ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia 33 - Brother Rice 0 Halftime

What happened to Rice? maybe overconfident being a Chicago Catholic school!? This was supposed to be a one score game.

I think LWE already did the Maine South interpretation. 56-0 42-0 at the half! Just saying.
I was talking about Rice beating MS in the season opener.

Also LWE played Taft. They could have sent the freshman team and got a running clock

Nothing? The Rita game seems to be the outlier. This is more inline with the Rice games I’ve watched this year.
Both Rice and Rita were overrated late in season imo, maybe injuries? Not surprised by this blowout.

I was talking about Rice beating MS in the season opener.

Also LWE played Taft. They could have sent the freshman team and got a running clock
Rice played good DEF against MS against our backup QB (with little 1st team reps) in that win.

What happened to Rice? maybe overconfident being a Chicago Catholic school!? This was supposed to be a one score game.
You sure about that? A lot of people had doubts. I mistakenly put it at 10 because I thought the Crusaders were at home.

Both Rice and Rita were overrated late in season imo, maybe injuries? Not surprised by this blowout.
Both were overrated in the preseason as well, to be honest. Though in fairness to Rice, they did go up to Park Ridge opening weekend and get a huge win, whether or not MS is as good as it usually is.

Welp, I’m here to take my medicine. Didn’t see this type of final score. Congrats to the Bulldogs. 7A is gonna be fun.
No medicine given, nobody thought this. I knew Batavia would win but not in this fashion.

Both were overrated in the preseason as well, to be honest. Though in fairness to Rice, they did go up to Park Ridge opening weekend and get a huge win, whether or not MS is as good as it usually is.
Pierce played in that opener and people tend to forget that MS starting QB went out. Now I know the backup has done well but a mid game adjustment like that throws things off. They went to more of a run and with Pierce and everyone healthy, it played into BR strength.

Reactions: ChiTown Chuggers
The two QB system just didn’t make sense the past two seasons. Browns Dad is on the Varsity coaching staff is all I can think of why they just didn’t make a decision and stick with it. The Soph QB is an extremely athletic kid but is mostly a runner, their freshman QB is a damn good passer. Hopefully it’s not more of the same

Reactions: crusaderpride
This game was an embarrassment to Br. Rice. In no way shape or form should an all boys Chicago catholic football school get running clocked by any public school. Just a total embarrassment. Seems like they didn't even try.

Reactions: EstablishTheRun59
This game was an embarrassment to Br. Rice. In no way shape or form should an all boys Chicago catholic football school get running clocked by any public school. Just a total embarrassment. Seems like they didn't even try.
Chill. Did you consider Batavia might have a decent football program?

Tell me you know nothing about Batavia without telling me you have never left Cook County.

Know plenty about Batavia. Have mad respect for their coaching staff, players, and tradition. But, for an all boys private school wit players from up to and possibly beyond 30 mile radius, you cannot get running clocked by a public school team, or any team for that matter. The problem BR has is the coaching. Point blank. How they prepared the players, the duo qb scheme, and how the players played vs. Batavia is a clear indication that the coaches do not have the trust of the players. Bust a$$ to make the playoffs and this is how your team responds round 1?

Sounds like a metro / suburb bias you are dealing with. Smaller communities and local support are some experiences you miss out when you pull from as far as 30 miles to gather for school/sports. Batavia, Morris, Minooka, Edwardsville, come to mind as programs that have that hometown feel just to name a few. Trust me we have plenty of kids from the south suburbs heading into the “city” for sports reasons and deal with the busses on our local streets. More ways to achieve is good for the kids but to believe one is better?

Know plenty about Batavia. Have mad respect for their coaching staff, players, and tradition. But, for an all boys private school wit players from up to and possibly beyond 30 mile radius, you cannot get running clocked by a public school team, or any team for that matter. The problem BR has is the coaching. Point blank. How they prepared the players, the duo qb scheme, and how the players played vs. Batavia is a clear indication that the coaches do not have the trust of the players. Bust a$$ to make the playoffs and this is how your team responds round 1?
Bad showing by BR for sure but the 30 mile radius thing is beat.
Public schools have feeder programs and if they are ran right is a huge advantage for these schools.
Public schools like the ones mentioned by wiu 78 could and should know exactly what they are getting each year starting in grammar school
Catholic schools especially on the south-side do not have that luxury.

Last edited:
Public schools like the ones mentioned by wiu 78 could and should know exactly what they are getting each year starting in grammar school
Not necessarily. Some of those feeder teams have spent years developing players that attend the public elementary schools. Let’s take Lyons Township for example. Plenty of kids from the local Catholic schools end up at Naz, Fenwick, Ignatius, Montini, Benet and even some at Mt Carmel, Brother Rice, Marist and St Rita but also lots of kids from the local public junior highs that end up at those schools too. For 7A/8A teams they can likely overcome that. For a small school, let’s say Lisle, they might lose half their starters from the pee wee football.

I’m sure you are right but it’s not even close to what happens on the southside
A kid could choose
5 or 6 catholic schools along with their public school

Sorry. I am sure minooka and Morris have players that play youth football in town and attend public school that end up at JCA. Edwardsville to the STL Catholic powerhouses.
I can only speak for Morris, but it is very rare if a kid chooses to go to JCA or Providence. One every 5 years or so, maybe and if so, they likely went to the catholic grade school in Morris.

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT