Prospect over SCN
Hersey over Dekalb
Lake Zurich over Hononegah

Semis
Prospect over Mt. Carmel
Hersey over LZ

Finals

Hersey over Prospect

There's no way Prospect beats SCN. It looks like Prospect has put a ton of points up this year, but their conference is almost always top-heavy. SCN are Dukane champs and are on a roll. (Beat Geneva, WN and Batavia all playoff teams)

Quarters
Mt. Carmel over Bradley
Prospect over SCN
Hersey over Dekalb
Lake Zurich over Hononegah

Semis
Prospect over Mt. Carmel
Hersey over LZ

Finals

Hersey over Prospect
Lol, you must live somewhere off of Euclid and Rand Rd. I also am a MSL alum from Hersey. Sadly these teams don't stress defense enough to be successful this time of year. Hersey unfortunately, will most likely be traveling to Batavia in round 2 and that should be a problem. While Coach Nelson has put together the best defense we have seen there in school history it hasn't played anyone good enough outside of Prospect to really test their mettle. No shot in hell LZ gets past Wheaton North in round 2. I have been saying all year LZ doesn't have enough to beat good teams in a win or go home scenario and I will be proven correct in 2 weeks. Mt. Carmel shouldn't even be tested on their road to a title sadly. That's a whole different argument/thread in itself

I expect Mount Carmel to be tested by several teams. Those pesky crusaders of Br. Rice would like nothing more than to ruin our season. SCN has ruined our season before and from what I understand isn’t too shabby. Heresy has blown out everyone all year, and Batavia was not shy with their emotions after last years 2nd round. Deep down, I’m hoping we cross paths with them again. That could be fun.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Lol, you must live somewhere off of Euclid and Rand Rd. I also am a MSL alum from Hersey. Sadly these teams don't stress defense enough to be successful this time of year. Hersey unfortunately, will most likely be traveling to Batavia in round 2 and that should be a problem. While Coach Nelson has put together the best defense we have seen there in school history it hasn't played anyone good enough outside of Prospect to really test their mettle. No shot in hell LZ gets past Wheaton North in round 2. I have been saying all year LZ doesn't have enough to beat good teams in a win or go home scenario and I will be proven correct in 2 weeks. Mt. Carmel shouldn't even be tested on their road to a title sadly. That's a whole different argument/thread in itself
Interesting on Prospect/Hersey… those are two really intriguing teams to me. I kept seeing a lotta points their offenses would put up on scoreboards, but never watched the tape. A lot of good records up in that area between them and Palatine in 8A.

From my gut feel, it seems like Prospect and Hersey could hang with the DuKane teams but well see. 7A just has that MSL vs Dukane vs Mt Carmel feel to me, and I don’t mean that to discredit any teams or other teams chances of winning it all.

I expect Mount Carmel to be tested by several teams. Those pesky crusaders of Br. Rice would like nothing more than to ruin our season. SCN has ruined our season before and from what I understand isn’t too shabby. Heresy has blown out everyone all year, and Batavia was not shy with their emotions after last years 2nd round. Deep down, I’m hoping we cross paths with them again. That could be fun.
I'd be shocked if BR is standing there in the quarters by the time MC gets there

Last edited:
Why? You gave us quite a scare a few weeks ago. You are battle tested. Unless your injuries have piled up I’d be surprised not to see you for a second scrum in the quarterfinals

Why? You gave us quite a scare a few weeks ago. You are battle tested. Unless your injuries have piled up I’d be surprised not to see you for a second scrum in the quarterfinals
Based on what was reported here, there are some injuries. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see another rematch.

Mike Donatucci is their DC. I'd say he stresses defense fairly well
Know Tucci well. Stress versus execute is a fine line. While I am certainly rooting for the mid suburban league teams to do well history bears out they're not going to win a 17 to 14 game against these Catholic league teams and many of the West suburban teams.

Don't sleep on Pekin... They are way better then you think and got great shot to make it to Quarterfinals and after that whoever is better that day and I like their shot

It’s funny I’ve been around here long enough to remember the last time the MC guys laughed at Prospect, how did that turn out?

I'm not a Prospect or an MC guy (I'm a Viator guy, and live in Mount Prospect).

I've seen MC and Prospect both in person this year. Prospect is a really good team, but they're no where close to the level of MC. The past has nothing to do with it.

It’s funny I’ve been around here long enough to remember the last time the MC guys laughed at Prospect, how did that turn out?
Most of the players now weren't born when that happened. That was 4 Presidents ago and the Sox were coming off a WS Title! I don't think any MC fan will be taking Prospect for granted, they made the semis last year and are very good. Lets wait a few weeks and see if it even happens.

Most of the players now weren't born when that happened. That was 4 Presidents ago and the Sox were coming off a WS Title! I don't think any MC fan will be taking Prospect for granted, they made the semis last year and are very good. Lets wait a few weeks and see if it even happens.

And Pearlman's coaching the defense over at Elk Grove now anyway. Shored up the defense and they went from 3-6 to 7-2.

Hononegah won't make it past 2nd round, and I don't see LZ getting past WN

Interesting on Prospect/Hersey… those are two really intriguing teams to me. I kept seeing a lotta points their offenses would put up on scoreboards, but never watched the tape. A lot of good records up in that area between them and Palatine in 8A.

From my gut feel, it seems like Prospect and Hersey could hang with the DuKane teams but well see. 7A just has that MSL vs Dukane vs Mt Carmel feel to me, and I don’t mean that to discredit any teams or other teams chances of winning it all.

DuKane is very down this year. Wouldn't be surprised is Wheaton North loses in the first round. Def wont get past quarters

Prospect and Hersey are both very good teams. I don’t think either of them can hang with Mt Carmel but I expect both to comfortably make the Elite 8. I have them both in my Final 4 along with Wheaton North and Mt Carmel and then MC over Hersey in the title game.

St. Rita could test Prospect pretty good in Round 2. Should be a good game, don't think its a guaranteed win for either team.

The DuKane conference is down this year?

Come on, seriously? Is the FVC down too?
StN was much improved, Geneva was slightly better but outside of those two every other DuKane team took a pretty sizable step back this year. They have good records but the product on the field isn’t as good.

StN was much improved, Geneva was slightly better but outside of those two every other DuKane team took a pretty sizable step back this year. They have good records but the product on the field isn’t as good.
Wow. Thank you.

GBN and WWS were the only teams that took "sizeable" steps backward and to be honest, GBN is usually up and down year to year anyways. There were three teams bunched at the top, Geneva and then everyone else. If you look at non-cons, the conference went 10-6, if you remove Lake Park, 10-4. In those non-cons, they went 8-4 against playoff qualifiers, 8-3 if you remove LP. The conference is fine. SCN & WN have good paths to the semis, Geneva/SR can potentially give us a look into the strength of the conference early on. If Batavia and Hersey meet in round two we will have a really good idea of the strength of the conference. Batavia's three losses came to opponents with a combined record of 23-2. Just like last year when WWS was 5-4 and gave BR all they can handle, I expect all the Dukane teams to be tough in the playoffs.

GBN and WWS were the only teams that took "sizeable" steps backward and to be honest, GBN is usually up and down year to year anyways. There were three teams bunched at the top, Geneva and then everyone else. If you look at non-cons, the conference went 10-6, if you remove Lake Park, 10-4. In those non-cons, they went 8-4 against playoff qualifiers, 8-3 if you remove LP. The conference is fine. SCN & WN have good paths to the semis, Geneva/SR can potentially give us a look into the strength of the conference early on. If Batavia and Hersey meet in round two we will have a really good idea of the strength of the conference. Batavia's three losses came to opponents with a combined record of 23-2. Just like last year when WWS was 5-4 and gave BR all they can handle, I expect all the Dukane teams to be tough in the playoffs.
WN took a sizeable step back this years team isn't any where close to last years team, they have an 8-1 record but they are considerably weaker. Will the Dukane teams be tough out sure they will but this years versions of the these teams have way more flaws then last year.

WN took a sizeable step back this years team isn't any where close to last years team, they have an 8-1 record but they are considerably weaker. Will the Dukane teams be tough out sure they will but this years versions of the these teams have way more flaws then last year.
I think I heard that Dansdill was done for the year unless it was an old tweet or post.

I think I heard that Dansdill was done for the year unless it was an old tweet or post.
That I had not heard but if true it’s a major blow kids is a stud and a difference maker.

I might have to push back a bit on the "sizeable" comment. Obviously, they're not as good as last year, but I've seen them play 3 times and would say they're still a top-tier team, but not nearly as dominant. Line play might not be as deep and obviously losing their QB was huge, but team speed, athleticism, and intangibles are still there. I wouldn't underestimate this team.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but SCN doesn't finish anywhere near 8-1 w/o Sturges. They rode Nubin to a 2nd in state when they weren't the second best team in 7A w/o Nubin. They may do the same with Sturges, but they're damn lucky to get a player who is head and shoulders above the rest and can carry a team for a second time.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but SCN doesn't finish anywhere near 8-1 w/o Sturges. They rode Nubin to a 2nd in state when they weren't the second best team in 7A w/o Nubin. They may do the same with Sturges, but they're damn lucky to get a player who is head and shoulders above the rest and can carry a team for a second time.
I HATE TYLER NUBIN! I'm drafting a 30 for 30 special on that topic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT