ADVERTISEMENT

All Class 4A State Title Game talk here

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Please keep all of your 4A IHSA State Title game talk and observations here please! Easier for all of us to follow along I'll be added the remaining classes for each day here.

Quarterfinals my sophomore year we are missing a two year starter quarterback and three-year starter at middle linebacker. Guys from my class filled in the starters. It had been raining. All week, raining. Took the bus ride early Saturday morning to Murphysboro. Their field is a complete mud pit.

Tight game, there were some homer calls, but that’s not the point. End of the game, we’re down 7 to 9, and we have an excellent kicker. Snap goes back, Hickey’s the holder,And he decides to try to run it in. The holder always has the decision, if it’s a bad snap, to do that, I never knew for sure if that was his call or not. We lost the game.

R/B was beyond impressive in beating IC and completely dismantling CC. Their C game will be enough tonight.

Getting sideways now. Not much reason to keep watching unless you have family playing or you are playing the “Richard Burton” drinking game with your buddies.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
I will always give the players the credit first for a win. They’re the ones who play the game. Having said that, I was able to follow coach Noll when he was coaching Glenbrook South. An absolutely fantastic coach and a true gentleman. He took a perennial loser in Glenbrook South ( no offense) and turned them into a consistent playoff team year in and out. Once he resigned, GS went back to their losing ways. He also had 140 wins or so at McHenry before GS. I’m happy for him winning his first state title tonight.

I’m close to watching the end of The Irishman.
I’m having trouble getting through the Irishman. It really drags and it’s weird having Pacino, Pesce and De Niro playing guys much younger than them. Dialogue ain’t great either.

I can’t believe these guys knocked out BMac.
I see your point.... Mac seemed to get winded second half of CC game...I can see MB running around alot on some teams, wearing them down...and with a few turnovers?... I don't know..

I’m having trouble getting through the Irishman. It really drags and it’s weird having Pacino, Pesce and De Niro playing guys much younger than them. Dialogue ain’t great either.
Seeing Bobby D act like a tough guy is a stretch now. He was stomping that dude and I bet he hurt himself more than he actually could have hurt his victim. It’s not great by any stretch.

I see your point.... Mac seemed to get winded second half of CC game...I can see MB running around alot on some teams, wearing them down...and with a few turnovers?... I don't know..
Macs problem was they weren’t deep enough. Talented but they play too many guys both ways

This game is bringing back haunting memories of last Saturday afternoon lol

Yeah I think Murphy isn’t bad per se. They have some decent skill kids. R-B is just really good. Murphy just looks kinda gimmicky.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Yeah I think Murphy isn’t bad per se. They have some decent skill kids. R-B is just really good. Murphy just looks kinda gimmicky.
I like the QB rollouts though and dumping short passes on those mesh routes..they have good overall team speed...

I like the QB rollouts though and dumping short passes on those mesh routes..they have good overall team speed...

Yeah I thought early on they couldn’t deal with RB up front. They should’ve been getting McZeke (great name) outside the pocket to tray and make plays. They tried too many inside runs early and it got away. That and not stopping RB once on defense... lol

Reactions: Curtain 25
Seeing Bobby D act like a tough guy is a stretch now. He was stomping that dude and I bet he hurt himself more than he actually could have hurt his victim. It’s not great by any stretch.
That’s funny because it’s so true. I was thinking the same thing watching that scene. This movie did not flow well.

Yeah, a certain orange complexioned guy fears him too LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT