ADVERTISEMENT

4A Super-Sectional Stevenson 5 Maine South 1 *FINAL*

MIKEFTB

Jul 7, 2001
Bolingbrook IL
I've gotta think Stevenson is a heavy favorite to at least get to the title game Saturday. A big win by the Patriots will line them up in the semis against the winner of the Wesleyan SS (O'Fallon/Naperville Central) Friday at 3PM...

MIKEFTB

4A Super-Sectional St.Rita 3 Andrew 1 *FINAL*

As most expected, their ticket to Silver Cross Field for the semi final against the Wheaton North/Galesburg winner still playing. This will be the last of the 4 semi-final games Friday....

MIKEFTB

4A Super-Sectional Naperville Central 3 O'Fallon 1 *FINAL*

The Redhawks, who had their season ended by the Panthers last spring return the favor in Bloomington and are headed to the semi-finals Friday at Silver Cross Field 3PM...

MIKEFTB
This post was edited on 6/7 10:00 PM by MIKEFTB

Re: Well Witty...

I had the 'Stangs winning 5-2...it was closer than I anticipated...what a pitching duel...congrats to Andrew on a strong season...A lot of people wrote teh T-Bolts off after Frank Ganser's tenure ended, but Dave DeHaan is getting this program back up and running....Rita and ...Huntley....man I remember when that school was itty bitty...you all remember one of their most famous Alums...BNCGirl! She's probably married with kids by now....

MIKEFTB

You really think Stevenson is a shoe in against Central? They might beat them, but that game has to be rated a toss up at this point. Central is 36-4 riding a 16 game winning streak.

The truth is that both those teams are tough to beat, but one of them has to go. And throw the first game between the two of them out at this point, it will be a completely different pitching match up.

Re: Well Witty...

Mike,were you there? Did you catch Zunica's "jeering section" when he walked out to first base? What the H was that about? Bad blood between him & Andrew fans, or are they just like that all the time?

Re: giaour...

I wanted to go to that game, but I didn't get a chance to get down there. I'm not surprised but the incident you mention...there's always been a bit of friction with some of the SW Chicago area private schools, and schools in the Orland/Tinley area...many of the kids know one another.....for certain parish affiliations, or moving from city to 'burbs...etc.

MIKEFTB

Not sure about Stevenson being a "heavy favorite". They might win, but NC is a very, very good team. In my opinion, NC is way too good to be a clear underdog to anyone in Illinois this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT