ADVERTISEMENT

Amendment Proposals IHSA

Slander- making false and damaging statements about someone.

Have the offended parties sue me it would be amazing. Just because you have your head in the sand it doesn’t mean everyone else does.

clown​

\ ˈklau̇n \

Definition of clown​

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: FARMER, COUNTRYMAN
2: a rude ill-bred person : BOOR
3a: a fool, jester, or comedian in an entertainment (such as a play)specifically : a grotesquely dressed comedy performer in a circus
b: a person who habitually jokes and plays the buffoon

Who exactly has ones head in the sand? A complete clown who makes unfounded accusations on threads with zero evidence of said accusations and the public is just supposed to accept them……. Why? Because the clown show says so. Pathetic.

clown​

\ ˈklau̇n \

Definition of clown​

(Entry 1 of 2)
1: FARMER, COUNTRYMAN
2: a rude ill-bred person : BOOR
3a: a fool, jester, or comedian in an entertainment (such as a play)specifically : a grotesquely dressed comedy performer in a circus
b: a person who habitually jokes and plays the buffoon

Who exactly has ones head in the sand? A complete clown who makes unfounded accusations on threads with zero evidence of said accusations and the public is just supposed to accept them……. Why? Because the clown show says so. Pathetic.
You honestly believe that Mt Carmel isn’t recruiting football players?

You honestly believe that Mt Carmel isn’t recruiting football players?
Can I ask why it’s wrong to “recruit”? I’ve never understood this argument.

Are parents not smart enough to weigh all the pro’s and con’s of the school choices and make the best decision for their kid?

Do parents not have the right to send their kid to whatever school they want?

If Coach Lynch we’re to call a parent and say we’d love to have your son come shadow for a day and then the family thinks MC is a better fit for the next four years…why should that be wrong?

It just comes off as “don’t recruit kids in my district bc I want to guarantee these kids stay in district.” BUT, if your program was good, that would guarantee the kids stay in district.

Can I ask why it’s wrong to “recruit”? I’ve never understood this argument.

Are parents not smart enough to weigh all the pro’s and con’s of the school choices and make the best decision for their kid?

Do parents not have the right to send their kid to whatever school they want?

If Coach Lynch we’re to call a parent and say we’d love to have your son come shadow for a day and then the family thinks MC is a better fit for the next four years…why should that be wrong?

It just comes off as “don’t recruit kids in my district bc I want to guarantee these kids stay in district.” BUT, if your program was good, that would guarantee the kids stay in district.
It’s wrong to recruit football players because you agree to play in an organization that doesn’t allow recruiting for sports. Does coach Lynch call the top tuba player in the local parish also? Parents can send their kid where ever they want.

It’s wrong to recruit football players because you agree to play in an organization that doesn’t allow recruiting for sports. Does coach Lynch call the top tuba player in the local parish also?
Not taking into consideration the IHSA, why should recruiting me wrong?

It’s wrong to recruit football players because you agree to play in an organization that doesn’t allow recruiting for sports. Does coach Lynch call the top tuba player in the local parish also?
People associated with every private school make visits to grade schools, put out social media posts and use a plethora of other advertising methods in an attempt to get all students (not just athletes) to consider attending their school.

It’s wrong to recruit football players because you agree to play in an organization that doesn’t allow recruiting for sports. Does coach Lynch call the top tuba player in the local parish also? Parents can send their kid where ever they want.
ESTL?

People associated with every private school make visits to grade schools, put out social media posts and use a plethora of other advertising methods in an attempt to get all students to consider attending their school.
Which is great a required to keep the doors open but that’s not really what the issue is here. It’s the recruiting that goes above and beyond that.

Which is great a required to keep the doors open but that’s not really what the issue is here. It’s the recruiting that goes above and beyond that.
Honest question….
What would be considered above and beyond that? A phone call? Shadow days? Invites to events at the school?

Honest question….
What would be considered above and beyond that? A phone call? Shadow days? Invites to events at the school?
It’s pretty well outlined in the IHSA hand book already. Some schools follow it to the letter and others treat it as a recommendation.

I talk to some private school coaches who are totally turned off by what other private schools do and I talk to some public school coaches who are turned off by what other public school coaches do. It goes both ways.

Reactions: Gene K.
It’s pretty well outlined in the IHSA hand book already. Some schools follow it to the letter and others treat it as a recommendation.

I talk to some private school coaches who are totally turned off by what other private schools do and I talk to some public school coaches who are turned off by what other public school coaches do. It goes both ways.
Not taking the IHSA into consideration…what should and should not be allowed?

Agreed

Not taking the IHSA into consideration…what should and should not be allowed?
I would allow schools to give full scholarships and do what ever they want, if they a dumb enough to give a 14 year old free tuition because they think he can carry a football to them more power to them. If the private schools form their own organization this will happen and within 10 years it will break up since most privates outside of a select few won’t be able to compete.

Maybe the Publics in question should do more to keep the kids home in the backyard. Let’s start with winning, and then maybe getting rid of the cat liter and Same Sex Bathrooms. Andrew/Stagg/Sandburg have not been even close to relevant in years, you should ask LWE and Maine South for their notebook. 🤡 🤡 🤡

As a public school guy, who cares if schools recruit? Why are others so damn butthurt? Theres plenty of talent in this state for everyone to compete who wants to put in the work. The notion privates shouldn’t be allowed to recruit students to their school is just the absolute most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.

All-girls Our Lady of Tepeyac HIgh School is 1.5 miles from Cristo Rey Jesuit High School. OLT exists because there are families who want single gender education for their girls.
Ramblin: This is a bit off the point, but OLT is a hidden gem of a school with incredible rate of grads going to college.

That’s the rub… the line between who says it’s recruiting a kid for sports or recruiting for students….. privates always recruit, they have to.

Reactions: Gene K.
If needed especially if he went to school with his dad. I don't think you realize that every administrator, staff member, teacher, alumni, and student is a recruiter for all CCL and ESCC schools. MC, SR, BR, and Marist are in competition for EVERY student. They all visit the same grade schools They all charge about the same for tuition which is about $3500 less than actual cost. The shortfall is made up by alumni donations. Every year kids come to open houses, do shadow days, and even test at the school but never make into the school because of the cost. Even when kids enroll many will leave after a year or two because of money.

As far as players go it's been well documented that a former CPS coach actively recruited off of MC and SR's rosters. Suburban coaches are always calling kids already in CCL Schools asking to look at their program. And yes if the kid is not in district they are told we will find a way. The kids are told maybe the classroom may not be so hard, and you can start on the varsity as a Jr and not have to wait till your SR year. SR had a opposing coach on their field early in the season after a game trying to recruit 8th graders that were invited to the game by SR. That's as low as you can go.

Last edited:
does the 15 mile radius apply to the publics too? Bolingbrook who’s best players don’t live in the Brook? Morgan Park who’s studs are from Markham, Harvey, Richton Park, and Merriville?? What about CPS schools that students can test into from anywhere in Chicago?Or LWE who finds apartments for good players from Orland and Tinley? Let’s not get holier than thou on the privates.
Hold on….are you insinuating that Morgan Park, or any other CPS school is not on the up and up? Blasphemy! ;)

I heard from a good Source that multiple public high school coaches from the Dupage area were contacting players A, B and C who attend private schools attempting to persuade them to transfer promising cars and free apartments.

See how this works? Enough already!
I thought you said you were done. You have proof? Stop it already. This is laughable.

• Haha
Reactions: Vincennes6410
The solution is so simple, just create a system where the private schools have their own classes. I have been in Tennessee now for almost 2 years and we have separate classes for the private schools and it works fine. I tell people here that the private schools and public schools in Illinois are in the same class and they can't believe it..

Honest question….

Based on current rules, athletics can not be mentioned during a shadow day, open house, open gym or whatever. I don't believe it is right, but those are the rules as currently written. Phone calls are allowed but athletics cannot be mentioned other than the facts to confirm if a school has a team. Tours of athletic facilities on tours are prohotibited, too.

Based on current rules, athletics can not be mentioned during a shadow day, open house, open gym or whatever. I don't believe it is right, but those are the rules as currently written. Phone calls are allowed but athletics cannot be mentioned other than the facts to confirm if a school has a team. Tours of athletic facilities on tours are prohotibited, too.
So when a certain catholic all boys high school near Stony Island let’s an eighth grader work out with the team in their weight room, that’s not allowed?

Is there a specific rule against the private varsity baseball coaches attending public junior high baseball games to discuss with parents on sidelines about athletic opportunities if they come to their school? Saw a ton of that this fall

None of this is accurate. Athletics can be mentioned, as long as it is part of a presentation that highlights all the programs a particular school offers. During open houses or shadow days, it is completely within the rules to mention athletics. In addition, it is not prohibited to tour athletic facilities.

IHSA handbook

The solution is so simple, just create a system where the private schools have their own classes. I have been in Tennessee now for almost 2 years and we have separate classes for the private schools and it works fine. I tell people here that the private schools and public schools in Illinois are in the same class and they can't believe it..
Why in God's name would private schools want to be in separate classes managed by an organization that is controlled through board governance, committees, etc by public school bureaucrats who have proven time and again that they have no freaking clue about private schools in the first place? smh

Why in God's name would private schools want to be in separate classes managed by an organization that is controlled through board governance, committees, etc by public school bureaucrats who have proven time and again that they have no freaking clue about private schools in the first place? smh
Because they do not trust each other.

Please share where this is documented by the IHSA.

Why i

Most likely money building a new organization from the ground up will be costly yes you can do it on the cheap but many of the things schools would be used to won’t be there in the new org. It will be interesting if the privates break away how many schools opt to stay with the IHSA, the common thinking on this board is they all go and I would venture to say that it’s wrong.

I would think that the top public schools don’t want separate divisions for public/private. Maine south, LWE, Batavia, etc…want to play the best come playoffs…right?

Reactions: Gene K. and Jenny27
Because they do not trust each other.
If private schools are going to be in separate classes, might as well be in their own organization. Why have the revenue from private school class playoffs go to an organization over which they have zero control? Why be subject to discriminatory policies regarding such existential matters as enrollment?

Last edited:
I would think that the top public schools don’t want separate divisions for public/private. Maine south, LWE, Batavia, etc…want to play the best come playoffs…right?
The big public schools in general don’t have a problem with the privates it’s the mid to small size school that do. The large public schools have resources most mid to small public schools don’t.

I also think if the privates left the IHSA, the IHSA level of competition would go significantly down. You’re taking a lot of great teams out of the equation and human nature would seem to think that what’s left (only publics) would lower their standards.

The big public schools in general don’t have a problem with the privates it’s the mid to small size school that do. The large public schools have resources most mid to small public schools don’t.
What resources do large publics have that mid-lower ones don’t?

Reactions: Vincennes6410
Most likely money building a new organization from the ground up will be costly yes you can do it on the cheap but many of the things schools would be used to won’t be there in the new org. It will be interesting if the privates break away how many schools opt to stay with the IHSA, the common thinking on this board is they all go and I would venture to say that it’s wrong.
You are probably right.

Remember, the NI in NIPL stands for Northern Illinois, although all Illinois private schools are welcome to enjoy the full NIPL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT