ADVERTISEMENT

A Nice & Classy Touch

tmjgrady

Oct 5, 2015
Not sure how many schools do this still today, but I really enjoy the pre-game show that the York band performs. They take the time to learn the opponent's fight song and the first thing they do before the National Anthem is to march towards the visiting stands and perform their song - and with some spirit and zest to boot. I just think it is kinda cool and rarely done these days
Stay Classy York!!

Glenbard East did this for years, they had a great band. No clue if they still do this.

Marist also does a nice job of welcoming their opponent - the band does not perform the visiting fight song but the PA guy always has a a few kind words about the opposing school and does a nice welcome message to them/for them - and then hands it off to either a priest or a brother for a pre-game prayer -- that is common among the Catholic schools, not unique -- but he spends a few extra seconds to bless the visitors as well and makes them feel welcome to Marist - just my observation

Come on Bones the best thing about going to a Sandbag game is the running clock
We dont get too many running clocks @ Sandburg. Lot of interesting calls by the officials in Orland Park. But the band jams, I'll grant them that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT