ADVERTISEMENT

All Class 1A State Title Game talk here

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Please keep all of your 1A IHSA State Title game talk and observations here please! Easier for all of us to follow along I'll be added the remaining classes for each day here.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Saw A&M earlier this year vs Decatur St Teresa. They looked pretty solid, but this is not the start they were looking for.

I’m speaking generally - these IHSA refs have been abysmal this year. That Bruce kid tackled an A&M kid on their second TD. No call. A&M returns a kick and it’s called back for some bs holding call.

Not trying to start anything, but I have mixed feelings about a 1A team having the size & weight to be comparable to a CCL / ESCC team.

Lena-Winslow
A 6'2" 275 lb running back? And not even their best back?
An OL / DL averaging 245 lbs.

Central A&M has a 6'5" QB that can run.

Last edited:
I’m speaking generally - these IHSA refs have been abysmal this year. That Bruce kid tackled an A&M kid on their second TD. No call. A&M returns a kick and it’s called back for some bs holding call.
So are you new to IHSA football? Sadly the refs are getting older and the game is getting faster it’s not a good mix and won’t get any better

So are you new to IHSA football? Sadly the refs are getting older and the game is getting faster it’s not a good mix and won’t get any better
Brand spanking new! Again, I am speaking generally. There are some very good refs, but this year has seemed worse than most.

Reactions: EdgyTim
Not trying to start anything, but I have mixed feelings about a 1A team having the size & weight to be comparable to a CCL / ESCC team.

Lena-Winslow
A 6'2" 275 lb running back? And not even their best back?
An OL / DL averaging 245 lbs.

Central A&M has a 6'5" QB that can run.
I was just thinking that this is the biggest 1A team I have ever seen.

Reactions: Schwab54
Never thought
If A&M at this stage maybe just abandon the run game and spread out the Lena D? Asking for a friend
I never thought about it this way. Makes sense. I noticed this with my son’s BGYFL team. Just seems like most of the guys stopped really caring. Too busy chirping with idiot parents and not focusing on the game. Seems like refs these days in IL are a bit more hyper-sensitive to criticism. I understand that parents are getting crazier, but thick skin is a prerequisite.

I anticipate the following retort:

Why don’t you become a ref Bowie?

A: No, because it sucks.

A&M needs to make Defensive adjustments at half. They have proved they can score, they just need how to figure to get Lena in some 3 and outs. Easier said than done though

Reactions: EdgyTim
The KO return penalty and not recovering that fumble are big. Otherwise A&M is right there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT