ADVERTISEMENT

Arlington Park

I am absolutely ecstatic about the near future possibility of the Bears in Arlington. I’m biased, I’m in the burbs within 30 min or so of AH. The view of the city and lake are great.. coming to Chicago and feeling the electric energy the city exudes is awesome…

BUT - maybe this is the millenial in me, but I do value the “gameday experience”. I do want better tailgating options, better pre and post game activities, and I most certainly am interested in bathroom lines that are more manageable than current Soldier Field. If developed right, this seems like an economic slam dunk for not just the surrounding burbs, but the state as a whole. This is a home run in all aspects in my opinion.

The big question we are all asking - will McCaskeys sell a large portion of team to pay for the stadium? Will taxpayers pay? I’d be willing to bet that NFL will have no concerns shelling out 500M-1B maybe more on a loan to help pay. They did the same for Las Vegas.

Reactions: kkhawk
If retractable, I would hope many Final Fours come to Chicagoland. Soldier Field? I guess Northwestern, Illinois, ND and others could play games there.

I know this is blasphemy, but fix that stadium, so a certain Southside team can play there.

Reactions: stl705
If retractable, I would hope many Final Fours come to Chicagoland. Soldier Field? I guess Northwestern, Illinois, ND and others could play games there.

I know this is blasphemy, but fix that stadium, so a certain Southside team can play there.
Could have been the spot for Obama’s library if they got these talks in earlier.

• Haha
Reactions: mmca and Blue Ruin
City is going to fight this, by the time it gets hashed out I’ll be retired with my bride in a location that doesn’t require me to deal with snow or freezing temps anymore. While I think a new stadium with a retractable dome and the ability to host a Super Bowl and other big name events is a no brainer, I’ll miss the Chicago landmark on the lake...lot of great memories and history for me!

City is going to fight this, by the time it gets hashed out I’ll be retired with my bride in a location that doesn’t require me to deal with snow or freezing temps anymore. While I think a new stadium with a retractable dome and the ability to host a Super Bowl and other big name events is a no brainer, I’ll miss the Chicago landmark on the lake...lot of great memories and history for me!

The city had the chance to fight it but they opted not to put money into the stadium or to allow on-site gambling so now they will now just just wait for their tenants lease to end.

Genuinely curious for those that always complain about the traffic, tailgating, and long bathroom lines - what specifically is at issue? Where have you seen better?

Genuinely curious for those that always complain about the traffic, tailgating, and long bathroom lines - what specifically is at issue? Where have you seen better?

You can go ahead and name every pro sports stadiums/fields I’ve personally been to for better bathroom lines, including:

Notre Dame
Lambeau Field
Cowboys Stadium

Wrigley Field
Guaranteed rate (pregame on par with bears, but very manageable bathroom lines).
Dodger stadium
Busch stadium
Fenway park
Mariners ballpark

Soldier field ranks dead last to any stadium I’ve been too regarding bathroom lines. Dead last. Just my experience maybe others are diff but this from a Bears-Lions November game a few yrs back, not a big game.

You can go ahead and name every pro sports stadiums/fields I’ve personally been to for better bathroom lines, including:

Notre Dame
Lambeau Field
Cowboys Stadium

Wrigley Field
Guaranteed rate (pregame on par with bears, but very manageable bathroom lines).
Dodger stadium
Busch stadium
Fenway park
Mariners ballpark

Soldier field ranks dead last to any stadium I’ve been too regarding bathroom lines. Dead last. Just my experience maybe others are diff but this from a Bears-Lions November game a few yrs back, not a big game.

But can you hear the phrase “sinks open” yelled at those other venues bathrooms?

Last edited:

Notre Dame
Lambeau Field
Cowboys Stadium

Wrigley Field
Dodger stadium
Busch stadium
Fenway park
Mariners ballpark

the restroom situation at Wrigley being better than anywhere says a lot.

The only place worse was the old Orange Bowl. Other than that, every other Stadium i have gone to has been better.

Notre Dame
Lambeau Field
Cowboys Stadium

Wrigley Field
Dodger stadium
Busch stadium
Fenway park
Mariners ballpark

I’ve just never found them that bad, but I also don’t do my business between quarters. Don’t stop at the first concession stand or bathroom when you get through the gate. Simple rules to live by no matter the event.

Been to many a stadium, you take a piss at the quarter or half and you’re gonna see a line. No doubt though that they could use some troughs.

Parked in the 31st st lot for years and always enjoyed the scene / walk through McCormick.

Park district screwed the pooch on the capacity with the ‘03 redesign, but Solider Field gets more hate than it deserves in my humble opinion.

Reactions: brucealmighy
Just because they buy a nicer house doesn't mean that the product will be better. To them, like the Ricketts, making money is more important than winning games.
OWNING their own stadium and being able to use it to increase overall revenue will have a direct impact on the roster. The better the roster, the more butts in seats. The better the stadium and environment, the more likely the non-die-hard fans find value, and return. It all works together.

Never forget - professional sports are an entertainment business. The fan is the consumer, and the product is on the field, and the experience you have. Disney World has fans too..

Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City. No comparison. Traffic in and out moves much, much better. Far better parking. Much more room for tailgating. Bathroom lines are nowhere near as long as Soldier Field. Waaay easier in and out because you can enter and exit the stadium from North, South, East and West. And that place holds 80,000 and sells out every game. They really do it right. Since 2003, I have been to more NFL games in KC and other stadiums than in Chicago. Soldier Field is by far the worst venue I have been to.

I am so happy it looks like this team is finally going to move out of that dump. If for no other reason than to stick it in Lightfoot's eye. She sure as hell was cocky back in July when it was announced they might seek to move. Now she's backpedaling and lying about what actually happened with the negotiating process. For the first time in my life I am actually rooting for the McCaskeys.

I wonder if all the "Grabowski" type Bear fans give a sh*t about whether they play at Soldier Field or in the 'burbs. I sure don't and would be satisfied with a team to watch on non-subscription TV that is regularly competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT