ADVERTISEMENT

A Great Choice at Saint Ignatius

HRCJR

Jun 30, 2014
Congrats to Coach Miller!

Matt Miller Tapped as Saint Ignatius College Prep Head Football Coach
Chicago, IL – December 15, 2017

The administration of Saint Ignatius College Prep is pleased to announce that Matt Miller has been
named the new Head Football Coach at Saint Ignatius effective immediately. Coach Miller served as the Interim Head Football Coach at Saint Ignatius during the 2017 season.

Paul Ickes, Saint Ignatius Athletic Director commented, “I am very glad to remove the word interim
from Matt's title. Coach Miller accomplished amazing things this past season, especially given the short time frame he had to prepare for summer camp and the 2017 campaign.”

Coach Miller led the varsity team to a second straight Catholic League White Division Co-Championship, a third consecutive trip to the IHSA playoffs, and a berth in the Prep Bowl championship game for the first time in the history of the school. Coach Miller was also selected as the Tony Lawless Award winner as the MVP Coach in the CCL White Division for the most recent football season.

When asked about his new role at Saint Ignatius, Miller said, “I am really excited to be named the head football coach at Saint Ignatius College Prep. During my three years with the program thus far—two years as an assistant coach and this past year as the interim head coach—I have seen the progression we have made as a football program during that time.

I look forward to the challenge of continuing to build the program into a perennial contender in the Chicago Catholic League and to hopefully make some deeper runs in the IHSA state playoffs. Finally, I am thankful to Saint Ignatius for giving me this opportunity, to the staff and football players that I have coached and will coach, and to my family, especially my father Mike, who coaches with me, my wife Annie, and my daughter Matilda, who support me in countless ways.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT