ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Poster of the Year Awards. The Rocks.

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
So last year, I was able to post this in a more reasonable timeframe: first week of December. But Mrs. Rock and @McCaravan shook me out of my 2 month daze. Mrs. Rock found me last week in a puddle of my own urine, in the same pajamas I had on Nov. 19th, with empty boxes of Barracos and Marlboros strewn about and I don't even smoke. Then @3OrangeWhips @Topiary and @Vincennes6410 gave me some offseason juice and of course McCar's take on the new St. Rita coaching staff hires shook me back to the laptop. Thank you men, you are heroes!

Last year @eireog took the Rock for POY. Without further ado, my Poster of the Year Rock goes to @3OrangeWhips . Just knocked it out of the park this year. Always a solid poster, 3ow brought subtlety and humor to the cuts that cut both ways, great info with a new coach-Lauschless- BR team that many people had questions about, and provided great info in the CCL/ESCC realignment. Brother Rice posters are like that Aunt at your family parties: sometimes the smartest, sometimes the funniest, sometimes the most dramatic, sometimes the drunkest. With @krock the house mostly lurking and chilling and @Topiary only playing free safety and not letting misinformation or disparaging remarks get past him, 3ow has become the best source for Brother Rice information and comments and an excellent source for relevant info on the many CCL/ESCC rumors, lies and half-truths that make a season on @EdgyTim so entertaining. Congrats 3ow for an excellent season, keep an eye out for your Rock in your mailbox.

Last year @rocketnation took home the Rock for the "I've never heard of your school, I never followed your school or conference, but because you posted great info on your team and conference instead of just whining about how everyone just posts or talks Catholic League stuff, I now follow you, your team and conference because you are awesome" Rock award. This Rock category might need to get a shorter name. This year the "I didn't care until I met you" Rock goes to @Formicidae13 . Dude crushed it on all things Missouri Valley. His weekly "618 Talk" post was must-read material. Actual pertinent, current, information on the upcoming games, the results and the teams from that region. Man, I thought I was good, I thought I was Bond's Die Another Day Halle Berry but Formic's writing and reporting makes me look like Monster's Ball Halle Berry. Congratulations 13, If I can't make it down there to drop off the Rock, do me a favor and just grab one from the Cahokia Mounds and write "ROCK" on it with a Sharpie.

The Chicagoland Area Public Poster of the Year or the CLAP goes to: @brucealmighy . It was a close race with @stl705 and @RD_Watcher . But Bruce just can go into any IHSFB team, conference, matchup thread and post intelligent posts seamlessly. While I use him for his west suburban takes, as he reps the WSC Silver and his GW Hitters, he travels well into any area's High School football conversation and that's pretty admirable. My only question is, has anyone seen @brucealmighy and @ClownBaby together? When GW is up there among the state's best, Bruce is your man for West Suburban info! When WWS is up there as usual (lest a couple of seasons), @ClownBaby is the man for all things DuKane! Both knowledgeable, witty and assets to all our discussions on this board. Bruce, I'll stop by and give you the CLAP. Whoa, that doesn't sound too good. my apologies. How about you stop by Waterfall Glen and find a Rock and write CLAP on it with a Sharpie. Thank you and Congratulations on a fine season.

A shout out to a couple of new posters that are a joy to read. Some may not be new, new, heck I think one is an all-timer, but all the following I noticed more this year (I'm not checking sign up dates or history, obviously, 2022 was their only season if they are new, but if they are veterans of the board, I apologize putting them into the "new" category, but still thought they were worthy of a mention.) Maybe call it new to me award, even though no Rock's are awarded for this category to the following posters because one-hit wonders can't receive them, when you are consistent to the grind and bring it each season, then we can talk awards. Congratulations to @tuccs , @MalleusMaleficarum , @Silver Rain , @DMurph11 . Now DMurphs been around, but man, upping his game, getting CCL/ESCC ready, I just felt he deserved a mention because he was just informative and passionate all season long. Congratulations to our "new to Rock" shout out winners.

Hopefully, next year, I can release these closer to the end of the High School season but with the Caravan kicking my teeth out Nov 19th and needing the recovery time, I thought if I can still get it out before the Super Big Game, this post can be considered this season.

Thank you to all my Edgy family, and of course thanks to the grand poobah for giving us a place to get us through these seasons and an almost necessary distraction from real world junk. THANKS FAM!!!

Last edited:
Geez, gimme a break, acting like I said they sucked or something! I fell victim to the non communication hazard of the keyboard misinterpretation 😀.

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
Geez, gimme a break, acting like I said they sucked or something! I fell victim to the non communication hazard of the keyboard misinterpretation 😀.
All love and respect, you know that. Just sharpening my Blue edge. It's been too long, I can't go into next season out of shape:cool:

All love and respect, you know that. Just sharpening my Blue edge. It's been too long, I can't go into next season out of shape:cool:
Great write up Rock and thanks again for taking over the gambletron CCL picks of the week! @3OrangeWhips is a great pick this year.....I still got an A.P.B. out on @go_rice...after years of him bashing MC, making over the top late night predictions of how BR was going to dominate he just disappeared mid season and never resurfaced, even after BR made that late surge. I thought for sure he would come back firing for rematch vs. MC, but nothing....MIA of 2022 award winner.

I’m thankful to receive the Rock on behalf of the 618.
I’d like to thank @rocketnation for being my main inspiration, seeing how popular his non-Chicago threads were was a major reason I gave it a go with the 618. I’m also appreciative of all of the other 618 posters who chimed in with some great information on their respective teams, I couldn’t do it without them.
It was cool to see how much interest the board had in southern Illinois teams, especially schools most had never heard of before. Thank you to all who read the 618 Talks and chimed in.
One more thank you to you Rock for making this thread! You clearly put a lot of effort into the awards and it is appreciated.

So last year, I was able to post this in a more reasonable timeframe: first week of December. But Mrs. Rock and @McCaravan shook me out of my 2 month daze. Mrs. Rock found me last week in a puddle of my own urine, in the same pajamas I had on Nov. 19th, with empty boxes of Barracos and Marlboros strewn about and I don't even smoke. Then @3OrangeWhips @Topiary and @Vincennes6410 gave me some offseason juice and of course McCar's take on the new St. Rita coaching staff hires shook me back to the laptop. Thank you men, you are heroes!

Last year @eireog took the Rock for POY. Without further ado, my Poster of the Year Rock goes to @3OrangeWhips . Just knocked it out of the park this year. Always a solid poster, 3ow brought subtlety and humor to the cuts that cut both ways, great info with a new coach-Lauschless- BR team that many people had questions about, and provided great info in the CCL/ESCC realignment. Brother Rice posters are like that Aunt at your family parties: sometimes the smartest, sometimes the funniest, sometimes the most dramatic, sometimes the drunkest. With @krock the house mostly lurking and chilling and @Topiary only playing free safety and not letting misinformation or disparaging remarks get past him, 3ow has become the best source for Brother Rice information and comments and an excellent source for relevant info on the many CCL/ESCC rumors, lies and half-truths that make a season on @EdgyTim so entertaining. Congrats 3ow for an excellent season, keep an eye out for your Rock in your mailbox.

Last year @rocketnation took home the Rock for the "I've never heard of your school, I never followed your school or conference, but because you posted great info on your team and conference instead of just whining about how everyone just posts or talks Catholic League stuff, I now follow you, your team and conference because you are awesome" Rock award. This Rock category might need to get a shorter name. This year the "I didn't care until I met you" Rock goes to @Formicidae13 . Dude crushed it on all things Missouri Valley. His weekly "618 Talk" post was must-read material. Actual pertinent, current, information on the upcoming games, the results and the teams from that region. Man, I thought I was good, I thought I was Bond's Die Another Day Halle Berry but Formic's writing and reporting makes me look like Monster's Ball Halle Berry. Congratulations 13, If I can't make it down there to drop off the Rock, do me a favor and just grab one from the Cahokia Mounds and write "ROCK" on it with a Sharpie.

The Chicagoland Area Public Poster of the Year or the CLAP goes to: @brucealmighy . It was a close race with @stl705 and @RD_Watcher . But Bruce just can go into any IHSFB team, conference, matchup thread and post intelligent posts seamlessly. While I use him for his west suburban takes, as he reps the WSC Silver and his GW Hitters, he travels well into any area's High School football conversation and that's pretty admirable. My only question is, has anyone seen @brucealmighy and @ClownBaby together? When GW is up there among the state's best, Bruce is your man for West Suburban info! When WWS is up there as usual (lest a couple of seasons), @ClownBaby is the man for all things DuKane! Both knowledgeable, witty and assets to all our discussions on this board. Bruce, I'll stop by and give you the CLAP. Whoa, that doesn't sound too good. my apologies. How about you stop by Waterfall Glen and find a Rock and write CLAP on it with a Sharpie. Thank you and Congratulations on a fine season.

A shout out to a couple of new posters that are a joy to read. Some may not be new, new, heck I think one is an all-timer, but all the following I noticed more this year (I'm not checking sign up dates or history, obviously, 2022 was their only season if they are new, but if they are veterans of the board, I apologize putting them into the "new" category, but still thought they were worthy of a mention.) Maybe call it new to me award, even though no Rock's are awarded for this category to the following posters because one-hit wonders can't receive them, when you are consistent to the grind and bring it each season, then we can talk awards. Congratulations to @tuccs , @MalleusMaleficarum , @Silver Rain , @DMurph11 . Now DMurphs been around, but man, upping his game, getting CCL/ESCC ready, I just felt he deserved a mention because he was just informative and passionate all season long. Congratulations to our "new to Rock" shout out winners.

Hopefully, next year, I can release these closer to the end of the High School season but with the Caravan kicking my teeth out Nov 19th and needing the recovery time, I thought if I can still get it out before the Super Big Game, this post can be considered this season.

Thank you to all my Edgy family, and of course thanks to the grand poobah for giving us a place to get us through these seasons and an almost necessary distraction from real world junk. THANKS FAM!!!
I’ve heard SR is a basketball school now. Say it ain’t so Rock!!

• Haha
I’m around I still have plenty of info on the DuKane teams and still attend most WWS games but I’m coaching a youth football team and helping run the program that has over 300 kids in it so not a lot of free time to post in the fall anymore.

St. Rita has competitive teams across a wide range of sports because of great staffs, great parents and great alumni. You now lose your 2021 POY Rock for making that claim on a HS football board. Please ship the Rock back confestim.

Heck, with little Rock there next year, you'll be calling it a hockey school soon. All kidding aside, I hope all is well in the EP

No feeto?
Speaking of @feeto , this allows me to bring up posters that I never consider for the Rock for a variety of reasons.

feeto
@LakeCtyNewt
Two posters with great weekly threads, their work is appreciated

@MWittman
@DeanOfSelection
@pjjp
@Cross Bones
@MS4EVER
@godfthr53
@McCaravan
@MC63
@SOUTHSIDECFD
@epicbret
All the above have the curse for being too good for too long that any of them winning would be boring.

@Wittymoniker1
@tomloner
Consistent St. Rita posters with great posts but cursed by my self-imposed conflict of interest rule.

They have an amazing basketball team with some eye popping size and talent and they are all juniors. There record won’t reflect it but they play teams from all over the nation so most of those loses are to top teams nationally, they were in Florida this week....now they did lose to a certain CCL Blue Blood rivial this past week but I won’t bring up who as I already upset @RockSoup once this week and I try not to do that often! Plus I don’t want him to put back on his urine soaked PJ’s and take up smoking again! 😂😂. Kidding aside SR will be a force at the State Tournament in hoops with the schedule they played. Record be damned. All that matters is you win the last game of the season.

They have an amazing basketball team with some eye popping size and talent and they are all juniors. There record won’t reflect it but they play teams from all over the nation so most of those loses are to top teams nationally, they were in Florida this week....now they did lose to a certain CCL Blue Blood rivial this past week but I won’t bring up who as I already upset @RockSoup once this week and I try not to do that often! Plus I don’t want him to put back on his urine soaked PJ’s and take up smoking again! 😂😂. Kidding aside SR will be a force at the State Tournament in hoops with the schedule they played. Record be damned. All that matters is you win the last game of the season.
MC has a very good team and is high ranked. They will be a force in the playoffs too. SR played three highly raked teams in FL. this week. They won the first two and lost last night to the #3 team in the country. I honestly think they are a bit worn out. They have only had two (2) homes all season. But some home cooking and sleep in their own beds may help some. They finish the season with five home games.

Don’t want to derail the thread but it’s a good year for CCL basketball.

Reactions: McCaravan
Speaking of @feeto , this allows me to bring up posters that I never consider for the Rock for a variety of reasons.

feeto
@LakeCtyNewt

@MWittman
@DeanOfSelection
@pjjp
@Cross Bones
@MS4EVER
@godfthr53
@McCaravan
@MC63
@SOUTHSIDECFD
@epicbret
All the above have the curse for being too good for too long that any of them winning would be boring.

@Wittymoniker1
@tomloner
Consistent St. Rita posters with great posts but cursed by my self-imposed conflict of interest rule.
You were raised right, so it's the proper call. We all appreciate the shoutout.

MC has a very good team and is high ranked. They will be a force in the playoffs too. SR played three highly raked teams in FL. this week. They won the first two and lost last night to the #3 team in the country. I honestly think they are a bit worn out. They have only had two (2) homes all season. But some home cooking and sleep in their own beds may help some. They finish the season with five home games.
Let's also mentioned that MC took it to Rita and beat them last week. Not trying to start a basketball thread here, but I do feel Rita is a little overhyped at this point. Remember, they were #1 preseason.

Too many road trips and "tough" games. Schedule some of those tough games against teams in your own regional and sectional. To be honest, Rita might now even make it out of their own regional. Kenwood and BR are in there.

With Kenwood, Brother Rice in the Regional-Sectional, I don't think Rita will be going to state. If she does prevail, then there will be WY waiting for her in the Supersectional. I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:
With Kenwood, Brother Rice in the Regional-Sectional, I don't think Rita will be going to state. If she does prevail, then there will be WY waiting for her. I hope I'm wrong!
With the losses Rita will get a middle seed. Be nice to get at least one game at home. Beat Rice earlier in the season in a hostile environment. But they are a good team and it's hard beat good teams twice in the same season. To tell you the truth I miss the home and always with teams in you conference. If coach Price is getting the airline miles he should be able to fly around the globe several times. lol

I try not to mention the Edgy Mount Rushmore types like yourself during the award ceremony.

It was fantastic to meet you Week 1. and I hope to catch up with you soon!
Rock:

Absolutely we will meet up for a CCL game again. I look forward to it with immense pleasure.

• Love

To Rock and Members of the Edgy’s Lost His Mind Free Football Board…well, most of y’all…

Truly honored. Temporarily humbled.

I fear that I’m not prepared and mature enough to handle all the attention and perks that this title bestows.

Now, no one can say that an addiction (CCL football) doesn’t offer rewarding recognition. Words of affirmation are my…

Even though 1981 feels like yesterday, the only thing that could top this is BR winning another state title before my expiration date. Better make it #101MPH.

206 days until kick.

Respectfully,
POY (‘22, )

Thanks @RockSoup! I used to pickup trash at Waterfall Glen when I was in college so definitely know how to get there to mark up a rock.
I think the next time you see me and @ClownBaby in the same place is when the Hitters and Tigers find a way to get that classic matchup back on the schedule.
I have been fortunate to work with athletes in Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Western Springs/LaGrange, Downers Grove and Elmhurst. Throw in kids from those communities at private schools and friends working at many suburban schools and I end up with interest in a lot of teams. Plus as a long suffering Illini fan I end up following a lot of recruits that end up breaking hearts by heading to other schools after I get my hopes up.
This forum is great. We are all fortunate that @EdgyTim allows us knuckleheads to engage in spirit debates to keep us from our “real lives”.

feeto
@LakeCtyNewt

@MWittman
@DeanOfSelection
@pjjp
@Cross Bones
@MS4EVER
@godfthr53
@McCaravan
@MC63
@SOUTHSIDECFD
@epicbret

@Wittymoniker1
@tomloner
Well since Witty and I were standardized out of the competition could you at least give Witty "Most Photogenic" and me "Mr. Congeniality?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT