ADVERTISEMENT

Andrew 7 Brother Rice 6 *FINAL*

MIKEFTB

Jul 7, 2001
Bolingbrook IL
Extra innings in this one as it takes 8 for the T-Bolts to knock of the Crusaders in Burbank to set up a Super-Sectional title game Monday in Crestwood between Andrew....and the St.Rita Mustangs...7PM..

Looking for a re-cap on this one...anyone?
This post was edited on 6/5 3:43 PM by MIKEFTB

GREAT high school baseball game. No one deserved to go home. Hats off to both teams.

If you had to break it down, Andrew no errors. Crusaders = 4 unearned runs allowed on simple plays.

The errors of baseball!!

Heard B.R. had a few baserunning blunders too.

B.T.W.
Heard M.C. getting a new-well known- Soph baseball head coach who also dables in football.....

Well, I know Andrew's ace will not be pitching, but does that really mean anything at this point? I'm sure OPRF was shocked at Mark Payton's relief performance earlier today. One can count on one hand, I think, how many innings he's thrown this year.

I believe Andres will get the nod for Cascia.

How's this for karma....the Andrew Thunderbolts...playing Monday at Standard Bank Stadium in Crestwood...home of...the Windy City Thunderbolts! Yeah?....Nah....Rita's too strong....but Andrew has been there...done that...I think this'll be a battle.....

MIKEFTB

Bad call - no baserunning blunders

Down 6-5 with runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs a Crusader baserunner broke for the plate on a passed ball. A brutal call. He was called out. BR eventually ties the game on the next base hit. The call would have given BR a 7-6 lead into the 7th in which they took Andrew down 1-2-3.

I would have love to have seen BR / SR part 3.

FYI - the home ump was awful for both teams.

Re: Bad call - no baserunning blunders

Sounds like it may have been a mistake to try to score on past ball with nobody out. Then again I like agressive baseball.. I heard two B.R. runners picked off too.

I was hoping for Rice/Rita on Mon. myself.

Rumor: Any word on certain B.R. coach packing bags and heading to 64th and Dante?

Koziol was snapped off first by the Andrew catcher in the 7th. No one else.

I heard the same garbage. Most people would try to attract a coach who is 283 and 90 in 10 seasons (wow). That staff is going nowhere. Alot of BR guys, including the head coach, committed to BR. My neighbor (junior @ BR)just got back from BR varsity summer tryouts. They are going to be loaded for years to come.

Kill bad rumors!

We have a great coach in Coach Hurry @ MC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT