ADVERTISEMENT

4A Game - All-Time Great Ken Leonard Gets the win 44-20

Disagree with that. Watch jordan lynch on the sideline. The kids believe in plantz. He took over a program in the shambles and brought them to the state championship his 1st year.
He needs to treat yesterday as a learning experience both for his kids and him. He wasn’t the only one clowning it up. The QB yapping as they were getting it handed to them was not a good look.

Great year for them but not a great ending.

Disagree with that. Watch jordan lynch on the sideline. The kids believe in plantz. He took over a program in the shambles and brought them to the state championship his 1st year.
Can both things not be true?

I assume a smart guy like him is already reflecting on his shortcomings in football decisions and sideline demeanor yesterday.

He is a good coach and probably the right guy for them. But his youthful energy will be turned into thoughtful experience. I imagine Leonard was telling him something along those lines in their extended postgame handshake.

Plantz is also a brian Kelly guy. Brian Kelly has always been a real good football mind. When he managed to get his emotions under control in the early 2010s his on field performance improved substantially. I believe we will see the same trajectory with Plantz. Good football guy who will reflect on how his team will follow his demeanor entirely and how every move he makes on the sideline will impact how his players respond.

Reactions: net-se and Gene K.
He needs to treat yesterday as a learning experience both for his kids and him. He wasn’t the only one clowning it up. The QB yapping as they were getting it handed to them was not a good look.

Pc players were not the only ones getting chippy. I think that is ref problem. You stop that by throwing a flag. Also I think this is just the beginning dor plantz pc is going to to alot more talent going forward. I think they had somthing like 15 underclassman start for them.

Reactions: net-se

Clowning it up?

How about treat anyone that way?! Prob more appropriate.
I agree. I will nod or smile at every man that crosses my path. I learned that from my father - say hello to everyone.

Women, now a days - I do look away if walking on the street or in the marker. Just a habit I developed in the city, as I know my girls do not want to be ogled.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K. and net-se
Meh, I think they can take a good natured jab.
Still can’t believe that Waterloo score though.
The history of SHG and the MVC in the last 20 years or so is a string of running clock blowouts. I sure the team knows that and the combo of that, nine straight RC blowouts and missing the steadying factor of coach Leonard's presence may have fueled some overconfidence. Especially among the offense.

What people forget is that the defense played well throughout, three times holding Waterloo to FGs after the Offense gave up the ball deep in their own territory. Waterloo's sole TD was a great individual effort.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT