ADVERTISEMENT

Barrington 9 - Warren 27 F

Slow start ... Warren has 2 top tier RB's. The defense lock down in 2nd half. Tough day to throw ball. Warren is built for playoffs and bad weather. On to the next opponent. Catch a ride. Home of six flags. 🙏🏾💪🏾🏈🎢

Reactions: go_rice
The defense has pretty much the same restrictions on blocking below the waist as the offense. Don’t see it often but most often it’s a DBack not wanting to take on a big pulling guard
Was hoping I would get an answer on this. I thought that may have been the case. Wish there was a different signal for it as "blocking" doesn't seem appropriate

Was hoping I would get an answer on this. I thought that may have been the case. Wish there was a different signal for it as "blocking" doesn't seem appropriate
I task you power to create one.

I watched the second half of this one after watching the first half of SR/RM. If I didn’t know better I’d have thought I was watching a CCL team in Warren. Hard nose defense and ball control, hard running offensive team that wore Barrington down. It’s a recipe that I’ve seen win repeatedly.

6 flags not looking good. Very frustrated by Barrington right now.
Warren’s escape game. All good until Loyola
We shall see I am not so sure they get to Loyola depends on who the play. Warren is who we all thought they are. They are a good team with a good defense but very one dimensional on offense. I feel like they are going to stumble when they face a team that can pass the ball and has a good defense. No way they beat Loyola if the do play. IMO

We shall see I am not so sure they get to Loyola depends on who the play. Warren is who we all thought they are. They are a good team with a good defense but very one dimensional on offense. I feel like they are going to stumble when they face a team that can pass the ball and has a good defense. No way they beat Loyola if the do play. IMO
I think they are more focused on winning the next round. As we saw last night, worrying about the next round can be treacherous at best. I’m sure I’d someone asked Holecek about playing Warren he wouldn’t have much of a comment either. Let’s get there first.

LA good defense.... that's not absolute ..
check the stats Passing in snow & rain is not that simple if you know football. Warren can throw enough to be effective. Warren will keep pounding the ball and playing solid defense and shorten the game clock. It's not sexy. There are plenty of examples of teams winning championships with Warren strategy. They are who we thought they were. Like Newt said .... win and advance that is the name of game in HS playoffs. It is okay not to be a fan of Warren but at some point you have to say they are a formidable competitor. 🎢💪🏾🏈

Reactions: lucersg and eireog
8A is as wide open as I have ever seen it. We’d always see a top 4 or 6 that would be pretty clear favorites. I see a dozen with legitimate chances. Many say Loyola. While I like them as a team, institution and they have a fine group of posters, I don’t see the separation from the field that others see.

Reactions: MS4EVER
I think they are more focused on winning the next round. As we saw last night, worrying about the next round can be treacherous at best. I’m sure I’d someone asked Holecek about playing Warren he wouldn’t have much of a comment either. Let’s get there first.
Agree Lake
It’s just my opinion. I could be wrong. Call me crazy but if LWE wins today I would love to see them play Warren even though East is down this year I feel this would be a great game.

LA good defense.... that's not absolute ..
check the stats Passing in snow & rain is not that simple if you know football. Warren can throw enough to be effective. Warren will keep pounding the ball and playing solid defense and shorten the game clock. It's not sexy. There are plenty of examples of teams winning championships with Warren strategy. They are who we thought they were. Like Newt said .... win and advance that is the name of game in HS playoffs. It is okay not to be a fan of Warren but at some point you have to say they are a formidable competitor. 🎢💪🏾🏈

Show me where anyone said they weren’t a formidable competitor?
Warren has a good team not great but good. I don’t believe we have any great teams this year to be absolutely honest. Loyola appears to be the most balanced team so they are the front runners. IMO
Let’s hope Warren plays LWE that would be fun even though I think East is the underdogs this year. 👍

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
WTHS is built for this type of weather. The penalties may cost them later in the playoffs but if they get cold, windy and wet games they should be fine for another week at the very least.

Reactions: corey90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT