St. Teresa (H) 14-0
Centralia (A) 6-5
St. Dominic (H) (MO.) 8-6
Marquette (H) 0-9
Collinsville (A) 9-2
Mater Dei (H) 4-5
Granite City (H) 1-8
Du-Pec (N-IWU) 8-3
They'll get a much softer St. Teresa this year. I'm unsure what Collinsville returns but I know it's due time for Mater Dei to have a solid squad again. QND didn't have as much trouble with John Burroughs as we initially anticipated last year either.

IMO, Althoff should have zero concerns for making the playoffs or finding 5 wins... And they're going 2A.......?

All.... Roamin', not at the start when the eight classifications come out before the season begins but where the Raiders and Crusaders land when the playoff qualifiers are announced will be very interesting.

Althoff is 288.50 and QND 378.50 with the multiplier waiver. Postseason numbers in 2022 1A -156.50 - 315.00 and 2A- 316.00-423.00. Ratsy

Reactions: Gene K.
All.... Roamin', not at the start when the eight classifications come out before the season begins but where the Raiders and Crusaders land when the playoff qualifiers are announced will be very interesting.

Althoff is 288.50 and QND 378.50 with the multiplier waiver. Postseason numbers in 2022 1A -156.50 - 315.00 and 2A- 316.00-423.00. Ratsy
Well I suppose I could give you a solid report on the Crusaders come week 10 or 11... I can already see the brackets... QND, BMD, Althoff in the same quad. The IHSA loves when we make it easy for them. :p

• Haha
Reactions: crusader_of_90
All.... Gateway Sports Venue does a great job. I met one of their staff John Hough at a home SHG game several years ago. He films usually playoff games in that specific area. I believe he did the Waterloo/SHG game a 20 minute video.

Would like to see GSV do some regular season games if the Crusaders looks to be as good as advertised. Ratsy

Excited to return home when Althoff is on the rise, but those damned Cardinals are giving me fits! Thank Goodness the Central sucks so much - we are only eight games back.
Think the division will keep them from selling the house? Idk how some of these FO guys and coaches have jobs. Wasting the back end of Goldy's prime and Nado's current prime should be enough to kick them out of the league. Sell the AAA-quality bullpen, make Cleveland an offer they can't refuse on Bieber. Or go get Stroman like they should have in FA before he signed with the Mets.

why does it seem like they put together a really good squad every like 8 years - marion fan
We used to be most of the time in the Schott years. We played the world and if we got into the playoffs, we'd have decent success.

Then Turner was hired over Stiebel ... and since I do not want the thread to be deleted, I will not say more.

Current Coach Frazier played under Schott, who some folks say "brought more Brothers to Belleville than the Bi-State bus."

Seems Frazier has the same ability to attract Black athletes to the program, ironically. They are back.

Reactions: paulie23
I think Turner's best seasons were about the same time Althoff had a great basketball run.
A second-place in 2015 (3A), a state title in 2016 (3A) and a really good team in 2017 that was derailed by an injury to All-State player Jordan Goodwin and a bump to 4A where they had to contend with a top-ranked Edwardsville team.
Many of the same players were the standouts on both teams, having gathered together to make a run in basketball which also translated to a lot of football success.

I think Turner's best seasons were about the same time Althoff had a great basketball run.
A second-place in 2015 (3A), a state title in 2016 (3A) and a really good team in 2017 that was derailed by an injury to All-State player Jordan Goodwin and a bump to 4A where they had to contend with a top-ranked Edwardsville team.
Many of the same players were the standouts on both teams, having gathered together to make a run in basketball which also translated to a lot of football success.
This is all correct. They had some Dudes those years.

If Althoff makes 1A, watch out. The last time they were in 2A, they made the finals and quarters with team's which were not that good. Do we pencil-in an Althoff vs . Le-Win final?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT