ADVERTISEMENT

Atilla v Caravan - 42-38 Hun, Final

Another flag.

It is on MC - holding.

Jack throws it away.

Second and 20. Overthrow.

Third and 20.

Beautiful pass by Jack - first down, at the good side 32.

Busted run turns into something. A d-lineman turned RB????

Another MC run, first down at the 12.

Elliot to the 3 - fighting for it!!! Ball loose in the endzone ... but called down. Then a flag - called holding. Ball at the 23, first and 20.

Bad pass, second and 20. Deadball call ... false start ,,, now at the 25.

Penalties are killing them.

Another flag on MC - illegal motion. Third down and 35. Pass almost intercepted and another flag. MC holding on the same dude,

Intercepted and another flag, Holding declined.

Ball at the 25 for Atilla. 6:47 left.

MC with a late hit on the Kickoff.

Undisciplined.

Ball at the 35, 3:57 left.

Second and five - 496 passing yards for Atilla.

Ugly slide by Moran ... might have been a cramp. Ball at the 50, but he is leaving the game. He is down.

Backup sophomore goofs the center snap - recovers it.

Moran back. Pass broken up - third down and 10.

Ten yard pass, 18 yard run. Ball at the 32.

Now seven yards - 500+ passing - 1:39 left.

Second and four. Flag - false start. Second and 8 - 31 yard line. 1:10.

TD Pass Jersey boys. Big tall white boys.

42-38 0:59 Hun.

• Haha
Reactions: UAGoofy
Fun game to watch, Definitely need to tighten up the secondary but that team was very good. Line was huge, QB is a D1 commit and the receivers were big and fast. Our DBs didn’t match up well tonight. Still almost pulled it out. Elliott played his heart out. Body cramps slowed him at the end. Iron sharpens Iron MC. Play on.

Last edited:
Game on!

Attilla kicks and recovers. Ball at the 35.

Hun QB, Jack Moran, is one of the most accomplished high school (prep school, rather) passers I've seen in years. Moran reads defenses well, has advanced mechanics and excellent feet, has a beautiful release, and impeccable accuracy.

Very impressive player. I was pleased to see him in person last night.

Hun QB, Jack Moran, is one of the most accomplished high school (prep school, rather) passers I've seen in years. Moran reads defenses well, has advanced mechanics and excellent feet, has a beautiful release, and impeccable accuracy.

I’ll second that. He was very impressive. Unfazed on the occasions when MC did get some pressure, and he was dropping dimes all night.

Reactions: Simon "GHOST' Riley

Having that Hun O-line in front of him helps a bit, too

Hun was large
A roster on NJ.com or something similar said that the Huns have at least 10 seniors who will graduate in '24. What does that mean? Graduate in December after another year of eligibility? After another growth spurt? I don't know. But it could account for the score, as well as for the size differential.

A roster on NJ.com or something similar said that the Huns have at least 10 seniors who will graduate in '24. What does that mean? Graduate in December after another year of eligibility? After another growth spurt? I don't know. But it could account for the score, as well as for the size differential.
It’s a Prep School so you can have a Prep year that doesn’t count against your NCAA eligibility. This school doesn’t play for NJ State Title so it does not have to abide by the NJHSA rules. They had several 5th year Seniors. MC knew this, they took the game for what it was, a great challenge.

Which is why they mostly play other prep schools, and yet their strength of schedule is historically very weak. Still, it is a compliment that their coach said they had never been in a tougher game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenny27 and feeto

Was he one of their players in their post high school graduate program? I know Hun has such a program, but their maxpreps roster only shows the traditional four class years. According to The Hun website, "Hun postgraduates are full-time boarding school students and members of the senior class. They take full course loads and participate in activities, athletics, extracurriculars, and social events."

It’s a Prep School so you can have a Prep year that doesn’t count against your NCAA eligibility. This school doesn’t play for NJ State Title so it does not have to abide by the NJHSA rules. They had several 5th year Seniors. MC knew this, they took the game for what it was, a great challenge.
McCaravan,

First off it’s been awhile since we talked, thank you for your continued service protecting the people of Chicago! Regarding NJ football this is what I was talking about when I cautioned people here about pushing private schools out of IHSA. All Catholic and private schools are considered part of the prep league in NJ and I believe it’s around 70 schools. Having no rules from the state organization allows them to recruit kids from anywhere they want including the 6 states with proximity to Princeton NJ(theoretically they can recruit FL, T , and CA if they want to). Parents many times help to house students from out of state for the school and become extended families. I doubt The Hun school goes undefeated this season, but they are certainly better than I expected this season. Finally, I’m hoping that the public/private debate eases because this policy and game result illustrates the way the private schools in NJ can cull together all the talent in the state thus watering down the public schools because they can all offer scholarships to their preferred players without breaking any rules.

It's as commendable as it gets to even play a prep school. To almost win is awesome

I think Naz, DGN and Loyola will all be a tough test for MC

Naz might surprise them

The Huns keyed on Jack Elliott, after discovering he could beat them himself. Danyil Taylor played well on offense, as did Q. Burrell. Next week, Rita will give us a tussle and we'll still be limping a bit. I expect a rugged season. This team may lose a few but will give everyone a game. Crusader_of_90 wouldn't have been such a good announcer if MC hadn't given him such a good game.

Last edited:
Was he one of their players in their post high school graduate program? I know Hun has such a program, but their maxpreps roster only shows the traditional four class years. According to The Hun website, "Hun postgraduates are full-time boarding school students and members of the senior class. They take full course loads and participate in activities, athletics, extracurriculars, and social events."

ramblinman:

I did know they had several athletes in a fifth year, but I did not do any research ahead of the game to learn if Moran was among them.

While most of the conversation within my group and those around us concentrated on the game, in the moments in which discussion moved away from play, it fixated on the outrageous tuition Hun asks to enroll, and the swirling rumor one, single donor paid the entire expense for the team's trip to Chicago.

• Wow
Reactions: crusader_of_90
McCaravan,

First off it’s been awhile since we talked, thank you for your continued service protecting the people of Chicago! Regarding NJ football this is what I was talking about when I cautioned people here about pushing private schools out of IHSA. All Catholic and private schools are considered part of the prep league in NJ and I believe it’s around 70 schools. Having no rules from the state organization allows them to recruit kids from anywhere they want including the 6 states with proximity to Princeton NJ(theoretically they can recruit FL, T , and CA if they want to). Parents many times help to house students from out of state for the school and become extended families. I doubt The Hun school goes undefeated this season, but they are certainly better than I expected this season. Finally, I’m hoping that the public/private debate eases because this policy and game result illustrates the way the private schools in NJ can cull together all the talent in the state thus watering down the public schools because they can all offer scholarships to their preferred players without breaking any rules.
Thank you my friend. Hope all is well with you and yours! Survived the DNC here, couple more years before retirement!

• Love
Reactions: Gene K. and UAGoofy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT