ADVERTISEMENT

Any news on what's going on at Hinsdale Central?

Almost posted this last night actually. They have a player with offers, would suck if he couldn't get more film out there.

Worst case a parent would write a check. But there is not shot they actually cancel football in that district.
Is that parent going to write that check every single year? They can afford it but that means isn’t sustainable from the point of view of the distinct, you can’t just assume that parents will donate that money year after year. This is a scare tactic but the residents aren’t going to approve this. The ball will then be in districts court again, they will almost certainly renig but the feeling of invincibility circling the Central community at least, is foolish.

As of right now they don’t have a football program, no matter what material they send home to keep the families from getting nervous. Present and future families would be smart to loook elsewhere.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
As of right now they don’t have a football program, no matter what material they send home to keep the families from getting nervous. Present and future families would be smart to loook elsewhere.
JCA will be accepting transfer applications from Hinsdale Central athletes wishing to continue their Athletic careers.

LOL, I wonder if they fall into our radius for enrollment. ;)

I know people say they will get donations to run the program but what if only HC can raise the funds and HS can’t, what happens then? Also what if girls sports cant raise money, do you then have Title IX issue when there is football but no cheerleading?

Looking at the itemized list of list of what is in the referendum it is filled with deferred maintenance and seems more like they just mismanaged their money over the years and now they want more. If I’m a HC/ HS football parent I would start looking at other options right now since fall sports seem 50/50 right now.

Reactions: Bowie50
JCA will be accepting transfer applications from Hinsdale Central athletes wishing to continue their Athletic careers.

It's just the same line drawn from Nazareth to a Plainfield east address shifted 2 miles west and 2 miles south.

I can't believe people actually think Hinsdale will cut the sports programs. It is called a scare tactic.

It is for sure a scare tactic but they really backed themselves into a corner with the referendum if it doesn’t pass.

There is a d1 baseball player at JCA right now who is a transfer from Hinsdale Central

Reactions: Gene K.
I can't believe people actually think Hinsdale will cut the sports programs. It is called a scare tactic.
100% Especially with the sports they are choosing to cut. Plus, I thought I read they were thinking about cutting the marching band. None of that is going to fly.

Problem is, even if you bring it back, HC football coach and staff are actively interviewing at other schools. Can't blame him/them but that's a tough situation for those senior kids.

Tennis, Swimming, Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball/Softball and the Running Sports (X-Country & Track) have alternative competitive associations in which to compete and gain college visibility.
Even Basketball has AAU.
If those sports were wiped out completely as Football is facing, I believe that you would see a louder outcry in Hinsdale.

Could this situation of uncertainty put the football program in a situation where it is going to suffer for a few years because of possible coaching changes, transfers, etc.?

Could this situation of uncertainty put the football program in a situation where it is going to suffer for a few years because of possible coaching changes, transfers, etc.?

Very much so, yes.

I guess we will have answer tonight around 10pm, I would bet on the the referendum failing but what do I know?

Nothing like trying to sell a 1MM dollar house and tell the couple that their kids won't even have a f'ing marching band at the school. Hinsdale shooting themselves in foot if this doesn't pass

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
Any truth to the rumor that a number of the private schools will have tents set up in the parking lot tomorrow morning if the referendum is voted down. I also heard they will be joined by rental companies based in Lagrange, Western Springs and Elmhurst :)

Reactions: mchsalumni
Any truth to the rumor that a number of the private schools will have tents set up in the parking lot tomorrow morning if the referendum is voted down. I also heard they will be joined by rental companies based in Lagrange, Western Springs and Elmhurst :)
Montini, Naz, Benet and Fenwick are going to be loving it

Two items;
(1) It would not be surprising to me if the referendum passes. The backers of the referendum were well financed, kept up the drumbeat of doom and gloom if the referendum did not pass and used the kids as props on a daily basis.
(2) If the referendum fails to pass I don't see the school board following through on their threats to eliminate extracurriculars. The Board may go to a plan c, which may involve fees, but I don't see the Board shooting the hostage.

Two items;
(1) It would not be surprising to me if the referendum passes. The backers of the referendum were well financed, kept up the drumbeat of doom and gloom if the referendum did not pass and used the kids as props on a daily basis.
(2) If the referendum fails to pass I don't see the school board following through on their threats to eliminate extracurriculars. The Board may go to a plan c, which may involve fees, but I don't see the Board shooting the hostage.

I keep hearing this as well.....

If the referendum doesn’t pass and they wanted to continue having all the extracurriculars, that would require the board to swalllow their pride, admit it was an empty threat, move to re vote on the measure, then vote to do whatever it is they are going to do. I don’t think they are accustomed to that type of behavior out there.

If the referendum doesn’t pass and they wanted to continue having all the extracurriculars, that would require the board to swalllow their pride, admit it was an empty threat, move to re vote on the measure, then vote to do whatever it is they are going to do. I don’t think they are accustomed to that type of behavior out there.

The referendum is about the Hinsdale Central-Hinsdale South boundary lines remaining static. That is the impetus behind the referendum which in large part has garnered its support from the Hinsdale and surrounding areas that feed into Hinsdale Central. Are their issues with the physical condition of both schools that require funding, no doubt. Those problems could be addressed for much less than the 140 million that the Board is seeking.
The issue of overcrowding at Hinsdale Central could be easily be solved by adjusting the boundary lines or going to the LT model of one school, two campus'. If the referendum does not pass the Board may have to consider one of those as a solution to the problem of overcrowding at Hinsdale Central and under utilization of the facilities at Hinsdale South.

I'm not sure the board will have to swallow their pride for one simple reason: there are 4 seats open (3 four year, 1 two year) with only one incumbent running for re-election. There is a very strong possibility that the majority of the board will be new members who will lose no face by reinstating the sports and activities...

Reactions: bronco man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT