ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on what's going on at Hinsdale Central?

62% reporting
63.42% Yes
36.58% No.

Not sure if this is reliable information whatsoever, but I just heard that only 12% of the Darien vote has been counted.

Reactions: brucealmighy
81% precincts reporting in DuPage, 60.45% yes...Darien City reporting 87% on mayoral race...about 4100 vote difference...looks like it will pass - Cook County 300 vote yes cushion...

If my kid is at or will be going to HC and wants to play football, I'm sending them to NAZ, Friar or Iggy. Scare tactic or not.

Send him to Mt Carmel. We've had -- and have -- kids from far out suburbs, including North Chicago and Homer Township. Hinsdale's down the street.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
I had no dog in the fight, but was watching the news last night and they cut to a reporter at the victory party/gala for the "Yes" vote.
The glee and behavior of those assembled was beyond off-putting.

Reactions: Quags57
I had no dog in the fight, but was watching the news last night and they cut to a reporter at the victory party/gala for the "Yes" vote.
The glee and behavior of those assembled was beyond off-putting.

I didnt see the news, but why did you find it off-putting? They people I know who have kids in the district who play sports which were being cut were both relieved and happy that the referendum passed.

Reactions: McCaravan
To address your question, it was the exhibition that appeared more befitting of a red-carpet celebration than a referendum being passed.
To me, that is off-putting.

Reactions: Quags57 and Gene K.
I didnt see the news, but why did you find it off-putting? They people I know who have kids in the district who play sports which were being cut were both relieved and happy that the referendum passed.
I would imagine it was off putting because a bunch of bureaucrats used the kids and their parents as pawns. To pretend to cut sports in a district that obviously is not lacking for resources is unconscionable. They uprooted a football coach and who knows what other unintended consequences will arise. They treated this situation like it was a business deal that did not affect peoples lives. But hey - they got their money so in the long run, who cares.

To pretend to cut sports in a district that obviously is not lacking for resources is unconscionable. They uprooted a football coach and who knows what other unintended consequences will arise. They treated this situation like it was a business deal that did not affect peoples lives
Well said. I've put together some conspiracies as to how this all came to pass, and I'll almost certainly never know the truth, but the whole thing smells of rot.

Really too bad for Coach Dan Hartman, who was about to turn the corner with the program and have them back in the elite mix of 8A (or so I think), but instead, like you said, had to go thru a significant, life changing process.

Here's perhaps a lighter way to see things going forward for HC and the WSS: LT now has a head coach with a proven track record of success, and should bring LT back into 8A prominence (perhaps even in year 1). York is going into its 2nd year with Coach Fitz and that O-line promises to be the preseason candidate for the 'nastiest hogs of the conference' award. And HC, I speculate, will make a quick in-house hire of a coach who is more than well-deserving to take the reins of the program with a really talented group coming in.

Should be a great year for the WSS and yes, for better or worse, the intensity of the rivalry between HC-LT just got cranked up a few notches.

Last edited:
Send him to Mt Carmel. We've had -- and have -- kids from far out suburbs, including North Chicago and Homer Township. Hinsdale's down the street.
MC would definitely be a consideration. This was merely hypothetical as my kids will go to LA (we live in NW bur)...if I can afford the tuition in 4 years. Yikes!

MC would definitely be a consideration. This was merely hypothetical as my kids will go to LA (we live in NW bur)...if I can afford the tuition in 4 years. Yikes!
It would be an awful commute every day from Hinsdale to MC, but I’m sure some might do it.

News said average home cost over 460k and referendum will add almost 300 extra per to property tax bill. Drop in the bucket in my opinion. Glad it passed. Nye is rumored to be front-runner.

News said average home cost over 460k and referendum will add almost 300 extra per to property tax bill. Drop in the bucket in my opinion. Glad it passed. Nye is rumored to be front-runner.
How good was the source? I've got information that is incompatible with that claim.

North Chicago to MC Is beyond 30 miles.

Plenty have and more from even farther away.
I’m sure they have.
All I’m saying Is that would be a miserable commute unless you had some really important reason to go there.
Choices like Montini, Nazareth or Benet would be much closer.

How good was the source? I've got information that is incompatible with that claim.
Fairly certain they are hiring from within. My source didn’t have an answer about whether it was an interim deal or not, he even told me the guys name but I don’t remember it.

Fairly certain they are hiring from within. My source didn’t have an answer about whether it was an interim deal or not, he even told me the guys name but I don’t remember it.
Just ask the booster club. They seem to pull all the strings around there.

Just ask the booster club. They seem to pull all the strings around there.
Brian Griffin named interim head coach...that is who I assumed was going to be hired as the head coach...but perhaps he doesn't want the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT