ADVERTISEMENT

8a Game

The turnovers were the story of the game I thought. 10 points off turnovers for LA.

Rice QB needed to put a little touch on those deep balls. Throws like Cam Newton, everything is an 85 mph fastball

It kinda looked like to me that he was trying to get rid of the ball before he got hit again. How many sacks did LA have? They got ALOT of pressure on the BR QB and BR did not have a running game to fall back on.

It kinda looked like to me that he was trying to get rid of the ball before he got hit again. How many sacks did LA have? They got ALOT of pressure on the BR QB and BR did not have a running game to fall back on.

I agree that both teams did a great job bringing the heat. But if a qb can’t step into the throw it would tend to float...at least I think it would.
Kid was throwing lasers. Sometimes that’s what is needed to get TD ball into a seam. He’s got a great arm, but think a little more touch on a few of those would have served him well. The fade and fly routes his receivers had no chance other than that one early.

Congrats to the Ramblers! Most had the team written off with their rocky start but they regrouped and came back to take it all.

Hats off to the BR Crusaders. They had an excellent season and played a great game.

Congrats to Loyola for slaying the Beast, then avenging the earlier drubbing from Rice.
Ramblers played a great game tonight.

Many congrats to Loyola...Wow...LA took an early lead and just played a better game. #58 for Rice played his ass off...Bean is a tough kid and left it all on the field but when it became apparent that his injury was not helping the team he should have been taken out. Congrats to both teams.

Damn if you do and damned if you don’t
Taking bean out would of been like the scene at the end of Hoosiers when coach was going to use jimmy as a decoy

Understood and obviously
Bean is the heart and soul
And if you put the backup in and he lays an egg
What would you be posting, then?
We’ve had our differences. This has nothing to with what you might think, I swear this on my 4 kids. What what we be saying if he went to Smyth and he layed an egg? I can’t speak for others but I’d be saying he used all of his available resources. Bean is a tough SOB but he couldn’t do anymore and anyone who watched the game saw that. He couldn’t run, which is his strength and he couldn’t push off and pass accurately. That’s when you give him a hug, tell how much he means to the team but we are going with the healthy QB and you tell him to go support him like he supported you and you see what happens because keeping him in there all but secured the loss.

Congrats to Loyola, they played better than us tonight. Pleasure seeing you again tonight Edgy. That group of BR seniors was a special group.

I’m actually not thinking anything
Wish it was as easy as you make it seem

Last edited:
Congrats to LA on a great game. They were 100% the better team today.

Always tough when injuries come into play. As Loyola has pushed through all season.

For those of you who have seen Bean play this season this game was hard to watch.

All state / all catholic league player who clearly was holding back the offense. (LA defense deserves 90% of the credit here.) Not by his effort but by his play due to injury.

His typical 3rd down runs turned into over throws and sacks.

To the rice seniors thanks for the best run in the past 30 + years.

We’ve had our differences. This has nothing to with what you might think, I swear this on my 4 kids. What what we be saying if he went to Smyth and he layed an egg? I can’t speak for others but I’d be saying he used all of his available resources. Bean is a tough SOB but he couldn’t do anymore and anyone who watched the game saw that. He couldn’t run, which is his strength and he couldn’t push off and pass accurately. That’s when you give him a hug, tell how much he means to the team but we are going with the healthy QB and you tell him to go support him like he supported you and you see what happens because keeping him in there all but secured the loss.

Great points. Sucks it had to come to that decision. Hats off to Loyola. 8a state champs.

You really have to applaud LA for righting the ship and pulling this off. You don't have to applaud them for taking the yardage allowed in the 8A championship record. That was unnecessary.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
Injured ankle cmon
Guy could barely walk after the Marist game. He had zero rushes in the second half last week. I know he didn't practice at least one day this week. Not sure if a healthy #2 results in a different outcome but we'll never know. Hats off to LA for a great run.

I agree McCaravan on your thoughts about Bean's play today. I didn't realize he was playing hurt. I did notice on his early throws he was really swinging his back leg around. Told the Mrs ( who also serves as my assistant QB coach ) he'd better get that back leg planted or there was trouble down the road. Tough kid, give him credit for gutting it out. But I guess that's typical CCL player, 100% all in. Congrats to both team on their seasons

Congrats to both teams for putting on a classic State Final. To those who not familiar with the CCL Blue football yesterday’s game is a classic rivalry game. Hard hitting and fighting for every inch. As is every week in conference. It a shame that anyone had to lose. Great turnabout for BR after last season. Coach Holecek said yesterday LA had been in play off mode since the 3-3 start. And welcome to our ESCC brothers. The next couple of years should be very interesting.

Last edited:
Guy could barely walk after the Marist game. He had zero rushes in the second half last week. I know he didn't practice at least one day this week. Not sure if a healthy #2 results in a different outcome but we'll never know. Hats off to LA for a great run.
I’m not saying he wasn’t hurt. Just don’t bring it up now. I bet you Bean isn’t using it as an excuse.

Reactions: Gene K.
LA did what MS did in 2016. They grinded it out! MS went from the worst team in a decade to champions. Major props to the LA staff for not panicking and for instilling the belief that they were still a great team. I think titles like these teach everyone in the program a lot. Never quit, next man up and always believe in yourself. Great job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT