ADVERTISEMENT

8 Proposals PASSED IHSA

Will love to hear how Proposal #8 is interpreted.

Can coaches coach at a High School and run their own training businesses? Can they coach High School and be paid AAU coaches?

Will love to hear how Proposal #8 is interpreted.

Can coaches coach at a High School and run their own training businesses? Can they coach High School and be paid AAU coaches?
It's vague. Not sure how it can even be policed. O'Brien did article, people are not happy for sure. I think it's meant to be more of - you can't hire an outside coach affiliated with a club in return of getting players associated with that private club to transfer because of said hire. Not sure this is a huge issue in football. Could be in basketball and baseball.

It's vague. Not sure how it can even be policed. O'Brien did article, people are not happy for sure. I think it's meant to be more of - you can't hire an outside coach affiliated with a club in return of getting players associated with that private club to transfer because of said hire. Not sure this is a huge issue in football. Could be in basketball and baseball.
Also keeps club coaches off of sidelines, which protects opposing players from being kicked.

Exactly. It’s a basketball, baseball and girls volleyball issue and will be near impossible to police and prove but I’m sure they will be up to their necks investigating allegations.

They will have to prove that the coach was hired and specifically came attached with players or promise/guarantee of said players. If they hire a youth or travel team coach and a player says he went to that school because of their experience and relationship with that coach, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If that coach promised if you hire me I will guarantee these players and you can PROVE IT, there might be a case. But it’s not what you know, it’s what you can prove, and it will be very difficult to do.

Last edited:
Any boom guys coaching high school still?
HEROH has a bunch of high school coaches involved, not sure what other 7 on 7 programs have high school coaches

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT