ADVERTISEMENT

7A: Wheaton North Falcons vs St. Rita Mustangs

Completely false
Rice runs the same things at each level
So you're saying the defense that couldn't line up properly until week seven has been running the same defense for the past three years?

Since Brian left the building, the lower levels haven't been on the same page. It's not entirely his fault, but when talent fails to deliver, the writing is on the wall.

Thank you for your brother's service, but this is a mutually beneficial split.

So you're saying the defense that couldn't line up properly until week seven has been running the same defense for the past three years?

Since Brian left the building, the lower levels haven't been on the same page. It's not entirely his fault, but when talent fails to deliver, the writing is on the wall.

Thank you for your brother's service, but this is a mutually beneficial split.
Yes they run the same d and o
And for the 20th time I’m not badke brother
What writing is on the wall my friend?

They were one of biggest schools in 7A smallest in 8A
Depends on what teams qualify with what enrollment

Big stretch. Decade ago low present high.
Huge Congrats to the WN boys for a great win, and the SR boys for a great season.
As for the SR fans that were tailgating…. Unfortunately it was too dark to take many pics of the cans and bottles thrown all over the side of the hill in the parking lot. We were pretty embarrassed for you.

Reactions: FalconPadre
Huge Congrats to the WN boys for a great win, and the SR boys for a great season.
As for the SR fans that were tailgating…. Unfortunately it was too dark to take many pics of the cans and bottles thrown all over the side of the hill in the parking lot. We were pretty embarrassed for you.
Don’t worry the NIU Maintence crew has a ton of SR alumni

I was hoping Kuska would have used KB way more - like in every other play. A once in a decade kid and not usedi effectively in order to win.

Reactions: MonetaMitch
SR Coaches were out coached...again. 2 State Finals appearances and 2 lack luster showings. I know Derek Leonard is a great coach, and WN HC has a career record of 75-49 before this season at WN. The amount f talent SR has had in their last 2 state finals appearances is staggering. Not being able to seal the deal doesn't show well when recruiting against other CCL schools.

Reactions: MonetaMitch
SR Coaches were out coached...again. 2 State Finals appearances and 2 lack luster showings. I know Derek Leonard is a great coach, and WN HC has a career record of 75-49 before this season at WN. The amount f talent SR has had in their last 2 state finals appearances is staggering. Not being able to seal the deal doesn't show well when recruiting against other CCL schools.

During the broadcast they said he has had 75 D1 players in the 25 years he has been there, is that true?

Some of us were too busy finding medical attention for 2 MS kids who were heavily intoxicated and needed assistance.

If you know who they are, tell them they are welcome.

During the broadcast they said he has had 75 D1 players in the 25 years he has been there, is that true?
They normally have at least 2 D1 players per class, sometimes more so absolutely possible. Not all Power 5 guys but MAC, Dayton, etc. They should have about 6 more State Championship trophies in their case at school, and that’s going back to the Wernet days as well. @RockSoup this isn’t a dig in anyway but just a fact they’ve had some of the strongest teams in the State over the past 4 decades.

Some of us were too busy finding medical attention for 2 MS kids who were heavily intoxicated and needed assistance.

If you know who they are, tell them they are welcome.
Thank you! I’d love to find out!

I was hoping Kuska would have used KB way more - like in every other play. A once in a decade kid and not usedi effectively in order to win.

Does anyone know why KB, a player perhaps as talented as LB3, wasn't used more often? Maybe the injury not completely healed?

Does anyone know why KB, a player perhaps as talented as LB3, wasn't used more often? Maybe the injury not completely healed?
Seems like this has been the case all 3 years as a varsity player. At least in the handful of SR. games I watched each year. Granted the last 2 have been completely screwed up for the kid. He’s obviously a tremendous talent, just about every D-1 program wanted him.

He had 8 grabs for over 100 yards and the QB probably targeted him 3 or 4 other and missed or got sacked. He had a few carries. I actually thought they abandoned the run and focused on him too much.
He was lined up at RB quite a bit in the second half too?

Reactions: chakazulu89
So, you all really thought he was not used enough? I can tell you that they were trying to use him & target him way more than the previous games he came back in.

He had 8 grabs for over 100 yards and the QB probably targeted him 3 or 4 other and missed or got sacked. He had a few carries. I actually thought they abandoned the run and focused on him too much.
facts... He was targeted more than that

I know a little bit about high school football but very little about St. Rita and almost nothing about player evaluations. So feel free to correct me where I am wrong.

I understand Kaleb Brown is committed to Ohio State so clearly he must have ability. In the couple of games I've seen him play he flashed excellent speed and good hands. But I'm wondering, did Ohio State recruit him to be a cornerback? At 5'11" it would seem he is too short to be a Power Five wide receiver and at 180 pounds too light to be a running-back. Plus, and I'm just being honest here, he didn't seem nearly as elusive as Luther Burden nor as hard to bring down. Does anyone have any knowledge as to what the Buckeyes have planned for him?

was in KB covering WN number four? KB would have shut him down.
I know a little bit about high school football but very little about St. Rita and almost nothing about player evaluations. So feel free to correct me where I am wrong.

I understand Kaleb Brown is committed to Ohio State so clearly he must have ability. In the couple of games I've seen him play he flashed excellent speed and good hands. But I'm wondering, did Ohio State recruit him to be a cornerback? At 5'11" it would seem he is too short to be a Power Five wide receiver and at 180 pounds too light to be a running-back. Plus, and I'm just being honest here, he didn't seem nearly as elusive as Luther Burden nor as hard to bring down. Does anyone have any knowledge as to what the Buckeyes have planned for him?

He should’ve played some defense and covered Wheaton North No. 4. That might’ve changed the game.

• Haha
Reactions: chakazulu89
They normally have at least 2 D1 players per class, sometimes more so absolutely possible. Not all Power 5 guys but MAC, Dayton, etc. They should have about 6 more State Championship trophies in their case at school, and that’s going back to the Wernet days as well. @RockSoup this isn’t a dig in anyway but just a fact they’ve had some of the strongest teams in the State over the past 4 decades.
I wonder now if the soft side of the playoff bracket Saint Rita had worked against them when it came time for the championship game.

I wonder now if the soft side of the playoff bracket Saint Rita had worked against them when it came time for the championship game.

How did it work against them it allowed them to get a trophy they wouldn’t have gotten on the other side of the bracket.

MC, BR, Batavia and WN in the same side of the bracket was just unbelievable. The only team on SR side of the bracket that I thought might have given them a challenge was Hersey and they got blown out in the first round. Rita had way too much talent for any team on that side of the bracket to seriously contend with them. And if the teams I mentioned flip flopped with Rita they get the layup to the State game.

Reactions: Topiary
I thought after watching Brown as a sophomore running back against LA that it would serve Rita well to keep him in the backfield. He would be able to get 25 plus carries behind a talented o line. it would of been tough to stop for any defense. We’ll never know.

Reactions: Gene K.

OSU typically has a combo player that plays in the slot, does fly sweeps, returns kicks, etc… The NFL does that with players like Deebo Samuel. OSU/ Urban Meyer system has put a few in the league from that role like Curtis Samuel, Percy Harvin, Paris Campbell.

Reactions: Alexander32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT