ADVERTISEMENT

618 Perspective

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
2A Breese Mater Dei to meet Wilmo in the finals. Jimmy has a really good squad this year.

4A Cahokia is probably not what the Rockets wanted, but I think 1 tops 16 here. Colombia is SOL. Breeze Central only lost to Mater Dei in the Milk Jug Bowl - farm boys. They will be a significant speed bump for Rochester, I think.

5A Carbondale has a long haul! In fact, tons of driving in this class. More than 7/8A probably. I think Mascoutah gets to the finals.

6A EastSide.

7A Collinsville deserves the ass beating they are about to get.

8A - O'Fallon is not an easy out. Edwardsville will be.

2A Breese Mater Dei to meet Wilmo in the finals. Jimmy has a really good squad this year.

4A Cahokia is probably not what the Rockets wanted, but I think 1 tops 16 here. Colombia is SOL. Breeze Central only lost to Mater Dei in the Milk Jug Bowl - farm boys. They will be a significant speed bump for Rochester, I think.

5A Carbondale has a long haul! In fact, tons of driving in this class. More than 7/8A probably. I think Mascoutah gets to the finals.

6A EastSide.

I would add Nashville to the 2A mix.

3A Mt Carmel and Benton have a chance to represent at State as well.

Very intrigued by Cahokia. If they can pull off the stunner they have a cruise to the final 4.

7A Collinsville is fools gold, Soft serve ice cream with a cupcake is the schedule they played.

8A I'm obviously pulling for the Panthers.

Ha! They are still probably beyond satisfied with their decision to leave. To think that they actually made the Playoffs. Granite City on the other hand……eh….not so much. 🤷🏾‍♂️
The only people who are fooled by collinsvilles season are the actual collinsville fans. What they did was embarrassing imo.

I watched GC crap the bed friday night too with a chance to get their first victory. Their qb was unstoppable running the ball all night and they got inside the 15 and called like 4 straight passes

I would add Nashville to the 2A mix.

3A Mt Carmel and Benton have a chance to represent at State as well.

Very intrigued by Cahokia. If they can pull off the stunner they have a cruise to the final 4.

7A Collinsville is fools gold, Soft serve ice cream with a cupcake is the schedule they played.

8A I'm obviously pulling for the Panthers.

1A - the south is wide open. Maybe Arcola, Camp Point, or Athens would be my guess. I dont' think any of those beat Lena or AC (whoever wins) or Forreston.

2A - either BMD or St. Teresa, the north is wide open with 3 or 4 contenders with Newman Catholic, Wilmington, and Bishop Mac.

3A - Tolono is probably the front runner due to their conference but Mt. Carmel and Benton have a quality shot as well.

4A - Semis will be Rochester and SHG. Breese Central has a punchers chance but they have not played a schedule anywhere near Rochester or SHG.

5A - Kankakee has a great team this year, hearing Mascoutah's QB may be done for the season due to injury, Morris has a good shot as well.

6A - EST and not even close

7A - No team south of I80 has a shot

8A - see 7A

Reactions: crusader_of_90
1A - the south is wide open. Maybe Arcola, Camp Point, or Athens would be my guess. I dont' think any of those beat Lena or AC (whoever wins) or Forreston.

2A - either BMD or St. Teresa, the north is wide open with 3 or 4 contenders with Newman Catholic, Wilmington, and Bishop Mac.

3A - Tolono is probably the front runner due to their conference but Mt. Carmel and Benton have a quality shot as well.

4A - Semis will be Rochester and SHG. Breese Central has a punchers chance but they have not played a schedule anywhere near Rochester or SHG.

5A - Kankakee has a great team this year, hearing Mascoutah's QB may be done for the season due to injury, Morris has a good shot as well.

6A - EST and not even close

7A - No team south of I80 has a shot

8A - see 7A

In 7A, I believe there are only 5 teams south of 80(Thornwood, TF South, Pekin, Collinsville and Normal), so not really going out on a limb. I think Normal may have a chance to get to the semi's, but will run into Rita there and get run over.

In 8A,LWE is south of 80 and I would say they have a shot.

Last edited:
Complete list of all 618 Action this week
8A
Edwardsville @ South Elgin
O’Fallon @ Glenbrook South

7A
Geneva @ Collinsville

6A
Riverside-Brookfield @ East Side

5A
Hillcrest @ Triad
Highland @ Morton
Dunlap @ Mascoutah
Metamora @ Marion
Carbondale @ Kankakee

4A
Cahokia @ Rochester
Harrisburg @ Carterville
Salem @ Breese Central
Macomb @ Murphysboro
Richland County @ Freeburg
Columbia @ Sacred Heart-Griffin

3A
Piasa (Southwestern) @ Benton
Greenville @ Monticello
DuQuoin @ Carlinville
Hoopeston @ Fairfield
Newton @ Tolono(Unity)
St. Joseph @ Mt. Carmel

2A
Flora @ St. Teresa
Chester @ Vandalia
Carmi White County @ Breese Mater Dei
Lawrenceville @ Johnston City
Mendon(Unity) @ Nashville

1A
Casey Westfield @ Sesser Valier

Some Thoughts
-Collinsville’s average opponent this year had 714 less kids. This is one of their better teams in recent years, but not expecting a win this week

-I like 5A if Mascoutah can get healthy. The Indians can beat anyone in the southern bracket at full strength. Triad has a very realistic path to the semis. Highland is playing their best ball after starting 1-4, they have shown they have defense and I think can get some wins with some fortune. Also have a three year starter at qb and a winning pedigree

6A EastSide.

Crusader what did I miss? What did Collinsville do?

Some Thoughts
-Collinsville’s average opponent this year had 714 less kids. This is one of their better teams in recent years, but not expecting a win this week

-I like 5A if Mascoutah can get healthy. The Indians can beat anyone in the southern bracket at full strength. Triad has a very realistic path to the semis. Highland is playing their best ball after starting 1-4, they have shown they have defense and I think can get some wins with some fortune. Also have a three year starter at qb and a winning pedigree
I think the Highland @ Morton game should be a good one. It could be whoever has the ball last. They do have a common opponent in 6A Washington. Highland lost week 1 30-20 and Morton lost week 5 35-14. I’m thinking about trying to get to Morton for my first in person game this year.

Should highland get past Morton do they have have any chance against Morris at home next weekend? Idk you tell me. As fans we have the luxury of looking ahead lol

I think the Highland @ Morton game should be a good one. It could be whoever has the ball last. They do have a common opponent in 6A Washington. Highland lost week 1 30-20 and Morton lost week 5 35-14. I’m thinking about trying to get to Morton for my first in person game this year.

Should highland get past Morton do they have have any chance against Morris at home next weekend? Idk you tell me. As fans we have the luxury of looking ahead lol
I like their odds to make a game against Morris, computer only has the Bulldogs as 9 point underdog. Factor in a 3 1/2 hour bus ride to get there and what can be a tough place to visit, I think that should shave a couple points off the spread. Some cold and sloppy weather would help their odds too, you'll need all the help you can get to stop the Redskins from scoring it seems.
Another big factor is if Highland can catch the ball. The last two games of theirs I saw, they had multiple killer drops that cost them the game. Can't do that and expect to beat top teams like Morris

Does anyone know the status of Chase?
Obviously he is pretty hard to replace(43 tds through 8 games), but next man up Zane Timon had a solid outing in his first start as he went 12/20 183 and 1 td in the air. Racked up 64 yards and two scores off 11 carries as well, so I think they are in capable hands. Timon has been playing defense throughout the year and has 39 solo tackles plus 3 fumble recoveries, so he is no stranger to making plays.

They quit SW Conference football and scheduled a 4a schedule, ending up with one loss. Weak sauce and they deserve a beating for it.
Oh, I see. Honestly, I wasn't upset about them or Granite City leaving the conference, as they were both extremely uncompetitive, but yeah, Collinsville's schedule still leaves much to be desired.

My problem with that is they didn't have any problem handing out the ass whoopings to ESL in sports like baseball (the last 4 meeting was a combined score of 70-1, or something like that).
Had they stayed the trip to Cali and IMG don’t happen. I would play those games any day versus playing Collinsville and Granite City.

STATE FINALS

8A - Loyola over Maine South
7A - Rice over Normal Community
6A - ESTL over Cary-Grove
5A - Fenwick over Morris
4A - JCA over SHG
3A - IC over Tolono
2A - Tri-Valley over St T
1A - Forreston over Carrollton

Not too much of a surprise, but not a good start to the postseason for the 618 against outsiders
Edwardsville loses
Highland loses
Columbia loses
O’Fallon loses
Civic Memorial with our lone win as they take down Quincy Notre Dame 20-17.
Futbol had a better night for us as Collinsville and Althoff got some big wins on the pitch.
Only one game starting past 3:30 being played in the 618 tomorrow with Salem @ Breese Central. Hillcrest @ Triad is my pick for best game to watch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT