ADVERTISEMENT

4A Game - All-Time Great Ken Leonard Gets the win 44-20

We played Provi my senior year - all we were told was that they were a Chicago Wrestling Factory - tough kids.

Saturday night game - we shared a stadium with Belleville East and West and rarely got Fridays as the Catholic school. That morning, at the all-you-can-eat at the Ponderosa for breakfast with some teamates - I saw a pair of Provi parents eating breakfast.

Three things stood out - they did not make the same-day drive for a night game - that takes money - that stood out to me. All four were wearing Provi gear - what? This was 1990 and that type of stuff was not happening in Belleville, especially for Moms. Lastly, I nodded and tipped my cap as I passed their table coming back from the buffet - and I was not acknowledged. I was wearing gear and obviously knew why they were in my town.

Eff You.

Whipped that tail 35-0 and sent them a long bus ride home.

PC's D-line dominating first two series.

SHG will need big plays. Dont think they will drive down the field

We played Provi my senior year - all we were told was that they were a Chicago Wrestling Factory - tough kids.

Saturday night game - we shared a stadium with Belleville East and West and rarely got Fridays as the Catholic school. That morning, at the all-you-can-eat at the Ponderosa for breakfast with some teamates - I saw a pair of Provi parents eating breakfast.

Three things stood out - they did not make the same-day drive for a night game - that takes money - that stood out to me. All four were wearing Provi gear - what? This was 1990 and that type of stuff was not happening in Belleville, especially for Moms. Lastly, I nodded and tipped my cap as I passed their table coming back from the buffet - and I was not acknowledged. I was wearing gear and obviously knew why they were in my town.

Eff You.

I didn’t know Ponderosa had breakfast buffet.

SHG with the big play to get to the red zone. Kinda surprised he got caught. And score next play. 7-0

Eff You.

Reminds me of my first encounter with JCA fans in 92. Nothing but a bunch of nerds who think having a kid standing on the sideline for 4 years somehow gives them "status" in their community. Goes to show money can't buy class.

Reactions: crusader_of_90

Eff You.

How much was a hotel in Belleville in 1990? Could they have had family in the area? Odd observation

We arguing New Lenox private school money vs Springfield private school money up in here? I doubt there's a huge delta in the socioeconomic statuses of the SHG kids and the Provi kids.

SHG looks much, much faster.

Reminds me of my first encounter with JCA fans in 92. Nothing but a bunch of nerds who think having a kid standing on the sideline for 4 years somehow gives them "status" in their community. Goes to show money can't buy class.

get_off_mylawn.jpg

Eff You.

Is Shorty's bar still open?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT