ADVERTISEMENT

Audio: 20 Minutes with Hall of Fame HC Rich Zinanni Bishop Mac

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Had a slight switch up in the podcast schedule.... and fortunately I was able to get Bishop McNamara Hall of Fame head coach Rich Zinanni to join me this week! Out for free tomorrow AM but enjoy this one here first.

Reactions: Bowie50
Great episode. Loved the reminiscing about the Wednesday game.

But the talk also got me thinking....maybe the best way to solve the district/conference jumping issue is to bring it back.

Expand the playoffs to 48 per class (I would guess everyone 3-6 or better would get in, and probably most 2-7s)
Give the top 16 teams a bye (big incentive to play well in the regular season still, probably all 7-2+ would get a bye)
Have the 17-48 seeds play on Wednesday

Nearly everyone is in the playoffs so schools stop chasing 5 wins and conference jumping. You don't add a week to the season. The regular season would still be important.

Thoughts?

Had a slight switch up in the podcast schedule.... and fortunately I was able to get Bishop McNamara Hall of Fame head coach Rich Zinanni to join me this week! Out for free tomorrow AM but enjoy this one here first.

It would be interesting to hear a podcast with an athletic official from a state that uses the district system for football scheduling. It would be informative to listen to how they have overcome some of the challenges individuals in this state have identified, such as excessive travel, competitive balance, scheduling the lower levels, and trying to salvage some of the traditional rivalries. I guess the bottom line would be, are they happy with the district system?

It would be interesting to hear a podcast with an athletic official from a state that uses the district system for football scheduling. It would be informative to listen to how they have overcome some of the challenges individuals in this state have identified, such as excessive travel, competitive balance, scheduling the lower levels, and trying to salvage some of the traditional rivalries. I guess the bottom line would be, are they happy with the district system?

Hey that's a really good idea and one I've been working on a bit behind the scenes...yet the issue I seem to be running into is that this state is so different from a few others that I've talked to....so I'll keep trying to find something from my end.

Reactions: Alexander32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT