ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Henning

True freshmen AJ Henning got 2 touches for 20 yards in Michigan's road win in Minnesota last night. He caught the ball on a bubble-screen early in the game and later had a nice run on a jet-sweep.
Congrats AJ!

Pretty amazing be a true frosh getting on field like that at Michigan. Have to think McCarthy great shot as well next Fall.

Reactions: Gene K.
I have a feeling Harbagugh gets fired and JJ ends up somewhere else.
Was also going to post this. Going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out if Michigan keeps losing games it should win.

They are looking at 4-4 at best this season maybe even 3-5 with OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Indiana left on the schedule. They were maybe the 5th best team in the Big Ten when he arrived and hard to say they are any better.

I think JJ will stay with Michigan and don't feel this loss with get Harbaugh canned. There is a lot of talent on the Michigan roster!

Regardless of what happens with Harbaugh, I think there will be an open competition at the QB spot next year.
The nod probably goes to Milton while McCarthy learns the system and then takes over the following season.
Henning was again productive with his 2 touches vs Sparty.

Reactions: caravan8
If Michigan loses 3-4 games this season I think Harbaugh gets fired. In that scenario all the QB’s would be learning a new system.

Regardless of what happens with Harbaugh, I think there will be an open competition at the QB spot next year.
The nod probably goes to Milton while McCarthy learns the system and then takes over the following season.
Henning was again productive with his 2 touches vs Sparty.
JJ coming in January so he get a leg up. I think Harbaugh stays if he locks up some solid 2021s & 2022s, a few who reside in Illinois. what is the alternative if he gets fired, Urban Meyer isn't taking the job?...does Lane Kiffin jump ship again (ha!) or maybe even some Alabama flavor in Steve Sarkisian?

Michigan is now 1-3 against MSU when playing in Ann Arbor during Harbaugh's tenure and the Spartans have not exactly been world-beaters during that stretch.

JJ coming in January so he get a leg up. I think Harbaugh stays if he locks up some solid 2021s & 2022s, a few who reside in Illinois. what is the alternative if he gets fired, Urban Meyer isn't taking the job?...does Lane Kiffin jump ship again (ha!) or maybe even some Alabama flavor in Steve Sarkisian?
If Michigan would be coach-shopping, I wonder how long the line would be for the job as the trajectory of the Big Blue trends down, even though they still can attract some blue-chip players. And who would populate those applicants? Anybody with some high-profile D1 cold-weather head coaching experience on their resume? Someone from one of the non-Power 5 conferences where the over/under on games is up in the 80s and 90s? Mike "Suitcase" Leach? The Wolverines might go with an OC or DC from a fellow Power 5 conference school? I'll stop ... getting way too far ahead.

True freshmen AJ Henning got 2 touches for 20 yards in Michigan's road win in Minnesota last night. He caught the ball on a bubble-screen early in the game and later had a nice run on a jet-sweep.
Congrats AJ!
and 4 of AJ's Griffin teammates were in action against each other as well in week 1 (or 2?) 2 Griffins on offense at Iowa vs 2 Griffins on defense at Northwestern!!!

and 4 of AJ's Griffin teammates were in action against each other as well in week 1 (or 2?) 2 Griffins on offense at Iowa vs 2 Griffins on defense at Northwestern!!!

It’s great to see the Griffins playing at the D-1 level. My opinion is AJ needs to be used more. He is an exciting player that can break one anytime.
Go Griffins!

Henning got his first start today as a Michigan Wolverine. While the outcome was not what Michigan fans had hoped for, AJ made a spectacular catch to extend a drive in the second half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT