ADVERTISEMENT

A simple thank you...

Horsefeather

Jun 22, 2001
Well, it's been a minute. Some of you may remember me when I was a bit more active in Edgyworld... some of you may not and that's cool too. Either way, I wanted to take a minute to give a public shout out to Edgy that is very long overdue.

Twenty years ago this past week, my 18 month old son, Devin, lost his battle with a brain tumor. Devin's battle was very public. I was coaching at Morris Community High School at the time and my wife & I were very upfront about our situation. I had been a fairly solid contributor to Edgy's site from its inception, but had never met the man. We had chatted over email & on the forums, but nothing beyond that. As we were hosting the visitation for our son, my wife saw someone in line to pay their respects that she didn't recognize.

And neither did I... until he asked me, "Do you know who I am?"

It just clicked and I said, "Edgytim". We shook hands, hugged, and he explained how he felt like he had to come down to Morris and pay his respects. All I could think was... why is this guy here? He doesn't have any reason to be here, but here he is.

The answer is really simple... Edgy's got character in spades.

At some point after that, a friend of mine said, "Have you been on Edgy's site lately?" I hadn't. I log in and Edgy had renamed this forum in remembrance of my son for the 2001 football season. Totally unsolicited, totally unnecessary, and totally humbling.

Like I said, character.

I don't post this looking for sympathy, but just to remember the genuine thought and character of a man who took his site... his livelihood... and helped to divide the grief that my wife and I were experiencing.

Twenty years later, Edgy.... & your actions are still appreciated more than you know. Thank you, my friend.

Well, it's been a minute. Some of you may remember me when I was a bit more active in Edgyworld... some of you may not and that's cool too. Either way, I wanted to take a minute to give a public shout out to Edgy that is very long overdue.

Twenty years ago this past week, my 18 month old son, Devin, lost his battle with a brain tumor. Devin's battle was very public. I was coaching at Morris Community High School at the time and my wife & I were very upfront about our situation. I had been a fairly solid contributor to Edgy's site from its inception, but had never met the man. We had chatted over email & on the forums, but nothing beyond that. As we were hosting the visitation for our son, my wife saw someone in line to pay their respects that she didn't recognize.

It just clicked and I said, "Edgytim". We shook hands, hugged, and he explained how he felt like he had to come down to Morris and pay his respects. All I could think was... why is this guy here? He doesn't have any reason to be here, but here he is.

At some point after that, a friend of mine said, "Have you been on Edgy's site lately?" I hadn't. I log in and Edgy had renamed this forum in remembrance of my son for the 2001 football season. Totally unsolicited, totally unnecessary, and totally humbling.

Like I said, character.

I don't post this looking for sympathy, but just to remember the genuine thought and character of a man who took his site... his livelihood... and helped to divide the grief that my wife and I were experiencing.

Twenty years later, Edgy.... & your actions are still appreciated more than you know. Thank you, my friend.
Love you my friend....and it's all about being there for a friend in a time of need....I still think of and remember Devin to this day....make sure to always reach out and be there....and like I've said for years I've received so many more blessing 1000 times over than I've paid back from this stupid site....

Like I said, character.

I recall those days, Charlie. Sad, to be sure. But, the board really came together and supported you during Devin's struggle and passing from this world into the next. It was a great feeling of community and dare I say family.

Blessings to you and yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT