bit of a Johnny Manziel because he's about 5' nothing and has to roll out a lot so he can see past the O Line. Geneva is led by ex-Kaneland legend Boone Thorgesen, who knows a little about coaching. He have his crew ready to bite back at the Bulldogs come Friday night.

PREDICTION: Batavia won't try to get cute. They'll basically say "come and beat us if you can." Geneva is going to need a HUGE effort and compete with Batavia's physicality and hope they can create a couple of turnovers in plus territory. That's a big ask. Batavia 28-14
Well said. Stempkowski is a game-changer for Geneva. He's a dual threat and is so hard to prep for. But I'm not sure they have the horses to stay with Batavia.

I know nothing about either team this year but I will stand by the old adage that Batavia is the team to beat with the powerhouse program. Geneva is a pretender till they do something. I like Batavia BIG.
Not this year.

Geneva 22
Batavia 21

I’m kinda surprised everyone is picking Batavia big in this one, how many people have actually seen Geneva this year? The Taylor kid is a game changer I don’t see Batavia slowing him down on offense and he make things tricky on defense since he covers so much ground. Batavia is the favorite since they have won so many years in a row but I would really call this game a toss up, Geneva has made a ton a progress as a program over the last few years.

I’m kinda surprised everyone is picking Batavia big in this one, how many people have actually seen Geneva this year? The Taylor kid is a game changer I don’t see Batavia slowing him down on offense and he make things tricky on defense since he covers so much ground. Batavia is the favorite since they have won so many years in a row but I would really call this game a toss up, Geneva has made a ton a progress as a program over the last few years.
I think Geneva is just harder to gauge given their schedule so far. Lemont is down from where they have been, and WWS wasn't full strength when they played. On the other end you have Batavia playing LWE, SCN, and WN already

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT